Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 04-28-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Briand069

Drives: 1997/1969 Camaro's
Oil leak and what dealer did

Hello,

Picked up my car Friday from the dealer after they had it all week to fix the oil leak or leaks. Original diagnosis was 3 leaks: Rear cover gasket/seal, oil pan gasket and also oil cooler gasket. Well, got under there today and first thing I see is oil on the cooler and pan. I continue looking around and I can definetly see they removed the transmission but I cannot tell if the pan or cooler was removed. Also, now looks like tranny fluid leaking from maybe one of the cooler lines. So, I've cleaned up all the oil I can see and will check again in a couple days for leaks. My question to anyone that has had the pan gasket replaced do you know if the front suspension had to be dropped to replace it? I can't see anything on mine that looks like it was unbolted but maybe they can get the gasket by lifting the engine some?

Brian
Old 04-28-2013, 07:06 PM   #2
2011 SS SLP ZL427

Drives: 2011 SS ZL427
If they had to change the oil pan gasket they would have had to drop the front suspension, being they also did the rear main seal cover thats why you see evidence of the tranny being removed, being you cleaned everything up, watch very close now for any new leaks that they could have caused because alot is involved in these 3 repairs they did to your car.