Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #1933
SixCyl

Drives: 2010 Camaro CGM V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
All three of those scoops are basically the same design haha. As far as a mock ww bottle just as long as you can fit a hole to fill it, and make it so the pump can fit in then you should be good to go.
Alright sounds good. I'm going to see if I can get juiced or some other vendor to get me a sweet deal. Otherwise I'll just find a universal WW bottle.
El gato. Mods: Eagle eye headlights, 18" Axis Sport graphite, Roto-Fab cold air intake, Vmax ported TB, 3/8" Vmax Black-Ice, RX single valve catch can, RX breather, Pedders inserts, Trifecta tune, BBK LTH 304 SS.

art/ärt/Noun. Definition: 5th generation Camaro.
SixCyl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:25 PM   #1934
batman53201
Account not blocked

Drives: The Batmobile
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixCyl View Post
Haha, I know what you mean. You said you were military, what did you do?

law enforcement (air force)

I would of stayed, but i had a little mishap with an atv, and broke my back.
batman53201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 04:34 PM   #1935
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroDreams07 View Post
Definitely don't feel stupid.

First thing I learned about college- it has absolutely nothing to do with intelligence. Anybody with the time and money can get a degree or three. And the difference between a 3.0 and a 4.0 is time, not intelligence.

I firmly believe college is the biggest scam out there. There's nothing you learn there that you couldn't learn in 1/4 of the time with on the job training. It's perpetuated because you can't get a job in many areas without a degree and the government makes a killing on student loan interest. So colleges lower standards, let more people in that probably would be better served doing unskilled labor (nothing wrong with that) , classes are taught to the lowest student, and no actual knowledge transfer takes place.

It's a very expensive piece of paper. I honestly think we're the dumb ones for going, but we really don't have a choice in this society.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I hate to say it because I'm currently about to turn 20 and currently in college pursuing my BBA in Accounting but I fully agree with this statement. I mean just being here and seeing what some other students are like, is terrible. Some people are just so dumb it seriously amazes me that they are even able to read a competent level let alone make it into college. Even from a young age, I was told "be careful in college, nothing will ever be harder". Yea right! The classes are so easy I could sleep through them and still maintain my 4.0 without breaking a sweat. I've learned more doing accounting work for my aunt who has her own business than I have at the time I've been at the school. It's sad really because this piece of paper is so expensive and for what?

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:01 PM   #1936
BaylorCamaro
Track > 1/4 Mile

Drives: 2016 C7 Z51
I think it may depend on the college. The Finance course required for all Business students to take at Baylor had nearly a 70% fail rate the first time through. Thank God I fell into the minority, lol.
BaylorCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 05:07 PM   #1937
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Drives: 2011 2LT/RS Camaro IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaylorCamaro View Post
I think it may depend on the college. The Finance course required for all Business students to take at Baylor had nearly a 70% fail rate the first time through. Thank God I fell into the minority, lol.
I think so too. Had that happen to a couple of my classes (Organic Chemistry, Physics). I'm normally a B+/A- student and when I took my BioInorganic Chemistry and my Organometallic Chemistry course those were ridiculous and I wasn't the only one, out of a class of 10 EVERYONE was failing haha. I do have to say though that it is harder to get into a school than it is to stay in one.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:08 PM   #1938
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Hey so random question that has been bugging me lately. We all know how losing rotational mass is important right? Well I got to thinking would it have a better affect of losing rotational mass on the front tires or the rear tires since they produce the power. I personally think it is more beneficial on the rear tires.
Old 05-05-2013, 06:13 PM   #1939
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by kjkjr27 View Post
Hey so random question that has been bugging me lately. We all know how losing rotational mass is important right? Well I got to thinking would it have a better affect of losing rotational mass on the front tires or the rear tires since they produce the power. I personally think it is more beneficial on the rear tires.
I would think the rears are more beneficial since they are the ones that need to begin rolling but the fronts are probably near equivliant since if you have a larger weight you need more power to get them up to speed. Hope that makes sense
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 06:20 PM   #1940
kjkjr27
COTW 9/16/13

Quote:
Originally Posted by menendez1293 View Post
I would think the rears are more beneficial since they are the ones that need to begin rolling but the fronts are probably near equivliant since if you have a larger weight you need more power to get them up to speed. Hope that makes sense
Yea haha. It was just a random thing I thought about haha, think it is safe to say my brain is fried
Old 05-05-2013, 06:22 PM   #1941
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I have a question ive been wanting to ask for years lmao. In the following picture, you can see the long tube that runs from the intake elbow to the back of the manifold or something. There used to be a plastic piece with a bigger plastic filter of some sort there. Was I suppose to replace that? Or was I suppose to cut the tube to fit that? I remember the G5CR instructions didnt mention anything about it and that is why I am questioning my decision.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2013, 06:26 PM   #1942
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikos30 View Post
I have a question ive been wanting to ask for years lmao. In the following picture, you can see the long tube that runs from the intake elbow to the back of the manifold or something. There used to be a plastic piece with a bigger plastic filter of some sort there. Was I suppose to replace that? Or was I suppose to cut the tube to fit that? I remember the G5CR instructions didnt mention anything about it and that is why I am questioning my decision.
When I put in my CAI inc intake I left the in-line filter that goes there. If I'm not mistaken it should always stay there. It's part of the clean side PCV system
Old 05-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #1943
nikos30
HT5 EastSide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT
I have it still...should I go put it back on?

dammit...
Old 05-05-2013, 06:46 PM   #1944
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Quote:

dammit...
I think it should be one but I am by no means an expert. Maybe someone else with a little more knowledge can chime in.
Old 05-05-2013, 07:07 PM   #1945
Lil' Nasty
[COTW 4/13/15]

Drives: Supercharged LLT
Quote:

dammit...
I would personally put it back on unless you're running a breather
Old 05-05-2013, 10:01 PM   #1946
camaro_RS
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: A lot of show, not much go.
Not new here (I'm sure most of you have seen me around at some point)....but new to posting on this thread. I'm older than y'all....

I'm old and married now (got married three months ago) but super happy....and I know the least about cars, haha. Most of you have helped me out at some point and time.

I've been in the workforce for exactly four years now (after finishing graduate school) and can say I definitely learn more on the job than at school (although I did learn quite a bit in my specific field). College is not necessary...yet most of the time it's a necessity (sadly).

I need to frequent this thread more often...tons of info!!!!

camaro_RS is offline   Reply With Quote