Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 05-26-2014, 12:27 AM   #43
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertRS View Post
Hey, it's all good. No grudges here. Saw a nice looking 2014 1SS just today with 6 speed manual and dual mode exhaust near my Zip for 31 and change with 126 miles. Noone was there to answer the phone though. Maybe I'll get over it by tomorrow. But with this guy that's fixing to hand me some green Tuesday for a car I'm selling ,I'm just not sure what I'm capable of. Cars can be a helpless addiction. Maybe I should focus more time at the gym.
Well here is something crazy.
I am being told that I am making to much money and I should not drive my CAMARO to the customer for business.
Sad part is every vehicle I looked at this weekend was about $10-15K more that what the Camaro goes for.
$50K for one ugly Ford Explorer Sport and $46K for a Cadillac SRX both with a 3.6 L engine and 300+ HP.
Zero - 60 in approx 7 seconds.
Permagrin gone in less than 60 minutes with those POS CUV!
I liked the ZL1 and the convertible I looked at today.
To be honest if I drop $50K it might as well be the new Stingray!
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:31 AM   #44
RobertRS

Drives: 2014 2SS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowrs View Post
Well here is something crazy.
I am being told that I am making to much money and I should not drive my CAMARO to the customer for business.
Sad part is every vehicle I looked at this weekend was about $10-15K more that what the Camaro goes for.
$50K for one ugly Ford Explorer Sport and $46K for a Cadillac SRX both with a 3.6 L engine and 300+ HP.
Zero - 60 in approx 7 seconds.
Permagrin gone in less than 60 minutes with those POS CUV!
I liked the ZL1 and the convertible I looked at today.
To be honest if I drop $50K it might as well be the new Stingray!

Maybe I shouldn't be conversing with you. You're gonna' cost me more money.
RobertRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 12:40 AM   #45
yellowrs
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 SS 426 V8 M/T
Quote:
Maybe I shouldn't be conversing with you. You're gonna' cost me more money.
yellowrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 02:04 AM   #46
invaderzim

Drives: 45th SS, '12 ducati 1199 on order
Quote:
Originally Posted by rscheff3 View Post
This is an incredibly arrogant and misguided statement. Both of my cars have clutches in them because *gasp* I like clutches. It's not a hindrance, it's part of the driving experience for me. That feeling of a perfect downshift into a corner or a wide open throttle upshift from 3-4 is part of the magic of driving. I don't think it makes me special, I'm not a hipster, and it's puzzling to me that you feel like you have the perspective to judge anyone who has any preference other than your own.

If you want an automatic drive an automatic, but don't be a dick to and about everyone who likes something you don't like.

edit: oh and also I just finished watching the Coke 600 and unless I'm mistaken that was 43 professional drivers in one of the most lucrative professional sports leagues in the US driving 600 miles in cars that happen to have plain old manual transmissions with a clutch and everything.
Lol...
And another "lol" for NASCAR.....

I was away from this site for a year and all the "I can drive stick so I'm special" and "v6 owners that feel the need to justify their purchase to others" and "omg I can believe this one guy had the nerve to park next to my camaro" posts that I've seen in the past day alone have just reminded me why I tired of this...
invaderzim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:41 AM   #47
2ndtimess
2ndtimeSS

Drives: 2010 2SS 6 speed Infernal Orange
When I bought my 2SS M6 back in 2010 I negotiated with the dealer / salesman for over two weeks. My car was in the showroom also. At one point the salesman told me "you should put a deposit down because someone else may buy the car" I told him the only reason you are chasing me is because no one else is looking at the car because it is a stick" ( I had every intention of only buying a stick) When I said that the salesman put his head down and nodded, then we made the deal. I had a 2006 Corvette with the paddle shift did not come close to the feeling of driving a stick. I agree that in a few years we will not be able to buy a stick anymore and that will be sad because once you have a stick you feel engaged into the driving process and a paddle shift just is no replacement.
Old 05-26-2014, 05:57 AM   #48
el ess A
Older Than Dirt

Drives: 2010 & 2013 Camaros
We have both. In fact, the yellow car HAD to be an auto for the wife or it wasn't coming to the house. SO, KIDDOS, this is where the marriage compromise comes into play. I got to choose all the options on the car as long as it was gray interior and an auto. So be it...

and when I got the ZL1 vert...M6. Not even a hair's chance of an auto for that one.

I don't care one way or another, I personally like to choose the manual for a Camaro. Just feels right. But I have no problems just tossing it in D and cruising either. Get over it. Have fun with whichever makes you happy.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=26108&dateline=142898  4774
el ess A is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 06:00 AM   #49
jd10013

Drives: 2012 camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comrando View Post
Total cars or sports cars?
total cars
jd10013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:25 AM   #50
camguynj

Drives: '13 SS/RS LS3 BRM Cammed NPP
Quote:
Hey, everyone is entitled to an opinion. And just for the record , I'm no spring chicken either. I cut my teeth on manuals in the late 60's as a teenager. Learned to drive in my old man's new 67' GMC pickup when I was just twelve. I've had too many cars to list over the decades. They're all good and have their own place IMO. I like driving both. Sports cars included. I don't feel out of control when driving automatics. Frankly I haven't driven any of the new manual Camaros with the skip shift feature but plan to in the near future. May even have my sights set on either a SS,1LE,or ZL1 in a year or so. I'm in no hurry.
If you do get one you can install a skip shift eliminator for ~$25. It was the first mod I did when my car was a few days old. Now when the display appears telling me to shift from 1st to 4th I tell it to go F**K yourself.

http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...ator-8001.html
camguynj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:29 AM   #51
CamaroTom

Drives: 1/70 2013 BRM 2SS RS 1LE NPP NAV
There's a reason the Z/28 and 1LE only come in manual. They are so much more fun! My first car was a stick and I've had one in every car since.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:43 AM   #52
Sandor
Chevrolet Performance

Drives: Camaro Chroma
Manual = More Fun and control.

Sandor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 08:45 AM   #53
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by camguynj View Post
If you do get one you can install a skip shift eliminator for ~$25. It was the first mod I did when my car was a few days old. Now when the display appears telling me to shift from 1st to 4th I tell it to go F**K yourself.

http://www.apex-speed.com/apex-motor...ator-8001.html
Yea, I've read about that harness since becoming a member here. Nice little device. Thing is though ,it sorta chaps my azz how GM and likely other manufacturers incorporate these little nanny devices like 'skip shift' to protect their precious drivetrain warranties in the first place....or insert your own reason. Then it becomes another item that I need to remove before having any tranny or driveline issues that may pop up ,serviced under warranty or else it jeopardizes said warranty. Especially if you discuss it on a public forum where GM reps hang out. Of course I guess you gotta do what you gotta do. Then you go the other route with automatic and you have to sidestep the AFM and tranny torque management program if you want to dodge the nannies. Don't even get me started on the gas guzzler tax. Anyhoo , rant over and out...
Old 05-26-2014, 08:50 AM   #54
RobertRS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandor View Post
Manual = More Fun and control.

While I like leather and all, I wish they did a little deeper thought through tailoring work on the shifter boot...instead of just wadding it all up and then "here ya' go".. Hope you didn't take that personal as it was not my intention.
Old 05-26-2014, 08:57 AM   #55
ratfinkharley

Drives: 15 JKU, 00 S10, 73 Vette, 12 JK
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
Lol...

I was away from this site for a year and all the "I can drive stick so I'm special" and "v6 owners that feel the need to justify their purchase to others" and "omg I can believe this one guy had the nerve to park next to my camaro" posts that I've seen in the past day alone have just reminded me why I tired of this...
You left out plasti dip, what did you do to your camaro today and what songs does your camaro listen to.

Anyone up for a DD vs garage queen debate?

RotoFab CAI - VMaxx Ported TB - Apex Catch Can - CFD Shifter - Choppers Inc Loaded Dice Shift Knob
ratfinkharley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 09:07 AM   #56
rscheff3

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS, 97 Wrangler Sport
Quote:
Originally Posted by invaderzim View Post
Lol...
So you're a jerk to and about anyone who disagrees with you, then when you get called on being a jerk you respond "lol"?

Also you're categorically wrong in your claim that professional drivers don't drive stick and when it's brought to your attention that you're just dead wrong you "lol" at the second most watched sport in America which happens to be far and away the most watched car sport.

Since we're on an American car forum (that happens to represent one of the models of car the Nationwide series runs - also in stick and one of the manufacturers that runs Sprint Cup) that seems weird.

Are you a troll or just an odd combination of obnoxious and not too bright?
rscheff3 is offline   Reply With Quote