Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-31-2016, 03:37 PM   #1
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
SEMA LAS Vegas 2016

Anybody have an tickets? I'd like to go .

Anyone here going C5 member or vendors?
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 04:47 PM   #2
Welker2
Ret AF, cancer survivor

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS & 2006 Corvette
Sorry, went last year, but we're skipping this year.
Old 10-31-2016, 05:00 PM   #3
Scalded Dog

Drives: 2011 1LT
Ha. I'm jealous. I group of dudes from my office just left, out the door, not 10 minutes ago... our company's marketing division, off to SEMA.

All expenses paid for, and a big ol' bump to the paycheck for their "duty" to attend.

And I get to stay in the office.
Scalded Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 05:12 PM   #4
SSEssence
Instagram: Sangstah

Drives: 2019 Camaro 1LE
I wish! one of these years... :(

Follow the build https://www.camaro6.com/forums/showthread.php?t=612717
SSEssence is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 07:00 PM   #5
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalded Dog View Post
Ha. I'm jealous. I group of dudes from my office just left, out the door, not 10 minutes ago... our company's marketing division, off to SEMA.

All expenses paid for, and a big ol' bump to the paycheck for their "duty" to attend.

And I get to stay in the office.
What company do you work for?

I just got off the phone with someone who said he can get me in so I'm good.

Never been.Looking forward to going and checking out all the new goodies.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2016, 08:49 PM   #6
arod55
AROD55

Drives: 1955 Chevy Bel Air Hardtop
I went last year and yes it was a lot of fun. Even if you don't have tickets there are a lot of activities going on outside the convention center. Make sure you catch the parade on Friday night. Enjoy!!!!!!
arod55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 12:24 PM   #7
JoeP@TeamBeckyD

Drives: SS,PaceCar,ZL1,1LE,C7Z51,Z06,17-ZL1
For those going the 1st time....
.......wear comfortable shoes!...

I'm arriving Wednesday!

I wouldn't miss it!

Becky
JoeP@TeamBeckyD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2016, 04:24 PM   #8
01pewterz28
#TeamBeckyD

Drives: 2017 HBM 2SS Convertible A8
My last trip was 2010 went on Tuesday-Thursday had a blast. I will be back to SEMA maybe next year but w/in 2 years just in time for my 6th Gen from Becky D
Old 11-01-2016, 09:18 PM   #9
Lndryguru

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
Going thursday
Old 11-01-2016, 11:05 PM   #10
Tony's10

Drives: '10 Inferno Orange SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Anybody have an tickets? I'd like to go .

Anyone here going C5 member or vendors?
Not to sound bitter....., but here goes: SEMA has totally gone the way of the globe, and that's commercial. It used to be about new products and ideas. Now it's turned into a stupid carshow circus. Votes on best build!? Anybody see that absolutely stupid Jeep a couple years ago with DIFFERENTIAL GEARS around the headlights!!! What happened to putting new stuff onto the car and bringing it to the consumer? I have watched SEMA deteriorate on Speed then Velocity to the joke it is today. Mark my words, it will just be a matter of time before the general public are allowed in at a fee. Money is all anybody cares about today. The more, the better.

GREED.

-Tony
Tony's10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2016, 09:33 AM   #11
baum

Drives: 2013 1LS, 2013 Ram 1500
I will be going thurs-fri.
baum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 01:48 AM   #12
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony's10 View Post
Not to sound bitter....., but here goes: SEMA has totally gone the way of the globe, and that's commercial. It used to be about new products and ideas. Now it's turned into a stupid carshow circus. Votes on best build!? Anybody see that absolutely stupid Jeep a couple years ago with DIFFERENTIAL GEARS around the headlights!!! What happened to putting new stuff onto the car and bringing it to the consumer? I have watched SEMA deteriorate on Speed then Velocity to the joke it is today. Mark my words, it will just be a matter of time before the general public are allowed in at a fee. Money is all anybody cares about today. The more, the better.

GREED.

-Tony
Agreed with 90% of your post.
Been going for years (I work a booth every year). They won't let public in. The CEO shared at a meeting that when asked 25% of vendors said they wouldn't attend if they let the public in. Itsy belief that eventually the SEMA ignited will "overlap" a certain portion of the show and the gen public will get a small sample of the show. It's already crowded enough, if general public was let in the fire Marshall would have to shut it down.

D
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2016, 08:00 AM   #13
BLU DUCE

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS IBM Camaro
Yah don't let the public in who buy the the new products the vendors are putting on display to sell. They just might increase their sales and do a lot more business. You wouldn't want that to ever happen.

Either hold the show longer or find a bigger place to have it.
Old 11-04-2016, 02:12 AM   #14
Donald

Drives: Just a dream...
Quote:
Originally Posted by spike III View Post
Yah don't let the public in who buy the the new products the vendors are putting on display to sell. They just might increase their sales and do a lot more business. You wouldn't want that to ever happen.

Either hold the show longer or find a bigger place to have it.
Sigh... This is why the industry has problems.
Manufacturers (majority of them) do NOT sell to the public. You are an end user, not their customer. Manufacturers typically only sell to retailers and distributors who also are here. Letting in the public would actually hurt sales... You would have an explosion of people attend (300k right now industry only). Manufacturers would not be able to connect with vendors to get products out there or demo the cool new stuff. It would have an adverse effect from the over population. Look at the big picture.

Googled it. Vegas is #3 with 2mil exhibition space. Not counting the 3mil in meeting rooms. Count both and Vegas is number one. SEMA is funded by large parts makers, buyers, and related industry who need the meeting space. Technically there is no where larger that meets the needs.
http://www.comicsbeat.com/which-us-c...er-is-biggest/

D

Last edited by Donald; 11-04-2016 at 02:36 AM.
Donald is offline   Reply With Quote