Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Old 01-05-2012, 11:58 AM   #1
gl2filmerguy

Drives: 2010 Summit White Camaro SS/RS
Overheating/ No power steering

So I just installed a Centrifugal supercharger in my car ( Paxton Kit ) and when I loaded the base tune, I started it and let it idle. It warmed up, but I had no heat. Well assuming thats air in the line, I opened the cap, and pushed air out, and added more coolant. It still goes to my overflow, but instead of flowing into the overflow, it shoots out the side of the cap, not mater how tight I have it.

The 2nd problem is that I have no power steering. I added fluid, put it up on a jack, and turned the wheels left and right to release air, but no luck so far.
Anyone have any suggestions for me to try and solve these problems?
gl2filmerguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:26 PM   #2
bigsquirrel
My car runs on acorns....

Drives: 2010 SS RS Inferno Orange
If you removed the power steering cooler (Probably did) There's a specific way you have to prime the power steering pump. Don't remeber what I did.

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
bigsquirrel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2012, 03:30 PM   #3
bigsquirrel

This is it but sounds like what you already tried.
You should jack up the front end and with the engine OFF, turn the steering wheel side to side to drive out the air from the high pressure side of the truck. After topping off the fluid, leaving the truck on jack stands you start the engine and at IDLE speed turn the steering wheel side to side with only the wheel weight load on the pump. Check the level of fluid. Finally, you take the truck off the jack stands, start it up and while stationary turn the steering wheel side to side GENTLY. If it feels good while turning and the pump is silent, you are done. If not, repeat ALL of the above. Each of these exercises should be done at least 20 times on each side (clockwise and counter-clockwise)

2.9 Polished Whipple, Kooks LT 1 7/8 headers, HiFlow Cats, Kooks Sleeper catback, Cooling Mist Methanol Injection, PFADT Sport Sways, PFADT Springs, PFADT rear trailing arms, ADM intake, JDP stainless brake lines, Jegs Catch can, Stock SS wheels widened to 10 3/4, Hawks HPS Pads, Pedders Rear Subframe Bushing Inserts, BMR Center Brace, MSD BAP, AAC side markers, Emblem Pro's Custom Lighted Door Sills, Dash-Floor-Cupholder ABL lighting and other stuff....
Old 01-06-2012, 07:17 AM   #4
gl2filmerguy

I have really bad shuddering now when I turn the wheel left to right. I really don't get it. I think I may have to just have it flushed by someone.
Old 01-06-2012, 09:37 AM   #5
bigsquirrel

Are you doing it with the engine off?

Old 01-06-2012, 11:18 AM   #6
gl2filmerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigsquirrel View Post
Are you doing it with the engine off?
Yeah, On and off actually. Both times the tires are off of the ground.
Old 01-08-2012, 06:51 PM   #7
blackonblacksls

Drives: 2011 2ss/rs
Is the belt on and routed correctly?
blackonblacksls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 06:57 AM   #8
gl2filmerguy

I fixed it. The coolant was like I thought, had air in the line. Well I fixed the PS today, and you wouldn't believe what it was. When my buddy was helping the install process, he just so happen to drop a bracket spacer. Well, long story short I found it, pinned against my pulley and belt on the PS. had to get some random things to knock it out because it was so wedged in there, and boom, everything works like a charm now. I seriously could not believe it.
Old 01-12-2012, 01:03 PM   #9
BLACK10

Drives: 2010 CAMARO. 10.04@133mph, 1.4 60'
Wow, did you replace the belt after?
BLACK10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:49 PM   #10
gl2filmerguy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK10 View Post
Wow, did you replace the belt after?
Nothing was damaged whatsoever thankfully.