Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 03-08-2014, 09:39 AM   #1
southview

Drives: 08 tahoe, 50 merc
FASTLANE of TEXAS. NEED ADVICE.LOOKING TO BUY A MODDED CAMARO

thinking of buying a used modded car. Work was done by FASTLANE in Texas. Can't find a lot of reviews. Car only has 1K miles since mods and it does include a cam change. Probably can get it for the cost of a non modded Camaro. Need real feed back! I had a corvette and everybody said how great a company was on the vette forum and everyone recommended them. Took my car there and they charged more than was quoted and the car blew up on the way home! I posted about it and stared getting pm's from all kinds of people that had problems with this company but nobody wanted to be the first to call them out. Don't want to be in the same situation. I am 15 hours away from them and can't just take a day to drive over for them to adjust or fix a problem. Let me know guys even it is a pm!
southview is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 05:38 PM   #2
southview

212 views and no responses. Kinda have me worried
Old 03-13-2014, 01:52 PM   #3
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Is this a turbo camaro? If so, that dealer had a bunch of A-holes that didnt get me a response last yr when i wanted to buy. If its same one then its been on the market for a verrrrrry long time

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 01:58 PM   #4
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Think about it.
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2014, 06:45 PM   #5
southview

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhagen View Post
Screw me once shame on you, screw me twice shame on me. Think about it.
don't understand. pm me
Old 03-14-2014, 06:46 AM   #6
sykb47l

Drives: 73' VW Bug
The info in your first post. Like the car you had trouble with was from Fastlane. If thats the case then you already have feedback.

So fool me once.....
Old 03-28-2014, 04:31 PM   #7
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
WEll if you really had a issue with them I know nick would of taken care of it,post the sales receipts from there to show proof,and I will call the owner,as I have known him for 15 yrs,and he has built a hand full of cars for me without any issue.....But There is not a shop on the planet that has never had a come back or some issue with a build..
Post copy's of the emails back and forth between you guys,as there is no way that anyone would not email a shop that they are having work done on their vett,good bad,or even just fishing for a estimate....do you know why its called a estimate ? because the price might be more or less,when it comes to having this type of work performed, issues always come up,sometimes it benefits the customer,sometimes it doesn't ..
When did this happen ? If it did happen i just fine it hard to believe that and good tuner shop would not stand behind his work...I am sure there are lot of people that can say something bad about every-shop on the forum if you ask enough people...
Anyway I just hope your starting crap,as I hate to think he would not stand by his work....good luck with whatever your trying to do,but by coming out trying to call someone out,while asking for help buying a car is the wrong way to go about it...
Old 03-28-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
jrhagen
Banned

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by sykb47l View Post
The info in your first post. Like the car you had trouble with was from Fastlane. If thats the case then you already have feedback.

So fool me once.....
exactly
jrhagen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2014, 06:41 PM   #9
southview

the vette was done by someone on the east coast in New Jersey. NOT FASTLANE. I was asking for opinions on Fastlane as I have not heard a lot about them. Sorry if I was not clear enough.
Old 03-30-2014, 06:55 PM   #10
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
Post something in the Texas Forum. I was going to buy there intake but didn't. can u post sell thread?