Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California

Old 10-20-2014, 04:21 PM   #1
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Drives: Camaro Of The Week.
home mechanics? or know someone to install LT Headers in San Diego Area?

Alright alright, before you guys jump in about the laws in Cali and stuff. My car is registered in Texas, i just renew it. so technically my car is following the TX law although i live in San Diego? right?

soo, I'm good for about a year to enjoy my old LT headers, and I'm looking for someone who have tools in their home, or maybe you know someone that i can pay to install it, bcs i don't have any tools AT ALL. like nothing. bcs I'm an international student and doesn't a closed garage.

Thanks

C.A.M.A.R.O- Constantly Adding Modifications Addiction Relentless Obsession

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
kenkartasasmita is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 06:59 PM   #2
jeffa

Drives: 2014 2LT/RS Ashen Gray Metallic
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
Alright alright, before you guys jump in about the laws in Cali and stuff. My car is registered in Texas, i just renew it. so technically my car is following the TX law although i live in San Diego? right?

soo, I'm good for about a year to enjoy my old LT headers, and I'm looking for someone who have tools in their home, or maybe you know someone that i can pay to install it, bcs i don't have any tools AT ALL. like nothing. bcs I'm an international student and doesn't a closed garage.

Thanks
You have 90 days from the date you moved to Cali to register the car in California, otherwise you will be fined. Doesn't matter about just having renewed your Texas reg. You live here, the car has to be registered here....
jeffa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 07:16 PM   #3
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffa View Post
You have 90 days from the date you moved to Cali to register the car in California, otherwise you will be fined. Doesn't matter about just having renewed your Texas reg. You live here, the car has to be registered here....

Exactly. AND, your Texas car may not pass California requirements. I think you have to pay an additional fee for that (don't quote me on that).

"Anyone who brings a vehicle into California, or purchases a nonresident vehicle while in California, should be aware that some nonresident vehicles cannot be registered in California or the United States (U.S.). "
Reference: http://www.dmv.ca.gov/portal/dmv/det...es/howto/htvr9
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 08:27 PM   #4
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Aahh rly.. someone told me that once i renew my tx registration im good to go. :( no?

2010 Camaro V6 1LT | Kooks Catback Exhaust + MBRP exhaust tips | TF3 Stripes | GM Transformers Emblem and Door Sill | Stillen splitter | GMX rear diffuser | K&N CAI | Pulstar iridium spark plugs. | Gm High Wing Spoiler | BBK LT Headers | BMR 4 Point Strut Bar | BMR 1" Lowering Springs | ZL1 Side Skirt | Black Ice-olator | Trifecta Tune |

My Build Thread
Old 10-20-2014, 08:41 PM   #5
ChargedCamaro

Drives: Twin Turbo LSX Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kenkartasasmita View Post
Aahh rly.. someone told me that once i renew my tx registration im good to go. :( no?
Yes you will be fine, my car has been registered in NV for 2 years and my truck has been registered in NV for other a year

If you don't draw attention to yourself you will be fine
ChargedCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:34 PM   #6
Blue Thunder

Drives: 2014 Chevy Camaro 1SS/RS
What a difference a letter makes: You will be fine vs. You will be fined. Lol

Stainless Power 1-7/8 headers, HF cats
Magnaflow 3" tru-x cat back exhaust
NicKey Dyno tune
Bo White ported throttle body
Elite Engineering Catch Can
CAI air intake
GM Strut Brace Bar
JL Audio 12w3 sub, JX1000/1d amp
CFD Carbon Fiber pistol grip TapShift shifter
EGX rear window louvers
4500k HID head and fog lights

Blue Thunder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedCamaro View Post
Yes you will be fine, my car has been registered in NV for 2 years and my truck has been registered in NV for other a year

If you don't draw attention to yourself you will be fine
Well my car color sorta draw an attention. :( but did get ur car smog in ca or not?

My Build Thread
Old 10-20-2014, 11:16 PM   #8
ChargedCamaro

A cop will not pull you over because your car is yellow or because it has out of state plates, they will pull you over if your driving like a dbag and then they MAY hassle you about the out of state registration

I never smogged my car here in CA
Old 10-20-2014, 11:18 PM   #9
ChargedCamaro

If you are going to keep your car registered in TX then start modding your car as much as you want
Old 10-21-2014, 08:43 AM   #10
pickwithaustin

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible and:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChargedCamaro View Post
If you are going to keep your car registered in TX then start modding your car as much as you want
TX has emissions requirements as well. To get it re-registered in TX, it will have to pass in TX. Plus, long drive to go get the required emissions AND safety inspection.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible | 1980 Corvette Stingray | 1981 Firebird | 1968 El Camino | 2007 Crown Vic Police Interceptor | 2001 Silverado | 2001 Blazer | 1965 Chevy C-10 | 2007 Harley Softail Custom | 2013 MX-5 in Copper Red Mica | 2000 Corvette Convertible | 2010 Corvette Grand Sport | 2006 Audi A3 Turbo | 2008 BMW 328i

pickwithaustin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:54 AM   #11
TripleBlkZL1

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10 & 18 2500HD Duramax
The last 4 years I had two different camaro's that were registered in Illinois. I've got pulled over multiple times in the socal area, and cops didn't get me any problems. Both of my camaro's had long tube headers.

2018 2500HD Duramax
TripleBlkZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 12:21 PM   #12
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by pickwithaustin View Post
TX has emissions requirements as well. To get it re-registered in TX, it will have to pass in TX. Plus, long drive to go get the required emissions AND safety inspection.
But i guess long tube wont hurt the emission.

My Build Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 12:22 PM   #13
kenkartasasmita
COTW [4/23/12]

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripleBlkZL1 View Post
The last 4 years I had two different camaro's that were registered in Illinois. I've got pulled over multiple times in the socal area, and cops didn't get me any problems. Both of my camaro's had long tube headers.
May i know why u got pulled over? Dont tell me bcs of ur car registration is from another state?

My Build Thread
Old 10-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #14
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
Pmd you
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote