Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 12-23-2009, 08:24 PM   #1
Den4176
El Maligno....

Drives: 2ss/rs,'10-E350, E46 328i
Talking Camaro5 Twin Turbo Build Wish List...

Like stated on the title, what kind of kit set-up would you wish to build and what kind of add ons would you add if you had the $$ and the time....for example:

i wish to build my turbo kit with a separate oil system dedicated to the turbo feed and separate front mounted oil cooling....

or what kind or size of turbos you would add to your set-up, it would be great to design or built our own camaro5 turbo set-up from our own beasts feel free to add more ideas .... please keep it helpful and constructive!! and please leave the inner troll at the door if you don't like it or have anything to add

let the flaming begin
Old 12-29-2009, 08:51 PM   #2
Den4176
El Maligno....

Old 12-29-2009, 10:02 PM   #3
LS3SSRS

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
i really dont know what to type here lol
Old 12-30-2009, 09:01 PM   #4
Den4176
El Maligno....

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS3SSRS View Post
i really dont know what to type here lol
It's cool!! this thread only got 120+ hits......lol i guess... i was looking for peoples ideas., if they had the opportunity to build a turbo set-up , what would they add or mod further to the standard set-ups.....
on me...........mods please delete....kthxsbye
Old 12-31-2009, 10:33 AM   #5
Z_Rocks

Drives: everyone crazy...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den4176 View Post
It's cool!! this thread only got 120+ hits......lol i guess... i was looking for peoples ideas., if they had the opportunity to build a turbo set-up , what would they add or mod further to the standard set-ups.....
on me...........mods please delete....kthxsbye
Building a Turbo [the correct way] takes a lot of R&D, since there are many variables that each one by themselves or in combination can affect the results. The engine size, the Pipe's length and diameter play an important role in spool time and air delivery. Size of Intercooler is important for cooling or if too big and air flows too easily, will not cool down properly. The Wastegate are critical with the chosen turbo size for releasing extra gas and so on and so on. My point is that, what you're asking about, is a subject that is very involved to design and architect. A [proper] turbo kit is not throwing money and putting a bunch of pipes and turbos together. If you go this route, you'll not find yourself with the right kit. That's why you see [experienced] vendors like VRE, Turbonetics, Fastlane and others, spend months of time to develop it.

My humble suggestion is not to reinvent the wheel and go with a kit that is working already, like VRE or Fastlane. If you're set with TT, there was another vendor, if you search, you'll find them in this forum, and they have a very nice TT.

Good luck and becareful from wrong advice!
Z_Rocks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:43 PM   #6
Den4176
El Maligno....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z_Rocks View Post
Building a Turbo [the correct way] takes a lot of R&D, since there are many variables that each one by themselves or in combination can affect the results. The engine size, the Pipe's length and diameter play an important role in spool time and air delivery. Size of Intercooler is important for cooling or if too big and air flows too easily, will not cool down properly. The Wastegate are critical with the chosen turbo size for releasing extra gas and so on and so on. My point is that, what you're asking about, is a subject that is very involved to design and architect. A [proper] turbo kit is not throwing money and putting a bunch of pipes and turbos together. If you go this route, you'll not find yourself with the right kit. That's why you see [experienced] vendors like VRE, Turbonetics, Fastlane and others, spend months of time to develop it.

My humble suggestion is not to reinvent the wheel and go with a kit that is working already, like VRE or Fastlane. If you're set with TT, there was another vendor, if you search, you'll find them in this forum, and they have a very nice TT.

Good luck and becareful from wrong advice!
THXS..for the advise i really appreciate that...but i already know some but im sure not all of the basics.. like...The capacity of my engine,The number of valves,At what RPM to i want the turbo to come in,The type of fuel i plan on using,The turbo boost i plan on running and The amount of horsepower wanted to build and some more things like tunning......and i also know that throwing money at it and putting bunch of pipes together attached to a turbo doesn't make me a (experienced) person like the companies mentioned....but i'm not in the business or make my living on making or designing turbo kits or anything related to any automotive products...this was a simple question on asking other fanatics of cars like myself if they had a chance to build a set-up what would they add or modify but i wanted to go with any of the vendor mentioned, i know that they did they're R&D and more....and i would be happy with any of them!! and i really appreciate your suggestions but if i could, i would like to build my own kit, i know i must be sick . this was not intended to knock or dissed anybody(apologies just in case)or that i would try to attempt to do it...but if i could i would reinvent the wheel ...lol

Last edited by Den4176; 01-01-2010 at 07:47 PM. Reason: forgot.........
Den4176 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2010, 07:47 PM   #7
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
If you are really serious about doing your own system, you need to read this book: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Max.../9780837601601 This is considered the bible for modern turbo systems.
Old 01-01-2010, 07:50 PM   #8
Den4176
El Maligno....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
If you are really serious about doing your own system, you need to read this book: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Max.../9780837601601 This is considered the bible for modern turbo systems.
Thank you sir... i also read this some time ago http://www.amazon.com/dp/0895861356/...t_sb_ti_sims_3
Old 01-01-2010, 07:58 PM   #9
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Den4176 View Post
Thank you sir... i also read this some time ago http://www.amazon.com/dp/0895861356/...t_sb_ti_sims_3
Well you sound like you are on the right track. If you ever want to get your blood pumping, go to this site and view some of the videos: http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/videos-home.html
Old 01-01-2010, 08:07 PM   #10
Den4176
El Maligno....

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedster View Post
Well you sound like you are on the right track. If you ever want to get your blood pumping, go to this site and view some of the videos: http://www.nelsonracingengines.com/videos-home.html
thank you ^^i just took a quick look (saved for the weekend) just sick!!!