Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 09-05-2009, 11:08 AM   #43
Thrillz

Drives: 2019 Dodge Daytona R/T
You know i couldnt help reading some of the ops other posts. He changed his order many times on color choice's etc then he said he was going to cancel his order and he talked about what the 370 crowd thought of the camaro. I think there is more to this then he is telling us. Imo i think he really wanted a 370 in the first place but decided to give the camaro a shot as its so popular.

Here is some of his posts topics...

Oh My God It's Happening Again!

Changed My Order Again!

Changed My Order Today!

About To Cancel My Order!

2010 Nissan 370Z Pics Revealed!

What Nissan 370Z Fans Think Of The Camaro!

After reading his posts i can say im not surprised at all your selling your car.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #44
Van

Drives: 2006 EVO MR - 390 @ wheels
Thank you for your opinion. Unlike others, I appreciate insight from any viewpoint. Although what Doc said pretty much hit the nail on the head in terms of what to expect with the car in reality.

Your concerns and dissapointments may be the same ones that certain others will experience that may have gone in expecting too much due to all the hype and buzz. So its good that you posted up.

I'm from the same mindset as you...if I'm going to want a car that does well turning and has a good amount of speed...this Camaro might be a good platform, it might not. I'll wait to drive it to see. I'm going in HOPING it lives up to the hype.

But if I'm not satisfied in either way, and have to spend 10k to get the engine where I want and another 3-8k to get the wheels and suspension where I want them...I might as well look into a car already at that price with the performance where I want it and a warranty to boot.

I'm rooting for the Camaro...I'll be in my ordered one within 3 weeks it looks like and so I'm crossing my fingers because I really like the Chevy's design and four wheel independant suspension better than the 2010 GT500 design and its live axle.
3000, Order accepted by production control 8/18/2009 TPW 9/07/2009
3300, Order scheduled for production 8/24/2009
3400, Order broadcast 9/1/2009
3800, Order produced 9/11/2009
4200, Shipped 9/11/2009
5000, Delivered to the dealer
Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #45
Kenny

Drives: 2010 SS RS IOM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolestCamaro873 View Post
I live in the Northeast in NY where there're terrible roads and the Vette with its leaf springs are just too much for them. The Vette wallows too much on these types of raods and makes it very harsh you needs nice flat groomed out roads to truly enjoy and appreciate the Vette as an everyday driver!
I respect your OP, some valid points from a former corvette owner. However if the Camaro were made to handle better than it does it would, no doubt, ride closer to a vette.
One of the positives with the Camaro is the fact that you can take it on long trips and be very comfortable in doing so no matter the road conditions.

Anyway good luck in your search for a car that fits your needs.

Ken
Old 09-05-2009, 11:15 AM   #46
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post
You know i couldnt help reading some of the ops other posts. He changed his order many times on color choice's etc then he said he was going to cancel his order and he talked about what the 370 crowd thought of the camaro. I think there is more to this then he is telling us. Imo i think he really wanted a 370 in the first place but decided to give the camaro a shot as its so popular.

Changed My Order Again!

Changed My Order Today!

After reading his posts i can say im not surprised at all your selling your car.

Another thing is, the Camaro and the Z are two totally different cars. If the guy is a vette fan and loves how the vette feels and drives, wouldn't it be a major down-grade to go with the Z?

Like i said before, the Z seems "sluggish" compaired to my SS so if he is use to a vette i would think the "feel" of the Z would be more dissapointing to him then the feel of the Camaro.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:16 AM   #47
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
This comparing of the SS to a Vette is like tha magazine writers comparing a SS Camaro to a Cobra. No offense but it is just Bull Shit to try and do so. There is a big difference in price and features!!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:29 AM   #48
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Drives: '12 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesseJames View Post
LOL

I'm just teasing but i hafta say the famous words of the lady in blue

"You gotta pay to play"
This is true I can't argue with that! LOL
Old 09-05-2009, 11:36 AM   #49
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc View Post
Your 370z you talk about so highly (did you talk about a Camaro this way too before you bought it?) is going to cost you about $40k out the door. Put an additional $5k in your SS which you seem to think is such a terrible thing to have to do, and your SS will eat the 370z alive. Same $40k. And there's no comparison in the looks department; the Camaro beats the 370z hands down.

If you think the Camaro SS was a letdown in the power department from a vette then DON'T buy the 370z; it's even less power.

You know based on your posts here you seem bitter and quick to be sarcastic. You just don't sound like a muscle car/Camaro owner. I think you should sell your Camaro now while you can get your money out of it and drop $40k on the 370z; it seems to be "you".
I would never spend $40k on a Z I get Nissans at $200 under invoice because invoice on a Nissan isnt what thedealer is actually paying. Like I said power isnt the important part it's enjoying the car you drive for the money you paid my first car was a Z best damn car I ever had overall quality and enjoyment!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:40 AM   #50
Scotsman
Auto Pilot

Drives: Gunmetal
Almost all the mainstream auto mags (MT accepted) have pretty much rated the 5thgen second to the newly revised Stang for the same two reoccurring reasons 1)weight and 2)handling. Safe to say the two are not mutually exclusive in general or in this context. The Stang is several hundred (correct me if I'm wrong) pounds lighter which makes it a car more pliable to hard and enthusiastic driving, not to mention the steering is tons more communicative than the hefty 5thgen. Throw in the "Track Pack" for the GT and it's no contest.

Now, in the latesat issue of MT in the news section there's talk of GM engineers being aware of the lack of engagement in the 5thgens handling and that they are at work on some sort of handling upgrade package.

Let me say this though, if you can afford an SS, believe me you can afford to equip the car with MINOR modifications to take it to the next level handling wise and it's something easily done. So quit your biatchin'!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:42 AM   #51
CoolestCamaro873
The Road's A Bad Joke...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrillz View Post

Changed My Order Again!

Changed My Order Today!

Thanks for the backround check lol! Yeah I ahve been up in the air and I was thna. I won't deny that. But, unfortunatley the car was advertised to be sometihng it wasn't a sports car. All these tests done to it and this tuning, and the supposed extra mile GM was going that delayed this vehicle countless times to give us the best Camaro ever. And, it couldn't even beat Ford's mUstang on a track! There is something wrongh there. But, I don't care about magazines I'm telling you as someone who has driven Vette's Porsche's, etc... This car is not what it was made out to be. Despite what ost of you think. When you label a car a sports car, nevermind the "Sports CAr of the 21st Century," it better live up to be it. But I can't blame GM's marketing department for trying to make the Camaro out to be the second comnig of JC! Anyways I'm done arguing with everyone I'm trying to not be biased here with an open mind about my LS3 SS but it will get me nowhere on a Camaro fourm. I am just trying to help those who haven't boghut the car yet to think twice and test it first. Because most of us that have our cars now didn't have the oppurtunity we preordered them.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:43 AM   #52
mcdoogle6969

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS, 2008 Heritage 300C
Quote:
I would never spend $40k on a Z I get Nissans at $200 under invoice because invoice on a Nissan isnt what thedealer is actually paying. Like I said power isnt the important part it's enjoying the car you drive for the money you paid my first car was a Z best damn car I ever had overall quality and enjoyment!
Right, but you said that the Camaro was a dissapointment because you drove a vette for so long....which i would think that the Z would be even more of a dissapointment. There are many things i could point out about the Z that would make me take the Camaro over it any day but i don't feel like typing a paper. I love how the Camaro drives and feels and i am very happy with it. I am sorry for you on the other hand that you are not. All that i'm saying is watch out with the Z because if you are so use to a vette the Z will be worse then a Camaro. Just my opinion. Goodluck on whatever you decide to do though.
Old 09-05-2009, 11:47 AM   #53
SlingShot

Drives: 2012 ZL1 - #670
I've always thought of the Camaro as a Lear Jet, fast, comfy, and stylish..... If you want an F-16, get a Vette or a very expensive import .... IMO !!!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:49 AM   #54
Dan3
Captain of the Failboat

Drives: 2010 IBM Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
And, it couldn't even beat Ford's mUstang on a track! There is something wrongh there.
... It beat the Mustang GT on every track... just fell a little short in skidpad Gs.

I found your car man, have fun... http://www.campagnamotors.com/T-REX/intro.html
Produced - 10 August 2009 : #34143
Delivered - 25 August 2009
Old 09-05-2009, 11:51 AM   #55
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingShot View Post
I've always thought of the Camaro as a Lear Jet, fast, comfy, and stylish..... If you want an F-16, get a Vette or a very expensive Italian import .... IMO !!!
Fixed it for you!
Old 09-05-2009, 11:52 AM   #56
tunacan58

Drives: 40th mustang/Camaro 2LT IOM
Why are you folks jumping this guys opinion? You like yours? He does not. Cars that please everyone have not been made yet...Maybe some day. I own a 40th Mustang and I own a Camaro. I like them both. I also like my saturn and my motorcycle. Let it go. There will be more post with disapointment. I bought sight unseen and never test drove. Foolish?? Maybe, maybe not. Don't shread someone for his opinion. Someome will buy his car and will like it or not. Thats the car world!

Closed Thread