Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetics and Lighting Modification Discussions

Old 02-22-2011, 01:19 PM   #1
gl2filmerguy

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro SS/RS
Halo LED

I have searched for a VERY long time, and PM'ed people, but cannot get a answer. I'm looking to replace the LED in my halo with a bluish white color, to get rid of the yellowish of the stock halo look. trouble is, I CANNOT find the size or where to get the LEDs from. I have seen pictures of people doing this, but I never heard what size or whatever LED is needed. Can someone PLEASE help???
gl2filmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
cody.freeman1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6

Here is the White/Blue Headlight and Foglight halo option from AAC. If you want LED halos then AAC is the place to get them.
They come with great instructions and I installed these alone, you just need to take the bumper off and have an oven nearby. Check my album if you want to see more pictures of the halos at different angles.
cody.freeman1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #3
gl2filmerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by cody.freeman1 View Post

Here is the White/Blue Headlight and Foglight halo option from AAC. If you want LED halos then AAC is the place to get them.
They come with great instructions and I installed these alone, you just need to take the bumper off and have an oven nearby. Check my album if you want to see more pictures of the halos at different angles.
Yeah I know about AAC, I just am not a fan of the multiple LEDs in the halo, thanks for the suggestion.
Old 02-22-2011, 05:15 PM   #4
gl2filmerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by AACstyle View Post
You can "make" a generic LED fit in that position but honestly the LED used is a 1W which is pretty powerful and does put off heat hence the huge heatsink and regulator that accompanies the LED. You could make a 1W LED fit in there with some work but it would be difficult to reuse the heatsink properly. We have played with the idea but it involves manufacturing the aluma-backed PCB to "key" into the factory position using the tabs located on the heatsink and ring. Basically, you can make something fit in there but if you want something that looks good and will last for a long time there is not an "over the counter" solution available that I would suggest.
Thanks for the info!