Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 10-07-2013, 08:19 PM   #925
ALLTRBO

Drives: V8 up front and 7-spd out back FTW
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kronix View Post
Bro, I appreciate so much the time you took & the compliments you've given me, not just now but over the years. And what a compliment to hear that your wife would even approve, you have a real keeper there my friend!

I don't think I could've described the collaborative effort that went into building this car, any better than what you said. You nailed it on the head, and that takes a special individual. I've got a true connection with this car, and have felt like a parent interviewing babysitters, as opposed to just take the first person's check. I want this car to go so someone, just like you, with an appreciation for what's been done, but as I'm realizing, that takes patience. I wish you were telling me you could take it, and know that it'll stay in the family and be well taken care of for many years to come. But I also understand that everyone has their own obligations & priorities that always must come first.

Again, what you wrote really hit home, and only made me wish more that it's someone like you that will experience the countless hours that have been put into this build to achieve perfection. I received a similar comment from a car collector in the central part of the country this past weekend. He's been looking long and hard for a built, Gen 5 Camaro, and he said that I have one of the top 3 Camaros in the country. I feel embarrassed even repeating that here with so many awesome cars, but it felt awesome to hear such a thing from someone in the know. So there are people out there that appreciate the collaboration that came together to build the ZLX, and to this day I appreciate it every time I'm behind the wheel of it. This car has given me a great feeling of satisfaction and has made childhood dreams come true! I want someone else to feel the same sense of pride and enjoyment, so like my good friend, Pete of Pedders Suspension told me last week, that I just need to have patience (among other wise words of his infinite wisdom) and one day it'll happen. When that day comes, I will be sad, but I'll also be happy knowing it's in good hands and I know that whoever it may be, will have a life changing experience.

Thank you again my friend for the kind words, and should you ever change your mind, it would be an honor to turn the keys over to you!
Aww you're killin' me, man! I'm gonna send you a PM here shortly if my sleeping pill doesn't kick in first. (If it does... then good night! )
Thanks for the kind words, it really means a lot to me.
Old 10-07-2013, 08:45 PM   #926
Kronix
NJ/SoCal HT5 COTW 3/25/12

Drives: 2015 Z06/14 C7/08 Z06/07 Tahoe Z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aquablueL99 View Post
Hey John...I found another thing to play with.....overlays on photos....

What da ya think?..

Kurt ABL99...

Kurt, my friend, you never cease to amaze me with your endless talents! I love your new found hobby, and always doing for others, you are one class act!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALLTRBO View Post
Aww you're killin' me, man! I'm gonna send you a PM here shortly if my sleeping pill doesn't kick in first. (If it does... then good night! )
Thanks for the kind words, it really means a lot to me.
Just remember Turbo, you started it with that awesome post! Go ahead, you got the wife's approval...Make your dreams come true, life is too short to say shoulda, coulda woulda!!!

Built by Late Model Racecraft
Fastest C7 in Tri-State 10.13 @ 134mph
7/26/14 Corvette Challenge Raceway Park, E-Town, NJ
Kronix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2013, 06:12 PM   #927
Kronix

Today marks 2 years to the day that I bought a 2011 2SS/RS, and started the transformation to what it is today.

Thank you everyone for your continued support & encouragement to create something unique, and giving me the motivation to make it the best we could. I've made some awesome friends thanks to this forum & my build journal & learned so much from all the awesome builds and members, thank you all!
Attached Images

Old 10-16-2013, 11:53 AM   #928
CamaroI

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro
WOW amazed people put this kind of money into there rides just to sell pennies on the dollar. I have dropped some serious money into mine, but glad had the forthcoming not to sell or at least put more than couple 1000's miles on it. Losing a couple thousand is one thing but tens of thousands is just burning money. Hey if you got it to burn...burn away. Just not seeing such an incredible ride being sold to move into a new Stingray. Don't get me wrong, Stingray is nice, but have already seen tons of Stingrays in my area already and have never seen a Kronix build. Just sayin

Last edited by CamaroI; 10-16-2013 at 02:44 PM.
CamaroI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2013, 01:47 PM   #929
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Drives: 1968 Camaro & 2010 Camaro 2SS
There is only one and the one and only ZLX!!

....and John, my friend built it....

Kurt ABL99...
Old 10-16-2013, 04:31 PM   #930
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroI View Post
WOW amazed people put this kind of money into there rides just to sell pennies on the dollar. I have dropped some serious money into mine, but glad had the forthcoming not to sell or at least put more than couple 1000's miles on it. Losing a couple thousand is one thing but tens of thousands is just burning money. Hey if you got it to burn...burn away. Just not seeing such an incredible ride being sold to move into a new Stingray. Don't get me wrong, Stingray is nice, but have already seen tons of Stingrays in my area already and have never seen a Kronix build. Just sayin
Appreciate the kind words my friend , you've always been so supportive of my build. Believe me, it's such a hard pill to swallow knowing the amount of blood, sweat & money involved in creating the ZLX. It's real funny how SLP announced their Panther Edition, a full year after my car, and when you compare the 2, their's is a cheap knockoff with average, overpriced suspension parts, interior mods and basic controls. I made the Panther before it was even a twinkle in their eye!

I struggle everyday, and flip flop like a freshly caught fish in a boat, sell it, don't sell it. I took a gentleman for a test drive this weekend, and I don't think he was expecting what he experienced. I think he'd need ear protection when he drove the car, it's just straight obnoxiously fast, loud & sinister, and needs the right person behind the wheel.

Quote:
There is only one and the one and only ZLX!!

....and John, my friend built it....

Kurt ABL99...
Always too kind my friend, Kurt.....I can't take the credit though, I designed it and Cunningham Motorsports built it. I only wish I was talented enough to do more than I did. Thank you my friend for your continued support & ALWAYS being there for me! You're a special man, KK and I'm proud to call you a friend!

Old 10-17-2013, 03:04 AM   #931
Anulk

Drives: Camaro LS 2013
I spent over an hour reading each page and update. Amazing car and thank you for the story of how it came to be.
Anulk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:18 PM   #932
rccamaro

Drives: 2014 Camaro 2SS/1LE
Great work John! It's been nice following your project. Thanks
rccamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 08:06 PM   #933
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Thinking of my friend!!...

Like it says, "Next time John"...

Kurt ABL99...
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2013, 03:49 AM   #934
Kronix

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anulk View Post
I spent over an hour reading each page and update. Amazing car and thank you for the story of how it came to be.

Thank you Anulk, it's comments like yours that have been the driving force behind my build & fueled my passion to keep making it unique, faster and try to be ahead of the curve (which is real hard on C5 with it's bevy of high end builds. I truly appreciate you taking the time to read my story about the ZLX & how it came to be. Glad I could keep you entertained!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rccamaro View Post
Great work John! It's been nice following your project. Thanks
RC thank you for all the positive support & words of encouragement throughout the journey of my build. You've been around here for a long time, and it's been my pleasure & honor that I've had great members like you and so many others make frequent stops along the way. It's been a fantastic & humbling 2 year ride creating a car that was special enough to win COTW, 2 magazines in 2013, invited to be on display at the GM Nationals and a few Best of Shows (my most recent on Saturday ) I hope that I can achieve some of the same success with SSYNSTR 2.0!

Quote:
Thinking of my friend!!...

Like it says, "Next time John"...

Kurt ABL99...
Kurt you're always full of surprises when you stop by the thread! I never know what's in store next, and it's always something I look forward to! I owe you so much for helping me through some really trying times, and you're responsible for opening my eyes in many different ways, and I'll always be eternally grateful.

So it seems as though the ZLX's days are numbered and there's a few destinations it may be making someone very happy, as it has done me. With it being Breast Cancer month, one of my neighboring towns had a big fair/town day/ Cancer benefit & car show. My chiropractor, who was on of the sponsors for the benefit, asked me on Friday if I could bring the car down to be on display at the front of the car show. I had to go shot some videos for some potential buyers, so I figured I'd do him this favor as he's always been good to me. Not even registering the car to be in the show, much to my surprise there was a certificate on my windshield with the Peoples Choice award for Best of Show, along with a $100 cash prize. Since I've always believed in karma and having a few friends that have beat this deadly disease, I decided to donate the money to the charity, and was more than thankful for the paper certificate! Plus, cars shows are great spots to meet buyers too!

Anyway, I'm rambling, it's late, here's few pics I took & a walk around video that a few buyers requested. I'll be enjoying the ZLX while I still have it!

Boy, I'll miss that sound!

Some sweet Bel Airs, Chevelle SS's, some Hudsons & some great people.. I was in good company!
Attached Images

Old 10-21-2013, 07:46 PM   #935
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

John,
I wanted to create one of our best for you, my friend!
Tim will be with you "always and forever". I am sure you feel his presence daily. Please accept this token of our appreciation for you, simply being yourself. Kathy said the smiles on the photo will last forever and ever!....

I also thought it fitting that Tim & John be together with the ZLX...

Brothers Forever!!......

John, I also included the following link to one of my favorite tunes.....I hope you will enjoy not only the photo, but the recording as well. It speaks volumes....God is GREAT!!..

www.youtube.com/embed/tfgu6tW8Lg8

Kurt and Kathy ABL99...
Attached Images

Last edited by aquablueL99; 10-21-2013 at 08:12 PM.
aquablueL99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2013, 01:56 AM   #936
pierre777
HT5 COTW 9/3/2012

Drives: Cyber Bullet
Send a message via Skype™ to pierre777
J we're all gonna miss the ZLX and i trully hope it falls into the right hands that appreciate this monster.

Kurt man i'm stunned ,awesome work bro and it's one beautiful tribute right there !!
Old 10-24-2013, 08:43 AM   #937
aquablueL99
Jackson's COTW

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post
J we're all gonna miss the ZLX and i trully hope it falls into the right hands that appreciate this monster.

Kurt man i'm stunned ,awesome work bro and it's one beautiful tribute right there !!
Pierre, I don't think it is gone yet and I already miss it.....

Thanks for the compliment....I hope John likes it as much as I did making it...Love the song that goes along with it....pretty much sets the stage!!

Sincerely..

Kurt ABL99...
Old 10-28-2013, 09:07 PM   #938
Kronix

Quote:
John,
I wanted to create one of our best for you, my friend!
Tim will be with you "always and forever". I am sure you feel his presence daily. Please accept this token of our appreciation for you, simply being yourself. Kathy said the smiles on the photo will last forever and ever!....

I also thought it fitting that Tim & John be together with the ZLX...

Brothers Forever!!......

John, I also included the following link to one of my favorite tunes.....I hope you will enjoy not only the photo, but the recording as well. It speaks volumes....God is GREAT!!..

www.youtube.com/embed/tfgu6tW8Lg8

Kurt and Kathy ABL99...
Kurt, as I've told you, words cannot express the thankfulness I have for you, your time over the years, your shoulder, and all the things & doors you've opened for me. Thank you so much for the pictures of me & my co-pilot, I know he's always with me.

You're one of those people that comes around once in a lifetime and I'm so glad to have known you & be able to call you a friend. The Kellers will always hold a dear place in my heart!

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierre777 View Post

P, thank you for all your support from Day 1 with my build, and I'm glad my first set of wheels & tires went to you so we'll always be connected and I'll have a little piece of the Bullet!

It pains me to have to say this, but the ZLX is SOLD, and it couldn't go to a more deserving individual. He may not have 500 posts or be active on the forums that much, but he has followed my build since day 1 and we've communicated for years, as he's come to me for advice and to try to emulate the ZLX, and made it known that if it were ever for sale he would surely want the opportunity to own his dream car. I really felt like a parent choosing a family for adaptation of a child. It was narrowed to down to 3 buyers, one wanted to convert to a straight up track car, another wanted a show & go car and the third, well, it made his dreams come true. I could've started a bidding war, but that's not my style. I wanted this car to go to someone that would respect it, honor it, appreciate all the blood, sweat & tears that went into it, and make his heart pump as it did mine when I stepped on the gas pedal, and I think I made the right choice.

This car has made my dreams come true of being in Hot Rod magazines, being featured at the GM Nationals and meeting tens of thousands of people that fell in love with my creation. It will always be the ZLX and now the pride of someone else's life and I know he'll do it & me proud. Hopefully he'll step in and introduce himself, but I'll leave that to him and I guess he may even start his own build thread, but I'm not sure how much can be added, as I think it's perfect the way it is. I'll have many excellent memories and it's made me lifelong friends, and I hope to continue those relationships!

Quote:
Pierre, I don't think it is gone yet and I already miss it.....

Thanks for the compliment....I hope John likes it as much as I did making it...Love the song that goes along with it....pretty much sets the stage!!

Sincerely..

Kurt ABL99...

Kurt, will you ever get tired of hearing, "You're the man!!!", my friend? I hope not, because YOU ARE THE MAN!!!

As I mentioned, and it breaks my heart to say, but I know I'm making someone else's dream come true....The ZLX is SOLD.....Time for my next chapter in the Chevy world!

I want to thank everyone that followed my thread, the constant words of encouragement only fueled my fire to make it better & better, and it will always be the fastest, neck snapping, head turning car I've ever owned.

Big THANK YOU to Cunningham MotorSports for making the perfect world beater, Ryne & Tex you guys are the best & Thank you Rick for bringing me to them and all your support, and to Mr. Pedders, Pete Basica, thank you my friend for ALWAYS being there and making the best products in the world!! I'm proud to be Team Pedders and look forward to my next chapter!

Of course this won't be my last post as I have a few more ideas and want to send off the ZLX in an honorable fashion, so I'll be back!

Tags
car of the week, cunningham motorsports, magnuson supercharger, pedders, zlx