Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-22-2010, 11:07 AM   #43
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by TAG UR IT View Post

Exactly.

Thanks, Joe.
I try.
Old 11-22-2010, 11:19 AM   #44
mondain

Drives: toyota
Plane tickets to Canada, for starters.

EDIT: I seriously do not know why "pics of your car being built" is not already an option these days. Every part is so computer-controlled, if they can separate the doors on the other side of the factory and reassemble them later in the build, there is no reason they can't take pics of your car at any stage of the process. High quality digital pics, emailed to you perhaps as the build progresses, but in the least available with your "new car envelope" you get at the dealer.
mondain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:25 AM   #45
SS-Eric

Drives: 2012 Convertible
Send a message via Yahoo to SS-Eric Send a message via Skype™ to SS-Eric
I would certainly be willing to pay an $600-$750 if I could get a all the build paperwork (unfolded or creased) and still shots and/or video of my car coming down the line. I would like to able to take a tour of plant and actually be in the car as it goes through the final "Shake, Rattle and Roll" inspection. Then I would like a picture of me w/ all the leads that built the car. And since there is a little bar across the street that loves my Texas accent (and the waitress is pretty cute btw...) I would expect to be able to take the leads over there and buy them a BEER!!! not asking to much I hope... especially since I'm buying the drinks :P
SS-Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 11:26 AM   #46
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by SS-Eric View Post
I would certainly be willing to pay an $600-$750 if I could get a all the build paperwork (unfolded or creased) and still shots and/or video of my car coming down the line. I would like to able to take a tour of plant and actually be in the car as it goes through the final "Shake, Rattle and Roll" inspection. Then I would like a picture of me w/ all the leads that built the car. And since there is a little bar across the street that loves my Texas accent (and the waitress is pretty cute btw...) I would expect to be able to take the leads over there and buy them a BEER!!! not asking to much I hope... especially since I'm buying the drinks :P
Now you're talking!!!!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:28 AM   #47
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
At the beginning of the tour they hand you the intake cover for your car... During the tour they allow you to have employees sign the back of it... THAT would be worth a few bucks!
Old 11-22-2010, 11:56 AM   #48
SS-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
At the beginning of the tour they hand you the intake cover for your car... During the tour they allow you to have employees sign the back of it... THAT would be worth a few bucks!
I would go w/ the engine cover... it's bigger so it gives you more room for more Sigs!
Old 11-22-2010, 02:38 PM   #49
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
That would be cool.

It's not like each car coming down the line would have someone walking next to it either. So, there might be one to three people a day? That wouldn't be too many people who they would have to fit in. That would be worth it. AND....all of those line workers who get to see the people who are buying cars THEY build....that builds a satisfaction for the line worker too. ...you get to see the excitement from the buyers first hand. Talk about a REAL "attaboy" from the people who are ultimately the most important ones around. Because, without the buyers, they wouldn't have the jobs in the first place.

Yeah...

lf I were working in the factory putting a Z28 together and someone came up to me thanking me for what I do...asking me to sign an engine cover. Man, talk about job satisfaction. Might actually be GOOD for GM and it's employee happiness. MM hmm..
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 02:49 PM   #50
SS-Eric

Quote:
That would be cool.

It's not like each car coming down the line would have someone walking next to it either. So, there might be one to three people a day?

If/When the Z comes out I guarantee it will be limited numbers and even less that actually would take the tour, so I bet you would be lucky to get 3 or 4 a week... EVEN BETTER!!!!

AND....all of those line workers who get to see the people who are buying cars THEY build....that builds a satisfaction for the line worker too. ...you get to see the excitement from the buyers first hand. Talk about a REAL "attaboy" from the people who are ultimately the most important ones around. Because, without the buyers, they wouldn't have the jobs in the first place.

The ones that I've met so far are all so humble and very apprecative!!! I can't wait to meet many more next year

Yeah...

lf I were working in the factory putting a Z28 together and someone came up to me thanking me for what I do...asking me to sign an engine cover. Man, talk about job satisfaction. Might actually be GOOD for GM and it's employee happiness. MM hmm..
There's a banner hanging somewhere in the plant that reminds all the employees that Classic Chevrolet appreciates everything they do for us
Old 11-22-2010, 02:51 PM   #51
SS-Eric

Somthing else to add to my list... I want to get a picture w/ all the build team and that Classic Chevrolet banner
Old 11-22-2010, 02:53 PM   #52
hotrodhoodrat
hotrodhoodratz

Drives: 68' & 70' Pontiac's /2004 D. Dakota
Quote:
That would be cool.

It's not like each car coming down the line would have someone walking next to it either. So, there might be one to three people a day? That wouldn't be too many people who they would have to fit in. That would be worth it. AND....all of those line workers who get to see the people who are buying cars THEY build....that builds a satisfaction for the line worker too. ...you get to see the excitement from the buyers first hand. Talk about a REAL "attaboy" from the people who are ultimately the most important ones around. Because, without the buyers, they wouldn't have the jobs in the first place.

Yeah...

+
Old 11-22-2010, 03:55 PM   #53
RedJewel2SS
12.23s@113mph

Drives: 2SS/RS, A6, just a few bolt ons
i would like to build the engine

RIP Cammie 7/15/2009 - 4/1/2011
RedJewel2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:10 PM   #54
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Regardless of whatever happens i'd still like to shake all of your hands to say Thank You I may never meet all of you but if i do then we'll have that beer together .

Mike
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2010, 04:23 PM   #55
SS-Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
Regardless of whatever happens i'd still like to shake all of your hands to say Thank You I may never meet all of you but if i do then we'll have that beer together .

Mike
Super60
Does that cute girl still work at the bar across the street? If so, then I'll meet you there!!!
... if not we can kick it in the "Crown Room" again!
Old 11-22-2010, 04:24 PM   #56
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy

Drives: 2011 Camaro 1SS Manual Synergy Grn
Send a message via Yahoo to AnnaBear@SpartaChevy
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post

Mike
Super60
Mike ROCKS!!
AnnaBear@SpartaChevy is offline   Reply With Quote