Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 10-26-2010, 11:37 AM   #15
2010SSRSM6

Drives: My wife crazy with my C5 usage.
Lets see, on a two lane "freeway" we have rig's getting slowed down by illegal aliens who are driving without a license and or insurance that dart into the passing lane at 35 in a 70 with no signal or breaklights.

Then you add in the older folks that live in the retirement communities in my area......

Sprinkle in the kids with the civic's with 8" mufflers sticking straight up on the back of the 9 different color cars..........

We can't forget the drunk rednecks..............

Oh, plus all the people gawking the car pulled over on the side of the road for no reason, god help us if there is an accident.....................

Then GM had to give my car over 400hp, I had to add more to that and cant get up to the speed limit over 75% of the time.

Don't even get me started on the two asian kids that pull up blocking the passing lane trying to rev their '89 Camry and trying to jump on it on the freeway yesterday in the rain..........

There needs to be a law that limits the ability to reproduce if your IQ is below a certain level, something above mayonaise would be great.............
Old 10-26-2010, 12:56 PM   #16
aldaron327
Onward and Upward.

Drives: '13 Equinox LTZ AWD,'09 Silverado
Send a message via MSN to aldaron327 Send a message via Yahoo to aldaron327
Along I-70 in Kansas we have the "You ain't gonna pass me!" mentality. The law recently changed to where everyone must keep right except to pass, or when passing a LEO, wreck, or emergency vehicle. However, people continually hang out in the left lane. Most of the time they're the transients from other states that don't know or don't care about the law. Then we have the local yocals who will pass slower traffic and then hang out in the left lane for a while, only to dart forward and get in the right lane while simultaneously trying to stare you down through their mirrors. Then as you get along side them to pass, they speed up, still with a vicious stare that says "Just try me!"

In heavy rain, traffic screeches to a halt as if drivers haven't figured out that their windshield wipers will remove rain from their windshields if they'd just learn how to turn them on. I learned that the hard way as I made my way back from Kansas City Int'l Airport last Friday night. I had no trouble seeing or sticking to the road, so I was going the speed limit (70) and came upon a guy in the left lane doing 40 who slammed on his brakes as I got closer. I guess that either he was driving on racing slicks or just didn't shell out the bucks for some new tires because he almost slid off the road. I just slowed down and waited for him to get over and then passed him.

In the winter, several interesting things happen: First, the OTR Truck Drivers make it their mission in life to do 55 or 60 when there's a foot of snow on the ground (because the plows haven't been out yet). They'll pass on the left whiting out EVERYTHING. Then there are the INDY 500 drivers who think that they're in the Mach 5 with the all-terrain treads who end up in the median or the ditch. Then there are the overly cautious who drive 10 mph because they didn't get the memo that a snow storm was blowing through and are scared to death that they'll never make it. We also can't forget the 4X4 drivers who can "GO ANYWHERE!" and end up in the ditch as well.

However, I will say that Kansas is the only state that I've driven in where traffic will move over to allow people to merge. I kinda dig that.
MODS: CAI by CAI, Flowmaster American Thunder Cat-Back, DBA 5000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Front), Hawk HPS Pads, Russell Braided Brake Lines, DBA 4000 Slotted/Cross-drilled rotors (Rear), Barton Short-Throw Shifter, UM Comp Extractor Hood & Gen I Spoiler, custom paint
aldaron327 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:17 PM   #17
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Here is one I’m seeing a lot of now in Georgia.

You are in the slow lane with the speed control on doing about 5-7 over the speed limit. You look in the rear view mirror and notice a car coming up on you fast. Twenty seconds later the car is gone. You look over your shoulder and see that car is now just cruising in your blind spot. You look ahead and see that there is a car about half a mile ahead of you and at some point you are going to need to get in the fast lane.

Here is the nice part. The car in your blind spot is going to do everything they can to make you slow down and get behind them to pass this car ahead of you. (Sure you can gun it and possibly get a ticket for doing 30 mph over the speed limit.) Once you get behind them they will speed away to find the next car to inconvenience! This almost happens daily now.

Bad drivers for the most part are predictable and don’t bother me too much. But these driver that go out of their way to inconvenience other drivers just gets my blood pressure up!
Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:20 PM   #18
Michelle42780
Cracker

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS Summit White/Beige
People here in TX are just oblivious and dumb. My roadrage runs rampant, with all of the stupidity on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
They drive like Massholes...
Originally being from Worcester, MA... I agree. I now understand why I'm an aggressive driver, it's the Yankee in me

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
RI drivers are the worst.
I will agree with you on this one. Once you cross over into RI from MA, it's quite different... and scary lol

Michelle42780 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:29 PM   #19
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post

They hit me.....constantly.....'nuff said
I think cherry needs the "bubble wrap" mod! lol Any word on when you get her back?

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:16 PM   #20
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
My hometown in Michigan (west bloomfield for any of the 'ganders here) has the worst drivers on the planet, no question: hot jewish trophy wives/moms. They spend their entire driving experience talking on the phone, eating absurdly expensive food from plum market, and painting their fingernails in their mercedes SUV. Here in Boulder I have really been impressed with the drivers overall and everyone is very courteous.
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 02:33 PM   #21
f5journal
Senior Camaro Fanatic

Drives: 2011 SS/RS manual - White
Here in Aiken SC we really have no traffic jams, but try making a left turn anywhere. All the bluehairs drive their Buick Lucernes 10 under and five car lengths apart. It's like trying to cut into Macy's parade anywhere you go
f5journal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 03:26 PM   #22
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue Leader View Post
In the left lane, at the speed limit , completely ****ing up the flow of traffic, cause nobody ****ing cares about anyone but them self here!
aaaaaand run red lights for about a minute plus after the light turns red....
so....
never go through a green light on Long Island for at least 2 minutes...

Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
I think cherry needs the "bubble wrap" mod! lol Any word on when you get her back?
if I didn't care about my "cool".....maybe...
('course, if I didn;t care about my cool I'd just have any other car wouldn't I?)

Nope -- gotta call tomorrow and check on my baby -- see if the exhaust has made an appearance...it's on the way so....just gotta get there....
I might die of excitement the day I get her back....if I do....it's been a pleasure - tell everyone I said "BYYYYYE"
Old 10-26-2010, 04:55 PM   #23
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
All I am going to say is that Ohio drivers in Michigan constantly use the left lane, travel with flow of traffic and even 5 miles below the posted speed limit of 70 mph even if center lane is clear or there is room to move over. When I drive the Ohio turnpike, absolutely minimal issues with passing on left and immediately retaking center lane. Just because Ohio limit is 65, kick it up a notch or get out of the way.

Do Ohio drivers instructors teach this?

And this comment is compiled from driving in this state for 24 years.

And another thing...If you're in the left lane doing 5 under speed limit while on your phone, texting, talking or blabbering with 4 other people in your car, eating and screaming at your kids, get the hell over.

Driving is driving....don't jeopardize others and their cars because your'e too preoccupied to handle 2 tons of metal effectively.
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:10 PM   #24
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
All I am going to say is that Ohio drivers in Michigan constantly use the left lane, travel with flow of traffic and even 5 miles below the posted speed limit of 70 mph even if center lane is clear or there is room to move over. When I drive the Ohio turnpike, absolutely minimal issues with passing on left and immediately retaking center lane. Just because Ohio limit is 65, kick it up a notch or get out of the way.

Do Ohio drivers instructors teach this?

And this comment is compiled from driving in this state for 24 years.

And another thing...If you're in the left lane doing 5 under speed limit while on your phone, texting, talking or blabbering with 4 other people in your car, eating and screaming at your kids, get the hell over.

Driving is driving....don't jeopardize others and their cars because your'e too preoccupied to handle 2 tons of metal effectively.
I am not originally from Ohio, but I bet they do that so you can get a good look at their OSU Buckeye bumper sticker and such. The whole time, knowing we are aggravating the good people from Michigan...
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:16 PM   #25
DayDreamer
Along for the ride!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS IBM
Had an old man, looked like he was 90, 2 car lengths into the intersection yesterday starring at the light waiting for it to turn green as intersecting traffic was honking and trying to get over so they could get around him...3 lane road instantly turned into a 2 lane intersection...and he didn't look even half way concerned...Yes, Arizona is loaded with old people...I love the "winter" here.
DayDreamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 05:50 PM   #26
Jay_LHD3

Drives: 2019 F150 RCSB Abyss FX4
Friday on my way home I was passing in the fast lane and I come up on a pick-up truck in the intersection median. The pick-up was crossing all 4 lanes and after crossing over two lanes he was waiting for a break in the other traffic to continue across to the other side.

Only problem is when I drove past the back of his truck I realized that I just drove under a cane pole (fishing pole) hanging 15 feet out the back of his truck. If I would had been in a pick-up it would had took out my windshield! It was literally invisible till the last second!!

Jay_LHD3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 07:37 PM   #27
Banshee
Institutionally Insane

Drives: 2013 IOM 2SS/RS 1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by 20Camaro11 View Post
I am not originally from Ohio, but I bet they do that so you can get a good look at their OSU Buckeye bumper sticker and such. The whole time, knowing we are aggravating the good people from Michigan...
Hey now....how bout them Badgers!
It's got a cop motor, a 440 cubic inch plant, it's got cop tires, cop suspension, cop shocks. It's a model made before catalytic converters so it'll run good on regular gas. What do you say, is it the new Bluesmobile or what?
Banshee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:36 PM   #28
20Camaro11

Drives: SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banshee View Post
Hey now....how bout them Badgers!
meh, I am a Penn State fan myself...:(
20Camaro11 is offline   Reply With Quote