Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 08-12-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Few Audio Questions - Please Help!

So disabling the center speaker (on the dash) of my BA system.

Is this recommended? Ive seen some threads on this, but can't find out how this helps? Wouldn't it be removing sound? Easy to do? Anything else?

Also, I've put in 2 12" RF subs in a Subthumb box, and wondering where all the best spots are to dynamat/sound proof?

Are there any other options as good as Dynamat for a lesser price?

Thanks!
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #2
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
So disabling the center speaker (on the dash) of my BA system.

Is this recommended? Ive seen some threads on this, but can't find out how this helps? Wouldn't it be removing sound? Easy to do? Anything else?

Also, I've put in 2 12" RF subs in a Subthumb box, and wondering where all the best spots are to dynamat/sound proof?

Are there any other options as good as Dynamat for a lesser price?

Thanks!
You would get true stereo. It's purely a preference thing.
Old 08-13-2014, 01:42 PM   #3
TwentyTen2SSRS

True stereo without center speaker? What do you do just remove speaker completely?
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
Old 08-13-2014, 04:36 PM   #4
Fifty 2SS

Drives: 2017 Fifty 2SS w NPP
You can just pop the cover off take the screws out pull it out and unplug it and put it back or take it out it does not matter either way
Fifty 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 08:23 PM   #5
jshaf
Montani Semper Liberi

Drives: 2011 Black 2SS/RS w/ IOM stripes
I know when most do the ******** FARK and amp swap they usually do door speakers with better Components and once you upgrade those the center speaker is pretty much worthless, I am sure most just leave then in the dash and unhooked at the FARK adapters. I have never missed it, never was that noticeable in the first place

Stainless Works 1 7/8 Long Tude Headers, Stainless Works High Flow Cats, Stainless Works Retro Chambered Catback, Z/28 Air Intake, RDP Tuned, FR41 Chrome Rims, 1100W stereo, 35% Tint
jshaf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 12:23 AM   #6
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by jshaf View Post
I know when most do the ******** FARK and amp swap they usually do door speakers with better Components and once you upgrade those the center speaker is pretty much worthless, I am sure most just leave then in the dash and unhooked at the FARK adapters. I have never missed it, never was that noticeable in the first place
When you use the FARK kit to replace the factory amp, the center channel is no longer connected and does not work with the installation of the new amp.
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
TwentyTen2SSRS

Ah okay well mine doesn't work then now since I used fark on my amp for my two 12's. Any recommendations on new door speakers? Just remove door panels and you can swap them out there?
Old 08-15-2014, 11:52 AM   #8
Brandywine5

Drives: 2013 1LT/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwentyTen2SSRS View Post
Ah okay well mine doesn't work then now since I used fark on my amp for my two 12's. Any recommendations on new door speakers? Just remove door panels and you can swap them out there?
The factory tweeters have a built in capacitor to filter out the low frequencies. If you put in a component set, you must use an active or passive crossover or risk damaging the tweeters.