Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 10-08-2011, 09:56 PM   #15
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by CC Performance View Post
Who gives a flying **** about Ford.... Seriously... shove the ford shit including motortrend where the sun dont shine.. This is a freaking Chevy Camaro board I dont give a rats ass what Mustang does
Quoted as truth....
Old 10-08-2011, 10:14 PM   #16
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
I am still LMFAO about CC Performance response , sorry, but the cats out of the bag and the gloves are off...I haven't laughed this hard in a long time....and, I am almost in tears...<I'm from Jersey and I can't help it>
Old 10-09-2011, 11:27 AM   #17
htron50

Drives: 2017 ZL1 Status "Thank You!"
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
I am still LMFAO about CC Performance response , sorry, but the cats out of the bag and the gloves are off...I haven't laughed this hard in a long time....and, I am almost in tears...<I'm from Jersey and I can't help it>
^ +3

The Mustang Boss is a good track car. Exceptional. But, just as the CTS-V would be to the ZL1 for comfort and luxury, The Boss would take you down to a "tin can" feel on the road when daily driven compared to a ZL1. That said, I submit for your review, to sit IN a Mustang at your local Ford dealer and tap your fingers sequentially on the roof as you sit in it and listen to the LOUD, as if on reverberation, Tapping sounds that make it to the cabin. RAIN does the same thing. It is a PAIN to try to enjoy the radio when its raining. It just makes me feel like I am in an auto that has been compromised in chincy ways. And, have you ever closed the door with a little slam and heard the window rocking around on the rails? I know, their drive train is done right, except for IRS. But the car probably lets you "feel/hear too much of the road" for everyday driving. Just my honest opinion.
Once the Z28 comes out (I hope)... it will be better than the Boss, but the Boss just is not as much of a car and looks too gawdy with all the TAPE saying LOOK AT ME, PLEASE. I know I should not have chimed in on this one... I have friends who have some HS buddies who have GT500, GT's, etc, and they just have that "lightness" feel in them and when they ask me how I like them, I have not been totally honest with them... cuz I didn't want to hurt thier feelings. Personally, I would NEVER buy one. I want overall quality, confidence my car is not going to start rattling in a couple years.

My brother has a 2004 Vette he has run the #*&T out of and I am amazed how it still has no rattles, squeeks, and is solid as a sledge hammer!!
htron50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 12:14 PM   #18
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
The Mustang has a much less rigid chassis (and probably less sound deadening from what your saying) and this allows it to be a lighter car. That being said those that complain about the weight of the Camaro don't realize this is the compromise for lightness.

Give me a more rigid chassis any day, but then again I'm not a quarter miler.
2cnd chance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2011, 09:38 PM   #19
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
If you own a Chevy product as listed under your avatar, why do you slam Chevy and a possible Z-28 product so much in your posts? Why all the condescending tone and negativitiy? That doesn't make any sense...
Where am I slamming Chevy? All I am saying is the Boss sets a pretty high bar as a track day car. They will have to be very serious to match this. And probably the ZL1 will spank the Boss at the Track. I wonder if the new Z28 will be built any time soon.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:47 PM   #20
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2cnd chance View Post
The Mustang has a much less rigid chassis (and probably less sound deadening from what your saying) and this allows it to be a lighter car. That being said those that complain about the weight of the Camaro don't realize this is the compromise for lightness.

Give me a more rigid chassis any day, but then again I'm not a quarter miler.
+1 on wanting the rigid chassis and agree with you on the Camaro having a more rigid one than the Mustang. But the Mustang is lighter I think because it is a smaller car. We can have lighter weight and a rigid chassis. Just have a look at the BMW 3 series. We however will not see a Z28 as light as the Boss if the Z28 is 5th gen based. Most likely the Z28 will be heavier than the SS.
Old 10-09-2011, 09:53 PM   #21
Fraxum

Quote:
Originally Posted by htron50 View Post
^ +3

The Mustang Boss is a good track car. Exceptional. But, just as the CTS-V would be to the ZL1 for comfort and luxury, The Boss would take you down to a "tin can" feel on the road when daily driven compared to a ZL1. That said, I submit for your review, to sit IN a Mustang at your local Ford dealer and tap your fingers sequentially on the roof as you sit in it and listen to the LOUD, as if on reverberation, Tapping sounds that make it to the cabin. RAIN does the same thing. It is a PAIN to try to enjoy the radio when its raining. It just makes me feel like I am in an auto that has been compromised in chincy ways. And, have you ever closed the door with a little slam and heard the window rocking around on the rails? I know, their drive train is done right, except for IRS. But the car probably lets you "feel/hear too much of the road" for everyday driving. Just my honest opinion.
Once the Z28 comes out (I hope)... it will be better than the Boss, but the Boss just is not as much of a car and looks too gawdy with all the TAPE saying LOOK AT ME, PLEASE. I know I should not have chimed in on this one... I have friends who have some HS buddies who have GT500, GT's, etc, and they just have that "lightness" feel in them and when they ask me how I like them, I have not been totally honest with them... cuz I didn't want to hurt thier feelings. Personally, I would NEVER buy one. I want overall quality, confidence my car is not going to start rattling in a couple years.

My brother has a 2004 Vette he has run the #*&T out of and I am amazed how it still has no rattles, squeeks, and is solid as a sledge hammer!!
+1 on the Camaro being quieter. But for a track oriented Z28 effective sound deadening is not high on the priority list. Track oriented cars are not for everyone.