Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-20-2017, 10:55 AM   #533
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox9350 View Post
Does it concern the camaro owners here, even a little, that the 2018 mustang GT which has been out a matter of weeks and is in the hands of almost no one is already posting hero runs at or near the very best of the current camaro? How about the trap speeds we’re seeing which hover close to 120mph? When I look at the hero list of camaro here I see trap speeds at 114, 115, 116 mph. And that is a car in the hands of public a couple years.....just wait until the public has these (almost no one has one yet, look at the orders page on mustang6g)....probably won’t be until spring next year when we see avg Joes breaking into 11s at 120. As of now I’ve seen 3 YouTube’s with claims of bone stock Down to the tire (NOT DRAG RADIALS) trapping at almost 120 with the worst run 12.0x and Evans hero runs in the deep 11.8x. If you’re not concerned from a fanboy bench racing standpoint based on all that, you should be.

I’ve seen “ it’s a ringer” , “the track was rented”, “he ripped out the seats” , “drag radials”.....only true claim was track rental for Evan, rest fanboy bs. Others did on public track nights......The 2018 GT is a faster car in a straight line than the SS. Denial isn’t a river in Egypt.
Troll much?

Am I concerned? No. Not me personally. Some here might be. Now Mustang has caught up...that's the way it goes.

Congratulations on catching up to the Camaro. You know where else it has caught up and even surpassed in some ways to the Camaro?

Price.

2019 model year is coming soon, and the Camaro gets the A10 (extremely likey) which, if anything, gives Camaro the advantage again (since it has the TQ and weight advantage already). If there does happen to be a power bump (doubtful) will your world fall apart?

This is just plain silly.
Old 12-20-2017, 10:57 AM   #534
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
These cars appear to be as close in 1/4 mile performance as any 2 cars I have ever seen. Either camp claiming victory is a stretch.
I agree. I think so far the evidence points to just that on the A10 v A8. I think we will see a larger gap for M6 cars, and its something to look forward to for sure!
Old 12-20-2017, 10:59 AM   #535
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Poppacapp View Post
Its all fun either way. The back and forth makes it worth logging into the forums and having something to keep us interested.

I think we will see more high 11sec slips once more cars hit the streets. I assume many will start to populate the m6g fastlist and fb lists... so we will see those.

The good thing is that the 6gen, Mustang, and Mopars are closely matched cars now and that makes it better for all of us(with the exception of Mopar owners because we all know they can't keep up once mods start )
They definitely wont stay stock for long.... Slow cars are fun... way more of them and way more competitive!
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:00 AM   #536
Spartan268

Drives: HB 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
In the scheme of the segment, the Mustang is most certainly fast now. Most certainly a drivers race. SS drivers better watch out, it is no longer an easy victory and if you dont launch right you may lose.

That's great for all the reasons you mentioned, but what it is not is 'impressive'.

In the end of the day, its a lot of hypocritical bench racing. Thats all this thread is about. I dont know a single person that even owns an '18, so what the hell are we even talking about you know?
Let's just end the thread with this and call it a day until we get proper data. Too much ricer math and magazine racing going on.
Spartan268 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:03 AM   #537
jmackisback

Drives: 2019 Camaro ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
Is variations of this the only thing you know how to post?
Take it easy there bud.

You've noticed, yet trolls continue their rhetoric.

Interesting.

1987 Camaro V6
1988 Camaro IROC Z
1993 Camaro Z28
1999 Camaro SS
2017 Camaro SS
jmackisback is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 11:50 AM   #538
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Let's just end the thread with this and call it a day until we get proper data. Too much ricer math and magazine racing going on.
Amen man!
Old 12-20-2017, 12:13 PM   #539
hotlap

Drives: 20 1LE 2SS M6 Rally Green
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan268 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ST1LE View Post
Amen man!
Amen, amen

"the trouble with our liberal friends is not that they're ignorant; it's just that they know so much that isn't so.”
Ronald Reagan -
hotlap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:32 PM   #540
shaffe

Drives: 21 Bronco
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post

LOL, I was one of them. And I still stand by my comments...which were all based on independent magazine testing of both cars same day same track. I still think the GT will do a mid 12. Which is a good jump from the high 12/low 13 the 15-17s did. So we'll have to see what it does. Eating crow tho, lol!! Nah. Even if it does beat the SS, which I doubt, it still has more hp and weighs less...and it will be a driver's race which I say is any run within 2 tenths.

Ford did get caught out there. And that is the truth. But Ford caught the ZL1 with their pants down for the 13-14 MY with the GT500. GM tried to beat the then-current GT500 by a handful of HP. But Ford turned the tables and upped the 13 to 663 which put it way ahead of even the then-current ZR1. And the GT500 beat the ZL1 of that year by a significant amount. Plus from 11-14 the GT was beating the SS. It was a driver's race but it still tested faster. And the Boss 302 was ahead of the Z28 from what I can remember. And then Ford in 15 further did damage with the GT350 and GT350R. Although it was short lived. Question, do I still sound like a fanboy? See I call it how it is. The Camaros were getting trounced during that time. Every time they had what looked like a sure win Ford came up and snatched it from them. Again, do I sound like a Camaro fanboy now? But for the past 2 MYs the Mustang has been getting beaten soundly. For 18 I think the Camaro will still have the advantage. But, am I impressed with the 18? No. Because Ford should have kept moving forward. They ended the S197 ahead of the game, then stayed in the same performance area into the S550 body, and got smacked. You can't do that in the car game and they hopefully learned that. So again, I am not impressed when the 18's performance specs should have been the 15's specs.
Not when you word it like, you don't sound like a fanboy lol. I think we both agree GM caught Ford off guard. I don't know about you, I totally didn't expect the alpha Camaro to be as good as it is. I expected better than Gen 5 but I didn't see it being as good as it is. I think that's what happened to ford and I think why they put a lot into this refresh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Thank you sir for that fair and balanced post.
I try, sure I might occasionally say something to stir the pot or poke the bear but for the most part in threads like this I try to balance on both sides lol
it has more power...its available power is like a set kof double Ds (no matter where your face is... theyre everywhere) it has the suspension to mame it matter...(
shaffe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:35 PM   #541
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
1st recall just issued for the 18 GT's
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 01:36 PM   #542
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
So talking about racing is "bench racing"...and I should be ashamed because I like to talk about racing? LOL, that's hilarious. Well at least I go to the track and post my times...ALL my times. ...
Why don't you post your best times from the badass cars you currently own? I really don't need all your times....

Got any vids of the street racing you do?

What do you think bench racing means?

https://www.urbandictionary.com/defi...bench%20racing

^That pretty much covers how I see it.

Did you come from the Honduh community????

Old 12-20-2017, 02:28 PM   #543
ST1LE

Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post
Why don't you post your best times from the badass cars you currently own? I really don't need all your times....

Thanks dude, just when it looked like things were on the up and up.
Old 12-20-2017, 02:29 PM   #544
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by islander033 View Post

Why don't you post the best recent times from the car you currently own. Go on over to the drag racing section and you'll see my slips. As far as racing videos, I won't post anything against forum rules. And again, should I be ashamed that I like to bench race? LOL!! Fake as hell...you Mustang guys love to call people out about racing just for some of you to not be able to prove you even own a car. And Honda? LOL! If I had one I could rice it out and make it faster than a GT for sure. Shit like I'd be ashamed of owning a Honda, lol!!
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 02:49 PM   #545
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheReaper View Post
Some of this makes a lot of sense.
Right so when I say something that favors the GT then you guys agree and it makes sense. When I and the rest of us say that the GT was faster for 4 MYs (11-14) then that is all correct and it makes sense. But when we say that the GT was slower from 15-17 then you guys argue. When I posted factual information about all the issues that plagued the S550 then none of that was legit. And when we express doubts that the 18 will be faster then we're all fanboys and bench racers and crying and panicking and scared. Is that right? Because it sounds like you guys should really be on a Mustang forum. Oh wait, you all are. Well this here ain't a Mustang forum and it won't be one no matter how many trolls swing over here.

There is nothing the 18 GT is doing or can do that will impress me. It would have impressed me in 2015. But not now. And that is even if it does manage to beat the SS (which it won't). The fact that swarms of trolls are coming over here trying to tell us how impressive they think the GT is just proves how desperate they needed this upgrade. Now what would impress me would be it any Mustang was on the level of the ZL1. But they are not nor will they be until the GT500 comes out and who knows when that will be. And by the time that happens this level of performance will be old news too, lol!! They'd have to put it in the low bottom 11s high 10s, have it handle on par with the ZL1 1LE, come in at $70K or less, offer crazy options, and throw an auto trans in it by the time it comes out just to be impressive. So no matter how long this thread goes on and how many people come over here and how many tuners and testers do this or that, it isn't gonna impress me because it should have been done years ago.
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2017, 03:06 PM   #546
AJL13

Drives: 2017 Camaro RS
I don't really have much to add here, other than it's important to remember that in the spirit of competition between two manufacturers to build the better mousetrap, the consumer always wins. ALWAYS. This is good for both Mustang and Camaro owners alike; we're getting better and better products to choose from for relatively the same cost.
AJL13 is offline   Reply With Quote