Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Garage / Tools Discussions

Old 11-16-2011, 06:39 PM   #1
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS
Bikes vs Camaro

I don't want these two to fight because I know my Camaro will loose. What can I put between my kids bikes to protect my car if they fall over? I know a simple solution would be a shed, but in my situation that won't work. My kids would have to pass through 2 gates to get to the shed in the back yard. We have a fenced in yard for a pool and we let the dog out free. I just know one of them would forget to close the gate and Max would be free to roam! Notice I put duct tape on the ground. They are not allowed to put their bikes closer than that line. I thought of using 28" cones but the handle bars would still hit the car if the fell into the cones. I told them to be very careful and to give them an idea I told them that if the house was on fire I would move Priness out of the garage then go wake them up!
Attached Images

Maxspeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 06:46 PM   #2
Wantconvertible

Drives: 2011 SS/RS VERT
Your going to get tagged
Wantconvertible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2011, 07:12 PM   #3
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Old 11-16-2011, 07:19 PM   #4
Wild Bill NY

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange 2SS/RS
A mattress ! Lol...
Old 11-17-2011, 09:39 AM   #5
hunterv6
Always bet on Black

Drives: 2011 turbo LS, 2012 f 150,
office divider
Attached Images

<font color=#0066cc>http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=283263</font>
hunterv6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 10:57 AM   #6
djamphi555

Drives: Camaro 2010
How tall are the kids? Can you extend a hook from the garage ceiling and have them hook the front wheels of their bikes into it. Would never hit Princess unless the kids think it would be funny to swing the bikes.
djamphi555 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 11:50 AM   #7
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

My kids are 10 and 12. I think my son is 5'6 and my daughter 5'2. When I kept my Grand Prix in the garage they kept their bikes in front of the car and would take them in and out between mine and my wifes and as far as I know there has never been an issue. I am just being way proactive. An office divider may work.
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
TRANSITION FROM STOCK TO CAM VID
Old 11-23-2011, 12:34 PM   #8
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
. What can I put between my kids bikes to protect my car if they fall over?
The garage door...

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:40 PM   #9
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxspeed View Post
I don't want these two to fight because I know my Camaro will loose. What can I put between my kids bikes to protect my car if they fall over? I know a simple solution would be a shed, but in my situation that won't work. My kids would have to pass through 2 gates to get to the shed in the back yard. We have a fenced in yard for a pool and we let the dog out free. I just know one of them would forget to close the gate and Max would be free to roam! Notice I put duct tape on the ground. They are not allowed to put their bikes closer than that line. I thought of using 28" cones but the handle bars would still hit the car if the fell into the cones. I told them to be very careful and to give them an idea I told them that if the house was on fire I would move Priness out of the garage then go wake them up!
I don't like anything near mine, but I really don't have a choice since coming here. But before, even an earthquake wouldn't have done sh*t...unless the garage collasped.
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:41 PM   #10
CynAgain

Drives: Chevy
This is the reason our car is in storage instead of the garage. No snowblowers, bikes, motorcycles, or teenagers there.
CynAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2011, 12:52 PM   #11
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by CynAgain View Post
This is the reason our car is in storage instead of the garage. No snowblowers, bikes, motorcycles, or teenagers there.
We should go over there and get that black thing out and go for a spin today and tommorow!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:31 PM   #12
4thGen427CI
5th Gen

Drives: 10 SS
This on the other side of the garage.

4thGen427CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:35 PM   #13
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
The garage door...

I like that. I told my son that I was buying a new car and his bike would be left out side. He said "Dad, my bike will rust" I replied "Lets see, a scratch on my $40,000 dream car or rust on your $75 bike. Wanna guess which one I care less about"? He said "I know dad, lets leave Mom's van outside and we can leave our bikes in her side". Gotta love his logic!
Mods: Heritage Grill, Blade Spoiler, Corrado Hoodliner Mural, Premium Engine Boxes, Radiator Shroud, Custom Painted Bowties, Dipstick & Engine Caps, RX Catch Can, Corsa cat back exhaust, CAI black powder coat cold air, Apex cold air intake scoop and Apex washer tank relocate kit, Dynatech SuperMAXX Ceramic Coated LT Headers, High Flow Cats, JRE470 Rough Idle Cam Package, DSS 1,000 RWHP Axels, Slowhawk Mustang Dyno Tune, QTP QTEC 66 Low Profile Cutouts and iTSX. 453 RWHP 427 RWTQ

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE
Old 11-27-2011, 06:36 PM   #14
Maxspeed
~COTW 6/30/14~

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thGen427CI View Post
This on the other side of the garage.

I wish I could but on the other wall is the back side of our chimney and the door to our house.

WEB LINKS
BUILD
TIMING CHAIN FAILURE