Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 08-14-2016, 06:35 PM   #1
mr02Z/28

Drives: 2002 Z/28,1968 Chevelle convert.
From a 2013 2LT Camaro up to a 2017 1SS Camaro

I'm giving in to my desires and going to purchase a 2017 1SS, color is undecided but post some honest thoughts on your take on the 6th Gen SS Camaro, so I can get an idea of this car. I still haven't even looked first hand at one but I will.
mr02Z/28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2016, 09:05 PM   #2
Alpha1BC

Drives: 2017 1SS 1LE
I love my 1ss. I've driven a few different versions of the gen 5 Camaro (2LT manual, 2ss Auto, and 2ss manual), and can confidently say there's a noticeable difference between 5th and 6th gen in pretty much every area. Visibility isn't a whole lot better (slightly better, but not by much), but the extra 30 hp, missing 200 lbs, and new vehicle platform feel like an entirely different style of vehicle. Ride and handling feels a lot tighter than the previous generation. On top of that, I like the new interior a lot more than the gen 5. Definitely should drive one to see for yourself! There are some minor issues that are noted on the forum (for instance, the defroster air leak that can cause fogging on the lower windshield), but personally I haven't been bothered enough by anything to regret buying it.
Old 08-14-2016, 10:29 PM   #3
addisonpeterson
Bad Camaro

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2LT Convertible RS
Although I currently own a 2013 2LT myself I took the 6th gen 2SS for a test drive for 30 minutes and I can give you my thoughts.

First off forget everything you know about our current car. The 6th gen is completely different from the looks, interior quality, and performance capabilities. If you haven't seen one in person yet you should. Pictures don't do it justice in a similar way as the CTS. The car has way more edges than a picture can do justice. As for the interior completely different. It's definitely smaller, but not uncomfortable. The seats have a noticeably different leather than the 5th gens. The screens in the center cluster are high definition crisp and so clear you would think someone put a small HD TV in the car. The center cluster is way faster and easier to use than my link.

Last but certainly not least the performance oh the performance! I test drove a car with the A8 auto, magnetic ride control, and dual mode exhaust. The first thing I noticed after starting the car was the sound of the exhaust. Even in Touring it was loud to me but in track mode it's like the muscle car orchestra. I test drove the car in sport mode for the most part and man can it take corners. Oddly enough you can feel the handling difference the minute you put the car into reverse and turn the wheel. It feels like a ballerina compared to the 5th gen. The acceleration is so quick and the exhaust so nice that you will fall in love immediately. It doesn't feel like a Camaro it feels like an Audi or another high end sports car. I say test drive it and see what you think. If I wasn't going to Europe this year I would have definitely bought one. Tell me what you think if you ever get a chance to test drive.
addisonpeterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2016, 08:51 AM   #4
KenH.

Drives: 2016 2SS M6 NPP MRC
I test drove a commemorative edition 2015 with 900 miles on it (basically a used 2ss for 34k) for about 30 minutes. Then I drove a new 2016 2SS. Both manual. By the time I hit second gear I already knew the 6th gen had to be my car. Zero regrets.
KenH. is offline   Reply With Quote