Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 01-03-2014, 07:17 AM   #155
Fred 6528

Drives: 2011 ss
Drive it, enjoy it, use it, repair it, restore it.
Fred 6528 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:05 AM   #156
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisBlair View Post
yes, but in 2014, we have this pesky "equality" thing. What happens when you violated wifey's rules and for instance track mud onto the clean carpet with your boots? Or if you mess up the nice clean kitchen she spent an hour cleaning? or leave your dirty clothes on the floor? Aren't you the husband and important too? But you can't just do whatever you want, it's not a one-sided deal. See how that works? Rules are good for the goose and therefore good for the gander
LOL ... After 30 years of marriage I'm trained well. I'm guessing we are the same age, and we both know who the boss really is.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:35 AM   #157
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
you guys have to remember, for a lot of the people here their camaro is either their first car, or first nice one. they just don't know how to act. for those of us that have been there and done that, it's not as big a deal.
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 AM   #158
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
It's just a car. She is a person. Your priorities are backwards and at some point you will find your possessions possess you.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:08 AM   #159
Fenderaddict2
Opinionated bugger!

Drives: Boss 302, Mazda 2, Praga & Intrepid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JCunningham View Post
WOW so many its just a car replies. If it was just a car I would have bought a new 4 door impala but i wouldnt have bought a car. I would have kept my truck.

Ferrari 458, or Chevy Cobalt, they are all just cars not something to worship or fret over.

Follow me on forums everywhere as Fenderaddict2 or my kid on the track and Twitter @fastmyles
Fenderaddict2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 09:13 AM   #160
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
Quote:
Originally Posted by DFWZ28 View Post
decided to drive my car all last weekend including friday to the office. My wife thinks i am a nut for my "RULES"... cant figure out why or is it just a guy thing?

no food or drinks in the car
no sandal skid marks on the bottom of the door panel or door sill panel
no to go food unless we are driving straight home
no jeans with the rhinestone studs on the butt...ok, i will bring a clean towel to sit on
no heavy lotion
before we leave on the border (any restaurant) go wash your hands
dont slam the door shut, close it by pushing it shut on the door handle only, especially not the glass window
dont put anything on the dash...it will just fall or scratch it
no putting on make up or spray perfume in the car
Some are perfectly reasonable requests, but others are. Bit eyebrow raising.

Sandal skid marks? My wife is short, she kinda needs push off points. It's not like she sits there kicking away at the sill, sometimes she has no choice.

You want her to handle the door right? You open and close it for her.

The food is a reasonable request, as is no sparkly butts but I hate those as it is so she wouldn't have them. However I had a button on a pair of dockers wear a seat so it's not just rhinestones that wear seats down.

Wash hands After eating? Unless she walks out of a restaurant dripping with bugs of food that's a bit rude.

Unless she's doing makeup while you're tracking it's not going to hurt anything and she's primping for you. Same for perfume, she's not spraying the car/marking territory and it evaporates fast.

There's reasonable requests but the others are reasons why she should let you go by yourself. After going on 17 years I still want to be around my wife.
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 11:43 AM   #161
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Drives: 1970 Buick, 2012 1SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
Ferrari 458, or Chevy Cobalt, they are all just cars not something to worship or fret over.
So you woudn't mind if I took your '65 and used it as my winter car this year? I mean, it's nothing to worry about or fret over. Just a car. I won't put my feet on the seats too often. And I need to haul some plywood sheet. Your '12 Boss looks like I could strap the sheet right to the roof. You won't mind, will you? Hey, I have a great big silver belt buckle. Mind if I play your strat a while?

Who said he was "worshiping" a car by wanting to keep it clean? You're doing the same amount of 'worship' by pointing out you own a '65 and '12 Mustang. If they weren't anything you put special value on, you wouldn't list them for the world to see, like you do.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:11 PM   #162
jd10013

Quote:
So you woudn't mind if I took your '65 and used it as my winter car this year? I mean, it's nothing to worry about or fret over.
Hyperbole much?

that's a little different than telling your spouse she can't sit in your car without a towel on the seat. and I hate to break it to ya, but a camaro, regardless of trim, is just another production car. if something happens to it, you can get 10,000 more just like it. I know some people want to think of it as some exotic super car, but it isn't.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:18 PM   #163
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
Originally Posted by jd10013 View Post
Hyperbole much?

that's a little different than telling your spouse she can't sit in your car without a towel on the seat. and I hate to break it to ya, but a camaro, regardless of trim, is just another production car. if something happens to it, you can get 10,000 more just like it. I know some people want to think of it as some exotic super car, but it isn't.
You're off base. You need to re-read what I commented on. I commented on the following statement. I even quoted it. I'll do it again though:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenderaddict2 View Post
He clearly states that ALL cars, even his own in that case are nothing to fret over. I know you don't like me jd, but please try to come up with something legit to call me out on. I addressed a point made and that point is now twice provided to you. When I try to to somebody it's the same as telling the spouse not to sit somewhere, that's fine- but I didn't. I addressed exactly what I quoted.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:22 PM   #164
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
Hyperbole much?
Difference in degree only. Same principle (level of care).

Obviously there's a whole spectrum here, from "it's just a car" implying that it need not get particularly good care on one end, and worthy of only the finest obsessive-compulsive pickiness at the other.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #165
jd10013

Quote:
You're off base. You need to re-read what I commented on. I commented on the following statement. I even quoted it. I'll do it again though:

He clearly states that ALL cars, even his own in that case are nothing to fret over. I know you don't like me jd, but please try to come up with something legit to call me out on. I addressed a point made and that point is now twice provided to you. When I try to to somebody it's the same as telling the spouse not to sit somewhere, that's fine- but I didn't. I addressed exactly what I quoted.

you know what he meant. if not, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. your trying to hide behind the exact words he typed while ignoring his point.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:42 PM   #166
jd10013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Difference in degree only. Same principle (level of care).

Obviously there's a whole spectrum here, from "it's just a car" implying that it need not get particularly good care on one end, and worthy of only the finest obsessive-compulsive pickiness at the other.

Norm

not really. your comparing two things that are much different. the '65 isn't "jut a car" cause it has collectors and antique value. it's like saying babe Ruths bat is just a bat. you cant go to any chevy dealership in the world and buy 10 of those cars. you can with a camaro. you can't equivocate a hard to find collectors item with a production car that is made by the thousands every month.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:07 PM   #167
ChrisBlair
Buick 455 Fan

Quote:
you know what he meant. if not, then I'm not going to waste my time trying to explain it to you. your trying to hide behind the exact words he typed while ignoring his point.
I didn't think you were one of those people that can't admit to being wrong, jd

Quote:
the '65 isn't "jut a car" cause it has collectors and antique value.
he said...I have to do this a third time......that even if it were a Ferrari... "they are all just cars not something to worship or fret over."

I used his own logic to illustrate my point. Deal with it cupcake. Find somebody else to pick a fight with, or maybe just come back when you sober up
Old 01-03-2014, 01:40 PM   #168
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Quote:
not really. your comparing two things that are much different. the '65 isn't "jut a car" cause it has collectors and antique value. it's like saying babe Ruths bat is just a bat. you cant go to any chevy dealership in the world and buy 10 of those cars. you can with a camaro. you can't equivocate a hard to find collectors item with a production car that is made by the thousands every month.
Yes really.

Believe it or not, there really are people for whom a '65 Mustang is just another old car. You cannot assume that such people will take better care of the '65 because it has collector value. I know this because I knew a guy like that once, and he even had a 1960's Mustang that he just drove but otherwise took abysmal care of (floor rotted under the passenger seat, so he yanked the seat out, left it out, and made his wife sit in the back seat. Drilled holes to let water out of any number of places but never patched or plugged them, set all kinds of stuff on the body . . . well, you'd never see any difference in the paint, so I guess that doesn't matter either. That's just the crap that I know of for sure. I am not making any of this up.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote