Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics > ZL1 Wheels/Tires

Old 07-30-2013, 09:50 AM   #1
y2jdmbfan

Drives: 2013 IOM ZL1
Need Suggestions To Fix Damaged ZL1 Wheel...

Guys,

What's my best bet on getting this repaired? I'd hate to buy a whole new wheel, as these guys are going from $600-$700...Any input is appreciated...

Y2J
Attached Images

y2jdmbfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 02:25 PM   #2
ZL1-V

Drives: 2013 Camaro ZL1
Find a good wheel repair shop in your area if possible? They can remove the nick and refinish the wheel to original specs. Most of the big name tire stores will tell you as they use them also. I did way more damage than that on two black 10 spokes! The shop repaired the damage and they look like new.
ZL1-V is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
rolnslo
Rolling along...

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS SGM
If your location is correct, there is a Wheels America shop about 30 miles north of you in Elk Grove Village.

http://www.wheelsamerica.com/Wheels-...ir-Chicago.php

Not sure how that one is rated but the one in Houston seems to do a decent job based on reviews I've read. They usually charge a flat rate to repair a wheel - I think it's about $130 total. Maybe give them a call or stop by...
Old 08-01-2013, 10:53 AM   #4
Jimbo62

Drives: Zl1
When I bought my car, I bought the tire and wheel insurance. The business manager was trying to sell me other things as well which I didn't buy. But he did tell me that if I changed my mind I could call them and they would work with me. It couldn't hurt to call your dealer to get a price on the tire and wheel insurance and see if its cheaper than just paying for the repair.

these are expensive tires (and wheels) and I see lots of guys wrecking them on potholes and rough roads.
Jimbo62 is offline   Reply With Quote