Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 09-24-2010, 10:23 AM   #43
Steve@Vectormotorsports

Drives: Firehawk
Thanks for all the kind words guys, as far as software goes It really has nothing to do with the OP. A good tuner can properly tune a car with HPT, EFI live, SCT, Etc. We choose to use LS2 edit because we have an engineer that allows us to have propitiatory software that gives us whatever we need.

As far as tuners go and choosing one, find someone who you can talk to directly that's trustworthy and stick with them.
Steve@Vectormotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 10:38 AM   #44
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
I go with my gut and past expereince on this stuff when I buy but hats off to the vendors for having a great discussion and being totally cool to each other!
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2010, 07:42 PM   #45
FB3

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS RS LS3, BRM, NPP
I dealt with Livernois when I had my Pontiac G8 GXP. They have a tune for that ecm that can be returned to stock and cannot be detected. They are great to work with.

I talked with Rick LeBlanc about a tune for my Camaro and he told me that there is no tune available for it that cannot be detected by GM no matter what you do, ie reinstall the stock tune. They WILL know your car has been tuned and your warranty is gone.

So, as it has been stated on this forum numerous times, if you want to mod your car be willing to say goodby to your powertrain warranty.
Old 09-24-2010, 08:04 PM   #46
tom692010
Account Suspended

Drives: 4 wheels
I'm sure they are sick of saying it but purchased the predator installed it in 20 minutes. Added Montes Diabblew tune, hp and response blew mw away. Needed to do back to stock because A/C compressor was shot. @0 minutes to remove Diablo's tune returned to stock had work done and reinstalled Predator tune. No phone calls,computers or anything else
tom692010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2010, 09:37 PM   #47
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
i went with vector
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2010, 08:27 AM   #48
PWRtrip

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS/RS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rikarus View Post
I go with my gut and past expereince on this stuff when I buy but hats off to the vendors for having a great discussion and being totally cool to each other!
ditto ...
PWRtrip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 02:38 PM   #49
techtoys617

Drives: 2011 L99 2SSRS Stock
Question I have been reading this forum for weeks!

Bought a 2011 2SSRS L99 a couple of months ago. Things were great during the test drive. But I have to say this transmission does not perform well in many situations. Like everyone else, I really want to tune without voiding warranty. I had a pow wow with a service manager at my dealer. He said, "...don't do anything crazy like playing with the fuel mappings or any of that stuff and we won't blame it on the tune".

I don't want a camaro on steroids...just have a better driving experience (especially at lower speeds).

What do you offer for guys like me? Does the service manager make sense?

P.S. - Why is "DSteck" suspended?
techtoys617 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2011, 03:13 PM   #50
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by techtoys617 View Post
Bought a 2011 2SSRS L99 a couple of months ago. Things were great during the test drive. But I have to say this transmission does not perform well in many situations. Like everyone else, I really want to tune without voiding warranty. I had a pow wow with a service manager at my dealer. He said, "...don't do anything crazy like playing with the fuel mappings or any of that stuff and we won't blame it on the tune".

I don't want a camaro on steroids...just have a better driving experience (especially at lower speeds).

What do you offer for guys like me? Does the service manager make sense?

P.S. - Why is "DSteck" suspended?
Welcome Aboard, None of My tunes are so crazy that they would cause damage to your engine or transmission or rear end.

You should take the time to read the feedback I get on my tunes I think you will be impressed.

I have tuned over 400 Camaros to date so I have a little experience with them

I make things real easy for you, you can install one of my Custom tunes in your car in your driveway in about 20 minutes total with the SCT X3 hand held tuner that you will purchase and keep with the car for life.

I run a Program were if you buy your parts from me tunes for those parts are free.

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2011, 01:16 PM   #51
techtoys617

Quote:
Originally Posted by JANNETTYRACING View Post
Welcome Aboard, None of My tunes are so crazy that they would cause damage to your engine or transmission or rear end.

You should take the time to read the feedback I get on my tunes I think you will be impressed.

I have tuned over 400 Camaros to date so I have a little experience with them

I make things real easy for you, you can install one of my Custom tunes in your car in your driveway in about 20 minutes total with the SCT X3 hand held tuner that you will purchase and keep with the car for life.

I run a Program were if you buy your parts from me tunes for those parts are free.

Ted.
Thanks for responding. Consider me a future customer. At 1,438 miles my car threw some codes (P2534,P0230,P0700) and wouldn't come out of 3rd gear. They ended up replacing all 12 pins from the fuel pump module connector (whatever that is). They couldn't repeat the TRANS codes so I'm a little skeptical since it currently has only @1900 miles on it. How long do you think I should wait before blessing this thing for a tune?

I'm willing to "pay to play" as long as we're playing with a full deck

Last edited by techtoys617; 03-26-2011 at 01:17 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-26-2011, 01:20 PM   #52
techtoys617

Crap, I just hijacked a thread! Just PM/email me dude. Sorry bout that!
Old 03-27-2011, 07:28 AM   #53
JANNETTYRACING

Drives: BLUE CAMARO ZL1 1LE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by techtoys617 View Post
Thanks for responding. Consider me a future customer. At 1,438 miles my car threw some codes (P2534,P0230,P0700) and wouldn't come out of 3rd gear. They ended up replacing all 12 pins from the fuel pump module connector (whatever that is). They couldn't repeat the TRANS codes so I'm a little skeptical since it currently has only @1900 miles on it. How long do you think I should wait before blessing this thing for a tune?

I'm willing to "pay to play" as long as we're playing with a full deck
I would put at least another 500 miles on to confirm your little issues are resolved and torture it in the process just to be sure

Ted.
JANNETTYRACING is offline   Reply With Quote