Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-14-2013, 07:18 AM   #29
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
I've replaced these screws a few times in the past. They can only be a little past finger tight. If you put a screw driver and wrench to these plastic bolts they strip out very easy.
Good luck
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 09:45 AM   #30
BSUFanatic

Drives: '13 Crystal Red 2SS/RS
How many of these are used to attach the air deflector? I had a little off-road excursion the other day due to icy roads. Hardware and everything ripped clean off and I don't know where it went. In the dark, I didn't notice it was missing. Went back the next morning to try and find it with no luck. All the holes in the bumper plastic are still in one piece, thankfully. Just some scratches to the underside of the bumper cover. I ordered a new air deflector, but since the old one is MIA, I have no idea what kind, or, how many fasteners held it in place. I want to order them now, so I have everything on the way, don't want to wait for the deflector to get here to count the holes. (The obvious solution)
BSUFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:13 AM   #31
trashmanssd

Drives: Black 14 2SS/1LE/RS 14 Tundra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
I would use these original fasteners to reattach the air deflector:
11610747 bolt
11610748 nut
count the holes in bottom edge and order these
trashmanssd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2014, 10:20 AM   #32
knitetrain05
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS 45th Anniversary Edi
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonacdc View Post
Wow I just ask a question about something I don't know hoping for some camaro5 help like always and I get this guy who decides to make jokes thanks to the people who did try to help

Sent from my DROID4 using Tapatalk
I understand your pain. This place is full of A$$holes. You have to be careful not to open your self up to their crap
knitetrain05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 07:59 PM   #33
BSUFanatic

Drives: '13 Crystal Red 2SS/RS
So air deflector came in the mail today, and nuts and bolts showed up a couple days ago. Is there any other hardware to hold the air deflector in place? Clips, or what have you? Like I said earlier, I lost the whole thing, deflector, hardware, all of it, so I'm flying blind. If anyone knows for sure or has a few seconds to run out to the garage and check, your time and response is greatly appreciated.
BSUFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 08:46 PM   #34
patternpilot

Drives: 2012 2SS/RS
I think most people here would like to help but, if the grammar and punctuation is extremely bad as it sometimes is, it is hard to offer help to a problem that can not be understood. Not being disrespectful to the OP, just trying to help.

Now to the OP and his question. If it was on there from the factory, put it back on.

LS3, Whipple, Custom Comp Cam, springs, pushrods, timing set, CAI intake, Apex cold air scoop, Doug Thorley TRI-Y headers, Billet Custom Products baffled Valve covers, Mighty Mouse Catch can, ADM FPCM, ZL1 fuel pump, MSD boost-a-pump, Hex Vent hood vents, ProSport gauges(fuel pressure, AFR, Boost), Corsa, 100 cell Cats. Jannetty remote tuned, Pfadt trailing arms, all parts user installed. No Dyno yet. Manual trans. 3.45 gears.
patternpilot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:02 PM   #35
rontammy0
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 2SS/ RS INFERNO ORANGE L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by patternpilot View Post
I think most people here would like to help but, if the grammar and punctuation is extremely bad as it sometimes is, it is hard to offer help to a problem that can not be understood. Not being disrespectful to the OP, just trying to help.

Now to the OP and his question. If it was on there from the factory, put it back on.
Wat dis grammar truble you speek of......people can rite and posts whatever tha want two...however thay want....read a book if dis isn't good enuff four you.......jus trying two help.
rontammy0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2014, 11:58 PM   #36
Squillo

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS BRM LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by mclark10 View Post
Grammar police. As I always say:
Please use proper spelling, punctuation, and grammar.
It could mean the difference between helping your
uncle, Jack, off a horse; or helping your uncle jack off a horse.

Post of the decade

Thank you
Squillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2014, 12:26 AM   #37
lawman007
Panama-Gulf War Vet

Drives: '11 SW 1LT/RS 6M
I thought that it protects the painted bumper underneath. I also think it did what it was designed to do, break away before any damage to the front under bumper(fascia). I hear it scrape the ground when I pull out of the driveway. Your dealer can just attatch a new one for a nominal fee. I remember running over a peice of tire stretched across the lane a while back. The front tires just ran over it and was thrown up and bounced off the diff or mufflers couldn't really tell but I lucked out on that one, could have been a lot worse, very dangerous...! Glad you are ok.
Troy Lawson
Old 02-11-2014, 07:44 AM   #38
HmBuilder2

Drives: 2014 RRM 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwantone2 View Post

+1
HmBuilder2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 01:51 PM   #39
U118824

Drives: 2011 White/Orange 2SS/RS
Thanks

This post helped me out. To the OP and those that helped with the question, thank you!!

Same story with me, I ran over a piece of tire tread on the freeway. Took out four pairs of plastic bolts and nuts, rubber spoiler was okay. Cost $34 dollars for the eight parts, ouch.

I can only imagine how my front spoiler would have cracked and looked if I had regular steel hardware holding the rubber underskirt to the spoiler.

FYI there are 16 pairs of plastic nuts and bolts that hold the rubber under skirt to the front spoiler. Lots of cash for plastic bolts if you got to replace all of them, 32x4.25=$136...made the Camaro accessories in the Camaro accessory book at the dealership look cheap.

LOL
2006 Yamaha R1 LE
2004 Honda CBR600RR Track Bike
U118824 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 04:47 PM   #40
obe1

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS M6 IOM, 1995 Blown Z28
Someone in another thread posted that the fasteners can be found at Clipsandfasteners.com. P/N A21301 and A21302; $12 for 25 screws and $12 for $25 nuts. Shipping is about $6. Total $30 for a set of 25 shipped.
2019 Corvette Grand Sport
obe1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 05:07 PM   #41
San2cci

Drives: 2013 silver ice metallic ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trekkie View Post
I wouldn't put metal bolts on there. If you hit something with those in it'll do a lot more damage. The reason they use plastic is so they break away easily and not damage other things.

WOW after all of this time of owning GM cars I always wondered why the hell they use plastic fasteners for everything. MAKES sense.
San2cci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2014, 07:10 PM   #42
PalmerGA

Drives: 2013 SIM 1SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by masonacdc View Post
Just got a chance to come home and look at it luckily there no damage on the piece and the wholes in the bumper and fine too that a relief

Quote:
Originally Posted by myold88 View Post
Yes, then go to school.
AND PAY ATTENTION!
2013 1SS/RS Coupe L99, Stainless Power Works LT Headers, SCT X4 Custom Tune from RDP, CAI Inc. Air Intake w/ Apex Scoop, VMAX CNC Ported Throttle Body, Solo Axle-Back Exhaust w/ J-pipes, Apex Catch Can, Husky Splash Guards, Heritage Grille, 3D Carbon Rear Spoiler, Oracle Chrome Turn Signal Bulbs, GM Reverse Light Trim Billets, Gorilla Black Locking Lugs, Emblem Pros Retro SS Badges/Custom Retro SS Kickplates/Under-hood Bowtie, 35% window Tint, Nitto Motivo Tires (6-8-18)
PalmerGA is offline   Reply With Quote