Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 02-14-2009, 02:20 PM   #1
kanys

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Interior

Was wondering what you guys use to clean your interiors. I just want something simple, so would these be ok? http://www.armorall.com/products/vie...gory_index=new
kanys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:07 PM   #2
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
I always get the multi-pack at the very bottom:

http://www.armorall.com/products/multipacks/index.php

It works nicely and gives a nice shine. A good vacuum and some Armor All always do the trick for me.
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 03:48 PM   #3
kanys

Oh wow thanks, didn't see that. Looks like just what I need.
Old 02-14-2009, 05:51 PM   #4
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
I wouldnt use armor all if they gave me the car for free and gave me free armor all products for life.no way no how. First off you need to specify if your talking about cloth or leather interiors . two totally different tools and products are used for each.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 07:10 PM   #5
CamaroSkooter
Retarded One-Legged Owl

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro 2SS
What's wrong with Armor All? Bad experience?
CamaroSkooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:09 PM   #6
ucla1ove3

Drives: soon to be 2010 CAMARO :]
just not good quality. some people are obsessive about the looks of their cars. lol. like me....
ucla1ove3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:31 PM   #7
bob2the2nd

Drives: CGM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ucla1ove3 View Post
just not good quality. some people are obsessive about the looks of their cars. lol. like me....
so... whats wrong with it???
bob2the2nd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:32 PM   #8
josh1147
Delivered 29June09

Drives: Early Order Camaro
There are several higher-quality at a higher expense....but Armour All is better than nothing at all. (Meguiar's is similar priced and better)

Bottom line, use what you can afford and do so religously....take care of your new Camaro inside and out!
josh1147 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2009, 10:37 PM   #9
ArcAngel

Drives: 07 Black Cobalt SS/SC
Send a message via AIM to ArcAngel
Actually Armor All is not good for the surfaces they use certain harsh chemicals that cause drying of vinyls, leathers and plastics
Old 02-14-2009, 11:15 PM   #10
stovt001

Drives: 2006 Cobalt, 2004 Taurus wagon
My family has used Armor-All for a while and haven't had any problems with damage from harsh chemicals.

There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
shining at the end of every day
There's a great big beautiful tomorrow
Just a dream away
stovt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 11:22 AM   #11
aldaran

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by stovt001 View Post
My family has used Armor-All for a while and haven't had any problems with damage from harsh chemicals.
Same here. While I use different products on the exterior, I have always used Armor All on the interior and never had problems. I've had people "awe" the shine. No damage here.
aldaran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 03:50 PM   #12
StarkyLuv
Future 5th Gen Owner

Drives: 2006 Chevy Equinox AWD/LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroSkooter View Post
What's wrong with Armor All? Bad experience?
Nothing at all, and don't let anyone tell you different. People develop psychopathic loyalties to "their" products and to them, all other products are shit.

They're pretty much ALL THE SAME. Just make sure you use the product specific to your task. Use dash/trim cleaner on the dash/trim. Leather cleaner on leather. Glass cleaner on glass, etc. Most car-care products come with kits that have all the different task-cleaners in them.
StarkyLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2009, 12:20 AM   #13
kanys

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkyLuv View Post
Nothing at all, and don't let anyone tell you different. People develop psychopathic loyalties to "their" products and to them, all other products are shit.

They're pretty much ALL THE SAME. Just make sure you use the product specific to your task. Use dash/trim cleaner on the dash/trim. Leather cleaner on leather. Glass cleaner on glass, etc. Most car-care products come with kits that have all the different task-cleaners in them.
Ok cool, so it seems Armor-All is just for like entry level cleaning/detailing and that is why some pple don't like it? Since that is all I am looking for I will probably go ahead and buy it. Oh and I Zaino'ed one of my cars today, it looks greeaaaaaaaaaaaat. Will post pics one I find the camera lol, might have to get a disposable one or something for a while since I lost it like a week ago. No loss since it was crappy and like4 years old. Thanks for all the help guys.
Old 02-16-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
Nexus6
More human than human

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by kanys View Post
Ok cool, so it seems Armor-All is just for like entry level cleaning/detailing and that is why some pple don't like it? Since that is all I am looking for I will probably go ahead and buy it. Oh and I Zaino'ed one of my cars today, it looks greeaaaaaaaaaaaat. Will post pics one I find the camera lol, might have to get a disposable one or something for a while since I lost it like a week ago. No loss since it was crappy and like4 years old. Thanks for all the help guys.
people dont like armor all because its a petroleum based product.petroleum breaks down plastic and rubber, definatley do not put it on leather.for leather i would suggest Connelly brothers leather care (the finest leather tannery in the world) and a horse hair upholstery brush. so basically you want something that hydrates the rubber and plastic and such.petrloeum dehydrates ,it may leave it looking shiny,but in the long run,it will do more harm than good.
Nexus6 is offline   Reply With Quote