Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 04-26-2011, 06:32 AM   #1
Allan Hernandez

Drives: 2LT/RS RJT/GrayHStripe
Send a message via Yahoo to Allan Hernandez
5th gen V6

Does the V6 really suck as bad as some people make it seem here on Camaro5?!I really dont think so yea sure obviously it doesn't compare to the SS but i mean i dont think its that far behind my cousin has an SS and ive driven quite a few times i have an RS and sure his ss is fun and fast but I find my v6 just as fun...I know the v6 doesnt compare to the SS but that doesnt mean the v6 isnt one of the best cars out there at least in my mind..I bought my 2lt/rs fully loaded for 26000 and i find it was worth every penny especially sense i find no need to go to the track its my daily driver and ive had for 6months now and still look forward to driving it every day its a real head turner
Old 04-26-2011, 06:53 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
Allen....the answer to your question is NO, it doesn't. No matter where you go in this world, there will be haters. I too have an 2LT/RS...and love it, and have for the last year and a half. I have won plenty of ackalades and a few awards at big shows. Even had my car voted Car of the Month of my Car Club. Like yours, my car is a DD, and I love it....especially was I drive by the gas pump. I made the trek to C5Fest....and had NO PROBLEM keeping up on the road....even when we are KICKIN IT. SO, with that said....enjoy your car....I know I do!
Old 04-26-2011, 06:56 AM   #3
GoPaul
H-Town Camaro Club

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2LT RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Allen....the answer to your question is NO, it doesn't. No matter where you go in this world, there will be haters. I too have an 2LT/RS...and love it, and have for the last year and a half. I have won plenty of ackalades and a few awards at big shows. Even had my car voted Car of the Month of my Car Club. Like yours, my car is a DD, and I love it....especially was I drive by the gas pump. I made the trek to C5Fest....and had NO PROBLEM keeping up on the road....even when we are KICKIN IT. SO, with that said....enjoy your car....I know I do!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:10 AM   #4
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
Yeah i totaly agree with you it just drives me crazy seeing so many people degrade the v6
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #5
turtlezx

Drives: 2010 1lt yellow
you know the sad thing with the majority of v8 owners?? they couldnt handle driving the v6 to its full potental. let alone the v8
Old 04-26-2011, 07:17 AM   #6
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Hi Allan,
Yoou answered your own question... the v6 is SEXY, POWERFUL, ECONOMICAL, AND ITS A 5TH GEN. CAMARO! I Love every moment with it, especially as i got my 10% window tints done yesterday and the FLOWMASTER on its way!!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #7
CamaroFreako
KMK

Drives: Slow V6 Camaro
regarding performance
yes the V6 does sucks, its heavy and slow

other than that, its as good as SS and better ride for daily drive if gas prices are high for you
Old 04-26-2011, 07:29 AM   #8
Allan Hernandez

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroFreako View Post
regarding performance
yes the V6 does sucks, its heavy and slow

other than that, its as good as SS and better ride for daily drive if gas prices are high for you
LMAO i find my pretty quick fast enough for me obiously im not gona gona go up to a vette or some exotic and try anythng but for the price the looks the smooth ride and I would love You to come see my camaro in person it turns way more heads here in dallas then any ss Ive seen so i mean did i get my moneys worth yes i did..i read this article were they mentioned the v6 could arguably be the better car with better fuel economy a better every day drive and with the same exact looks as the SS so tell me is paying 10grand more some ppl even pay $40,000 which is 15000 more really worth those extra 100hp I dont think so my friend. No Offense to the people who mod there SS to have 500+hp who spend thousand more in performance mods i mean thats nice and all but whats the point what do you prove your not in nascar your not getting payed to have the fastest car on the other hand your waisting more and more moneY!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:35 AM   #9
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
When I did a 100 ft burnout in a rental V6 camaro, I decided right then and there that this car was just as much fun as my 86' was. I think most V6 haters on this site would change their tone if they actually drove one. It's a great little car!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:41 AM   #10
Redskinfan72

Drives: Victory Red 2LT/RS
These threads never seem to go away...Guys who own V6's with no confidence in their car's abilities. V8 guys bashing the V6...When will it end? Most of these arguments can be settled with one simple question...Do you enjoy your car? Then that's all that matters. I own a 2LT RS I have modified it slightly. Headers and a Magnaflow exhaust system. I plan on a CAI some time this summer and may purchase a Hurst Shift kit as well. This 5th gen Camaro is like a rolling work of art. It consistently turns heads and is very popular at all the car shows I have attended. I think most uneducated people hear V6 and assume it's a boring underpowered car. Anyone who has driven one knows otherwise. The boys at GM hit one out of the park with this engine. A 312HP stock engine, with mods easily could approach 330HP!!! For normal , non track use , this is more than enough to lite up $250 tires...Please , If you agree...post away!
Old 04-26-2011, 07:49 AM   #11
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
The v6 in the look department is every bit sexy as the SS and there's no difference except for the mail slot.

Now the power.. its ok, I mean 312hp is no slouch but in a 3800lb car.. its ok. Nothing too fast and nothing too slow. Around 14+ second in 1/4 stock is about what most avg cars these days are pulling.

Now modding is where it make all the difference. This is where you can take a slow car and make it a beast.
I think the LLT v6 has a long way to go in this department, I mean.. 1 tuning option since 2009!? this is a joke seriously compared to the SS and other v6's that are available.

You can bolt on all the go fast bolt on's available right now at this moment for the v6 and that might not even be enough for most of us that are into modding.

I guess everybody have their opinion and the reason why they got their car but thats my ups and down on the current v6 camaro.

This might all change for the new LFX 2012 v6 tho..
Old 04-26-2011, 08:06 AM   #12
INTIMIDAT3R
Account Suspended

Drives: '11 2SS/RS L99, '12 2LS LFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allan Hernandez View Post
Does the V6 really suck as bad as some people make it seem here on Camaro5?!I really dont think so yea sure obviously it doesn't compare to the SS but i mean i dont think its that far behind my cousin has an SS and ive driven quite a few times i have an RS and sure his ss is fun and fast but I find my v6 just as fun...I know the v6 doesnt compare to the SS but that doesnt mean the v6 isnt one of the best cars out there at least in my mind..I bought my 2lt/rs fully loaded for 26000 and i find it was worth every penny especially sense i find no need to go to the track its my daily driver and ive had for 6months now and still look forward to driving it every day its a real head turner
NOTHING but for the V6!!!

I own BOTH an SS/RS and an LT/RS.

My LT/RS has enough power to get me into or out of trouble depending on my mood. It is my daily driver and she handles like a lady, but has attitude when needed.

My SS/RS... nothing but attitude and enough power to back it up!!!
Old 04-26-2011, 08:18 AM   #13
E.T.

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskinfan72 View Post
These threads never seem to go away...Guys who own V6's with no confidence in their car's abilities. V8 guys bashing the V6...When will it end? Most of these arguments can be settled with one simple question...Do you enjoy your car? Then that's all that matters. I own a 2LT RS I have modified it slightly. Headers and a Magnaflow exhaust system. I plan on a CAI some time this summer and may purchase a Hurst Shift kit as well. This 5th gen Camaro is like a rolling work of art. It consistently turns heads and is very popular at all the car shows I have attended. I think most uneducated people hear V6 and assume it's a boring underpowered car. Anyone who has driven one knows otherwise. The boys at GM hit one out of the park with this engine. A 312HP stock engine, with mods easily could approach 330HP!!! For normal , non track use , this is more than enough to lite up $250 tires...Please , If you agree...post away!
Totally agree. And yes, these threads are getting old. Obviously, a V8 is a better choice for the track, but the V6 is great for DD. If you plan to obey the laws, having buttloads of HP is useless for daily driving. You can't even go WOT in the V6 for more than a few seconds and remain a law-abiding citizen Neither car sucks

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Around 14+ second in 1/4 stock is about what most avg cars these days are pulling.
Most avg cars on the street are not 14 second cars. If by 14+, you mean 15, 16 and 17 sec cars, then yeah.

Old 04-26-2011, 08:26 AM   #14
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I don't have anything against a V6. I know that they kick out a lot of horses for a V6. For me though, I am the type of person that if I am going to spend big money on a toy car, then I better go all out because I will be kicking myself in the @$$ later on. The camaro I am ordering will only be a summer car because I don't want the sand and salt on the roads in the winter to ruin my sexy camaro.

Closed Thread