Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 10-07-2009, 08:29 AM   #1
butterfingers

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro 2LT/RS
Order on hold ???????

NKRDXC
2G1FC1EV3A9151829
butterfingers
On Hold TRUCK
10/5/2009

Need Help!

okay, I'm so confused. Monday, it said "Ready to ship" "Rail" now it states "Hold" "Truck"

I called my dealer and he says it dropped out of his system. huh? what the heck does that mean? He said he was going to make some calls and find out what happened.

Does anybody know why this could have happened? and how long it can be on hold?

The other thing, is that my window sticker is now NOT pulling up as it did before.
butterfingers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 10:04 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Drives: '20 Corvette Stingray
When it FIRST went into "Ready to Ship" was it by TRUCK, then in a few days went to RAIL. or did it go straight to RAIL from the begining? and does your car have Rally Stripes?
Old 10-07-2009, 11:10 AM   #3
CloudXTC

Drives: 1LT|RS|SIM|M6|BA Stereo
ive seen this before... it just vanished for a bit off the radar... i think it means its waiting at the yard for a full truck for to be shipped to your dealer/area... since they wont put 1 car on a truck to your dealer.

1LT | RS | M6 | SIM | BA Stereo
1000 - [07-23-2009] Order Made at dealer
1100 - [08-04-2009] Preliminary order accepted
2000 - [08-25-2009] Accepted by GM
3000 - [09-01-2009] Accepted by production control TPW = 10-05-2009
3300 - [09-28-2009] Scheduled for production
3400 - [10-01-2009] Broadcast - Being Built
3800 - [10-13-2009] Produced - Built- VIN 2G1xxx54917
4200 - [10-19-2009] Shipped
5000 - [10-19-2009] Delivered to the dealer
6000 - [10-20-2009] Delivered to the customer

CloudXTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2009, 01:46 PM   #4
butterfingers

It was first rail and then went to truck. I did order stripes. I sure hope it doesn't take long.
Old 10-07-2009, 03:52 PM   #5
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

Quote:
Originally Posted by butterfingers View Post
It was first rail and then went to truck. I did order stripes. I sure hope it doesn't take long.
without more info, like your TPW date, I am at a loss. just how long has it been since it came off the line?

I just looked up your car. You just got your vin, and you just put it into the tracking thread, right? since your car is getting rally stripes, it first went by TRUCK to the striping facility, stripe it, bring it back (takes about a week total), then they will load it on a rail car, once the rail car if full with cars going your way, it will leave. typically and on average, from the time your car is built, till it gets to you, is about a month. SO, if I am right, you have about another two to three weeks wait. That is my educated guess. I went through this not long ago my self.

Last edited by Sir Nuke; 10-07-2009 at 04:04 PM.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2009, 02:48 PM   #6
butterfingers

The worst part about being on hold

The worst part is .. not knowing why and how long. Its agony to the 10th power.
Old 10-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #7
SWHCPA
Snow White can be naughty

Drives: '10 Camaro/'67 Mustang
Send a message via AIM to SWHCPA Send a message via Yahoo to SWHCPA Send a message via Skype™ to SWHCPA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
without more info, like your TPW date, I am at a loss. just how long has it been since it came off the line?

I just looked up your car. You just got your vin, and you just put it into the tracking thread, right? since your car is getting rally stripes, it first went by TRUCK to the striping facility, stripe it, bring it back (takes about a week total), then they will load it on a rail car, once the rail car if full with cars going your way, it will leave. typically and on average, from the time your car is built, till it gets to you, is about a month. SO, if I am right, you have about another two to three weeks wait. That is my educated guess. I went through this not long ago my self.
OK - found your car on Camaro.SpasticSquirrel.com. You're getting stripes. That adds about a week to the time between 3800 and 4200. Looks like the system found your car at 3800 around 10.1.09. That means that if all goes well, it should be back to the plant around 10.8 (or 9).09. After that, it will wait for a full railcar going to OKC. I know that sounds funny, but your area is principally served by the rail depot outside OKC and not the one in Arlington. Fortunately, you shouldn't have to wait long for a full railcar to be built and your car to start moving.

Guys, it looks like the default after 3800 is "Rail". Then if there is a striping package to be put on, then the status shifts to truck for staging to be sent to the striping contractor and back, then back to a "Rail" status for staging for a full railcar going to the depot that serves that dealer. Remember also, that Oshawa is a dual line plant with both Camaros and Impalas being built, so a full railcar can be mixed product; but, is still dependent on the product demand going to that specific depot. Best I can tell, the status will stay at 4B00 during this entire process until the railcar leaves the plant.

Patience, Grasshopper. Patience.

Last edited by SWHCPA; 10-08-2009 at 04:05 PM. Reason: more research on butterfinger's car
SWHCPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 08:14 AM   #8
butterfingers

Quote:
Originally Posted by SWHCPA View Post
OK - found your car on Camaro.SpasticSquirrel.com. You're getting stripes. That adds about a week to the time between 3800 and 4200. Looks like the system found your car at 3800 around 10.1.09. That means that if all goes well, it should be back to the plant around 10.8 (or 9).09. After that, it will wait for a full railcar going to OKC. I know that sounds funny, but your area is principally served by the rail depot outside OKC and not the one in Arlington. Fortunately, you shouldn't have to wait long for a full railcar to be built and your car to start moving.

Guys, it looks like the default after 3800 is "Rail". Then if there is a striping package to be put on, then the status shifts to truck for staging to be sent to the striping contractor and back, then back to a "Rail" status for staging for a full railcar going to the depot that serves that dealer. Remember also, that Oshawa is a dual line plant with both Camaros and Impalas being built, so a full railcar can be mixed product; but, is still dependent on the product demand going to that specific depot. Best I can tell, the status will stay at 4B00 during this entire process until the railcar leaves the plant.

Patience, Grasshopper. Patience.
I was under the impression that all stripping was done at the plant. I sure hope todays update puts me from HOLD to Ready To Ship.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:34 AM   #9
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

although the rally stripes are no longer done at the dealers, the striping facility is down the raod a bit and then the cars are brought back to teh railyard for final shipment.
Old 10-09-2009, 09:45 AM   #10
camarodad

Drives: camaro
I would guess you should have it within the month or so.
camarodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 11:29 AM   #11
butterfingers

What is strange, is that in this day and age of computers, why can't my dealership call with my vin# and pinpoint where in the process the car is. I'm sure there is a database somewhere. The other thing that worries me is that it fell off the order system per my salesman and that I can't even pull up my window sticker like I did before. :( :(
Old 10-09-2009, 02:31 PM   #12
CamaroTex

Drives: IBM 2SS/RS
Hello, Butterfingers,
My car is from the same dealer (I saw you on Spastic Squirrel). I am getting the IBM 2SS/RS that is listed right under yours. I don't know why, but my window sticker has never once come up, which made me worry a little. But the car has been moving steadily forward on a train for the past 11 days or so, and is now in Oklahoma City. So maybe the window sticker is not too big of a deal. Good luck with popping back up in the system (hopefully very soon!).
CamaroTex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
butterfingers

I sure hope that it's nothing serious. I just hate not knowing. There is one guy who is still on hold from July and another from Aug. Ug. The not knowing why is worse than the wait.
Old 10-10-2009, 01:29 PM   #14
butterfingers

The pain ..... The suffering ...