Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 06-14-2013, 06:52 AM   #15
RenegadeSS

Drives: Camaro LLT
So what is the target price?
Old 06-14-2013, 07:30 AM   #16
GFORCE1320

Drives: 05 GTO
Quote:
Originally Posted by RenegadeSS View Post
So what is the target price?
Price should be very comparable to what our 9" kit price is, total package price ready to bolt in right around mid $6K range.

Thanks
Chris
GFORCE1320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:32 AM   #17
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clinc View Post
Big thanks to Chris & Casey at Gforce also the guys at Strange. First time dealing with Gforce and the customer service is great, they were able to deliver a day before scheduled pick up.

Really impressed with the size difference of the s60 compared to stock. This thing is beefy! Yet had enough clearance for the bigger magnaflow exhaust.
Took it out tonight to get some street miles on it. I will say just as smoth and quite as the factory diff.

First thing found a parking lot and cut some tight circles to test out the S-trac posi unit. Really smooth no binding or noise. hit it hard from a stop left two long black stripes on the road (private road with supervision of course). Logged a little over 50 miles, got it home and inspected it. No leaks everything looked great. Driveshaft and axles are badass too!

I will be putting some good hard street miles on it. In the next few weeks Will be going to the track for the real test. Hitting it hard with the trans brake and slicks!!
I'd like to thank you and Strange for letting us test our these new products.
It took awhile to find just the right car and just so happened we ran across you just a couple hours up the road, it worked out great.
Enjoy beating on that rear for awhile and check back with us on how everything is doing.

Thanks
Chris
Old 06-19-2013, 11:07 AM   #18
jeremywes

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GFORCE1320 View Post
All done, the customer came and took the car for a test drive with me this afternoon and the car drives just like stock with the S-60, nice and smooth.
He will put some miles on the car this summer and give us and Strange some great feedback on how it does. Stay tuned..

Thanks
Chris

Does it eliminate the infamous driveline slack noise that the 5th gen is plagued with?
jeremywes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 11:22 AM   #19
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywes View Post
Does it eliminate the infamous driveline slack noise that the 5th gen is plagued with?
Sure does, it's a nice quiet ride
It replaces everything from the transmission back
Old 06-25-2013, 05:03 PM   #20
GFORCE1320

Quote:
Big thanks to Chris & Casey at Gforce also the guys at Strange. First time dealing with Gforce and the customer service is great, they were able to deliver a day before scheduled pick up.

Really impressed with the size difference of the s60 compared to stock. This thing is beefy! Yet had enough clearance for the bigger magnaflow exhaust.
Took it out tonight to get some street miles on it. I will say just as smoth and quite as the factory diff.

First thing found a parking lot and cut some tight circles to test out the S-trac posi unit. Really smooth no binding or noise. hit it hard from a stop left two long black stripes on the road (private road with supervision of course). Logged a little over 50 miles, got it home and inspected it. No leaks everything looked great. Driveshaft and axles are badass too!

I will be putting some good hard street miles on it. In the next few weeks Will be going to the track for the real test. Hitting it hard with the trans brake and slicks!!
Sounds like you had a good day at the track on the new S-60.

Running a 9.91 @ 141mph is haulin for a car that you can drive to the track and back home, well done!!
Get that thing dialed in with a race tune and it'll go low 9's easy especially if you get that 60ft down.

Thanks
Chris
Old 07-16-2013, 10:43 PM   #21
GFORCE1320

Quote:

How is the rear doing?
Old 07-19-2013, 09:21 PM   #22
Clinc

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
So far so good! Been putting plenty of miles on it. Have a little over 2.5k and still smooth and quiet with no leaks. Love it! After 17 passes of track abuse and alot of street abuse I think it's almost time for an inspection.
Clinc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 05:55 PM   #23
Clinc

Got a wild hair today and threw it on the dyno. So here is some validity as to the power I'm putting to this s60. The car has a bit more left in it. The tuner wasn't around to make any tweaks but it was still making torque at 6800rpm. And going lean..

Back on subject- strange s60 and GForce axles and driveshaft FTW!!
Attached Images

Old 07-20-2013, 06:57 PM   #24
se7en

Drives: 10 Procharged SS
Wow.....nice power! What kind of mods are in this beast
se7en is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2013, 08:21 PM   #25
Clinc

Fully built 408, f1-x, 4l80e MVb, strange s60, Gforce 4" driveshaft & level 5 31 spline axles. With all the supporting mods. Ill get around to updating my signature someday.
Old 07-21-2013, 10:38 AM   #26
GFORCE1320

Wow, that thing pulls like a freight train! Was that on pump gas?
Old 07-21-2013, 11:10 AM   #27
Clinc

E85 with 17*of timing. Im going to get it back to the tuner this week. I want it tuned to full potential and spin in it to 7200 maybe more.
Old 07-21-2013, 12:09 PM   #28
FrankT
400HP used to be enough..

Drives: 2010 2SS rs manual
I'm jealous of you mid-west guys and your plentiful E-85. It's hard to find it here in North Carolina. Great numbers BTW!

Tags
s-60 gforce1320