Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 6th gen Camaro vs...

BeckyD @ James Martin Chevy

Old 12-21-2017, 03:28 PM   #701
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Still beating this horse I see.............

DA just about everywhere is awesome. Now and the months to come will be when a ton of people run better times then before. People comparing times that are run through the year when DA is much higher to what the 18's are running right now in amazing weather.

With that said... I know alot of the FORD FAN based guys are hanging on to the 1 run made by EVAN with his FORD DELIVERED 18 while most of the others running 18's are running 12.0-12.5 and trapping 114-119 in this brisk time of year...

Reality.... this time of year is when the A8 guys run their better times too. 11.9-12.2's and trap 113-119 as well. Not in GM delivered cars either.

Time and weather will show us how well the 18 does compared to the 6th gen. through the year and higher DA. What you will more then likely see is 12.3-12.6@113-116 on average stock. You will see that the 18 did not better the SCAT or 6th gen it just caught up.

As I said before there are already videos out of 18's racing 6th gens. The races can go either way.

Edmunds deal should have been AUTO to AUTO for it to be fair. Most M6's I have seen are slower at the track stock vs stock to the A8 and usually mph 1-3 mph slower depending on the drivers skills.

SIDENOTE: one of the reasons FORD mustang out sold the camaro and trans am back in the late 90's and early 2000's was because they flooded the rental car market with them. Ford guys back in the myself included were pissed that ford put out such weak shit aka the 2v and 4v.......ford reply "We dont have to make the cars fast because they still sell".
GFORCE DRIVESHAFT,LME 174 T-STAT,ATI UDP up next...
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:30 PM   #702
kttxz06

Drives: '18 Zl1. '18 GT350.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpeedIsLife View Post
You all who are saying that the Mustang is “brand new” and comparing it against “a three year old platform”..

You are aware it’s still a S550 (6th Gen) Mustang, right? It’s not all new, it’s not on a new platform, it’s not a new generation..it’s the same car just with a new variant of the 5.0 and a new automatic transmission. This is more akin to the 2014 Camaro refresh than anything else, except unlike GM they actually improved the power to help close a performance gap.
True, but the upgrades from last gen to this gen are huge compared to the Gen 5 to the Gen 6 I believe. Plus, it trumps everything with having the A10 now so. Having that alone should put it leaps and bounds ahead and it doesn't so. That's why to me.............it's a fail. Well, somewhat of a fail.

Plus, fanboys have been waiting on this new GT for a while just holding their breath, praying, believing it was a game changer. And, again. It isn't. It's basically a refresh that didn't move the needle much. If any.

And that wasn't what the fanboys were wanting. They were thinking Ford was making an all new, revolutionary GT. And guess what? Failed again. Yes, it might, depending on driver mode squeak out a SS. Bravo. They get a golf clap. Well, Chevy is one year away from dropping the refresh. If they add even the slightest HP bump, it's over just as quick as it started for the new Mustang.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #703
Zodiac
Sarcasm Personified

Drives: 2017 Charger R/T Scat Pack
So the takeaway is both cars are upper 12's stock? Camaro SS and Mustang GT both 12.6+ cars. Fast lists on both forums have been invalidated.
Zodiac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:40 PM   #704
grampa_ss

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grampa_ss View Post

And the difference between an aggressive shifting transmission and soft could easily be the difference between a 10.99 and 11.39.

Basically, the firmness of the 1-2 shift far outweighs and chirping of the tires.
you're missing my whole point. Nowhere did I say shift firmness is bad.

I said "drag mode must really be meant for DR's. If your tires are chirping, you're not getting 100% traction".

Drag mode is so aggressive, you should have DR's. That was my point.
Old 12-21-2017, 03:46 PM   #705
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
With that said... I know alot of the FORD FAN based guys are hanging on to the 1 run made by EVAN with his FORD DELIVERED 18.
didnt Evan state the car was not provided by Ford?
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
Plus, it trumps everything with having the A10 now so. Having that alone should put it leaps and bounds ahead and it doesn't so. That's why to me.............it's a fail. Well, somewhat of a fail.
What evidence is there that the A10 provides a substantial increase in performance? It did little if anything for the F150. has it been put in any vehicle that shows a gain from that alone?
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:47 PM   #706
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by kttxz06 View Post
True, but the upgrades from last gen to this gen are huge compared to the Gen 5 to the Gen 6 I believe. Plus, it trumps everything with having the A10 now so. Having that alone should put it leaps and bounds ahead and it doesn't so. That's why to me.............it's a fail. Well, somewhat of a fail.

Plus, fanboys have been waiting on this new GT for a while just holding their breath, praying, believing it was a game changer. And, again. It isn't. It's basically a refresh that didn't move the needle much. If any.

And that wasn't what the fanboys were wanting. They were thinking Ford was making an all new, revolutionary GT. And guess what? Failed again. Yes, it might, depending on driver mode squeak out a SS. Bravo. They get a golf clap. Well, Chevy is one year away from dropping the refresh. If they add even the slightest HP bump, it's over just as quick as it started for the new Mustang.
Honestly, I don't know where you're getting your information. No one...and I mean no one thought this mid year re-fresh was going to be a game changer. It was a mid-year re-fresh after all. Everyone's hopes (or expectations) was that the upgrades would be enough to make it more competitive with the camaro...which it did.

This is basically the same chassis with some minor (or new in the case of magneride) suspension bits and a new DI engine and better 10 speed transmission that allows the coyote to stay in it's powerband.

The biggest thing I have noticed more than anything this thread is camaro people (who seem to desperately need to have the faster) car dismissing valid 1/4 mile times. The Ford guys aren't saying anything about the mustang being faster...only that (so far) the 1/4 mile times being laid down are absolutely comparable to the camaro.

Excuses so far:

Rented dragstrip
Cars must be stripped/not stock
Mustang drivers are pro drivers
Not all mustangs are capable..need special models
Auto transmissions cant chirp 1-2 shift...again, not stock.
Ford provided altered mustangs
Etc.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:54 PM   #707
FastCarFanBoy
Banned

Drives: 2013 GB GT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan J. Smith View Post
Here's a few facts: Ford test cars do not come directly from Ford. They are maintained and delivered by a service that deals with the media.
Evan
From Evans post
FastCarFanBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 03:58 PM   #708
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by TEEZYSS View Post
Talk about history repeating itself... Ford claiming before the car was released sub 4.0 0-60 yet not releasing any videos of said 0-60's showing anything.

Then BAM they come out with a ton of people running 12.3's which is not sub 4.0!!!

Now history!!! In 99 the Cobra was revamped with 320HP and was gonna stop the LS. People bought up the cars and found quickly they were no faster then the previous models. After quite a few dynoed the cars Ford quickly put a performance recall on them where they received a ported stock intake, bigger exhaust and ecu reflash.

Yes I was around and saw the pallets that showed up to the dealership.

So is it so hard to believe that ford made all these claims....11.8@118 stock and sub 4.0 0-60... then release the car and people are clicking 12.3's which is 4.2-4.3 0-60's.

Then they give the editor of a MMFF mag a car not from a local dealer or not someone else car. But a car they sent him to test and BAM!!! Faster then any other stock 18 by a lot. Better 60FT, higher 1/8 mph and all done in a heavier car on street tires... Not like he was slipping a clutch or beating gears

Ya I couldn't see that happen either.
Great point, I completely forgot about how the new Cobra was going to kill the LS1.... NOT

Just like the Buick 455 released for testing about .5 faster than any other stage 1. GNX same way. Don't forget about the SVT 5.4 beating the Vetter and then all of a sudden we find that the "testers" drop the tire pressure on the Vette, next test the SVT gets spanked.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:11 PM   #709
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSfriendly View Post
That's because he rejects everything that doesn't fit his narrative. Remember, the mustang is a mid 12 second car at best.
I'm surprised that you of all people are still showing your face around here seeing as how all the shit you talked just blew up in your face. Need some salt for all those words you're eating now? LOL!! From the start I said this would happen in a H2H tested by a magazine. And just like now you tried twisting everything I said in some weird way just like you spent an entire day or so trying to spin the word "afford" and twist it to your meaning. I called it, you sat here arguing and arguing, and look what happened. And what pisses you off even more is that you wanted to throw it in all our faces if the GT beat the SS and you can't even do that because the A10 couldn't beat the M6. So what will happen when they test the A8 against the A10? LOL!! Do yourself a favor, before making yourself look worse than you already do, learn some humility. You'll have a lot less words to eat if you do ok mid 12s??
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:18 PM   #710
SSfriendly
Banned

Drives: Looking
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlaqWhole View Post
I'm surprised that you of all people are still showing your face around here seeing as how all the shit you talked just blew up in your face. Need some salt for all those words you're eating now? LOL!! From the start I said this would happen in a H2H tested by a magazine. And just like now you tried twisting everything I said in some weird way just like you spent an entire day or so trying to spin the word "afford" and twist it to your meaning. I called it, you sat here arguing and arguing, and look what happened. And what pisses you off even more is that you wanted to throw it in all our faces if the GT beat the SS and you can't even do that because the A10 couldn't beat the M6. So what will happen when they test the A8 against the A10? LOL!! Do yourself a favor, before making yourself look worse than you already do, learn some humility. You'll have a lot less words to eat if you do ok mid 12s??
Just like you "knew" that Evan Smith removed the swaybar and seats?

Too funny.

Coming from one of the slowest ZL1 drivers, that means a lot. Cheers.
SSfriendly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:23 PM   #711
BlaqWhole
Account Suspended

Drives: 2017 Camaro ZL1 A10
The whole tires argument just shows how bitter these guys are. If tires are to blame then way back when y'all (I'm lookin at you SS Friendly) started talking about what the GT would do you would have mentioned tires back then. In fact in one of my earliest posts on this subject I was the one who said the GT would get dumbed down because Ford would either give it weak suspension components or shitty tires. Yet you guys argued against that. And now that your plans to do a victory lap on here got foiled you all wanna bring up...tires, lol!! So all this time not one of you thought that tires on both cars might play a role in the GT coming in slower. If you did then it would have been a reason. Bringing it up now makes it an excuse. And you guys are full of excuses.

And remember when I said there was no way Ford would build a GT to outperform a higher up model in the same MY? Yet you guys talked on and on about how Ford doesn't care and Shelby owners care more about the experience of owning a GT350 and performance doesn't matter and all the typical nonsense in the world. So guess what. WRONG again! It does not handle anywhere close to even the non-R GT350, it is not faster in a straight line...yet that price is awfully close. The more and more time goes on the more and more this S550 seems like a loss. Quite honest, after all this, I'm starting to doubt that the GT500 is going to beat the ZL1s considering they don't get the auto trans. But we'll do that dance later. For now I'm just enjoying all the excuses and BS from the butthurt little trolls.
Quote:

Too funny.

You're trying soo hard...
BlaqWhole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:29 PM   #712
oldman

Drives: SS 6 speed of course
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bhobbs View Post
The Mustang makes more power, so all that shows is the 5.0 isn’t making much power down low.

The LT1 makes the torque to get the SS off the line and through the traps quicker. That shouldn’t be a surprise.

I'm going to show my age, back in the day I had as a DD a 440 dart, purple shaft 292 cam, fender well headers, Dana 4.10s (wanted 3.54) and I think G60 on widen police wheels. Many of my buds had 396s from mild to wild, usually with 4.10 to 4.88 and N50s. The Chevy BB made more HP period. Given a no-bog launch a 396 in a Nova with N50s was clearly superior to a 440 dart. Now 9 /10 I could still win in any throw down. I knew that I just had to ease it out of the hole and let the torque do the work. The 440's flat torque curve was just much easier to launch and to consistently launch. The 396 guys it was bog or blow the tires away. Same excuse time and time again. IMO, I don't own a Mustang, on street tires on the street, the patient driver with the flatter torque curve is going to win 9 out of 10 times. The flat torque curve just is far more forgiving. Nutshell, us plebs on the street are better off with an A8 SS which is 99.9% of were we live and play..

For me, my kid is tossing aroung a V6 1le VS the ecoboost with PP. He mainly does autox. So I really don't have a dog in the fight.
Forged short block, large duration sub .600 lift Cam Motion cam, 7200 RPM fuel cut, Pray Ported Heads, 3.85 pulley D1X, stage II intercooler, DSX secondary low side, DSX E85 sensor, Lingenfelter big bore 2.0 pump, ported front cats, 60608 Borla, LT4 injectors, ZL1 1LE driveshaft and Katech ported TB, ported MSD intake, BTR valvetrain, ARP studs, ProFlow valves, PS4 tires.
oldman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 04:30 PM   #713
islander033
SLOBRA1

Drives: GT500/Cruze/DMax/Cobra
Quote:

Too funny.

LOL

Hasn't A10 ZL1 been high 10s stock now, or is that just an internet thing?

1 second off the pace is pretty good no?
Old 12-21-2017, 04:33 PM   #714
TEEZYSS

Drives: 2016 CAMARO 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by FastCarFanBoy View Post
didnt Evan state the car was not provided by Ford??
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan J. Smith View Post

Here's a few facts:

Ford test cars do not come directly from Ford. They are maintained and delivered by a service that deals with the media.

they are not off the lot cars!

Last edited by TEEZYSS; 12-21-2017 at 04:48 PM.
TEEZYSS is offline   Reply With Quote