Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 04-02-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
ronniels3

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
ADM Street Intake

Just installed my ARH headers and now I need an intake. Anybody have any experience with the ADM street intake? I am not interested in the race intake because I dont want to cut the car for the scoop and relocate washer bottle. Since this is a metal intake do the IAT's get hotter than the plastic ones. I also think that this is one of the nicest looking intakes. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Ronnie
ronniels3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:41 PM   #2
bpoirier

Drives: 2SS/RS IOM CGM Stripes
I started out with a ADM street intake and switched to the race intake. It is very high quality. Fit and finish is superb. The thing I like the most about this intake is the fact the MAF is relocated inside the air box, not in the hot engine compartment. I've had mine on my car for over 3 years and it still looks new.
bpoirier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2013, 11:46 PM   #3
mlee
CamaroFans.com

Drives: ZLE & ZR2
Quote:
Originally Posted by bpoirier View Post
I started out with a ADM street intake and switched to the race intake. It is very high quality. Fit and finish is superb. The thing I like the most about this intake is the fact the MAF is relocated inside the air box, not in the hot engine compartment. I've had mine on my car for over 3 years and it still looks new.
I did the same thing. Even had mine painted IOM. This intake was at the very top of the performance tests so no worries there and you can't beat the fit and finish.

Go for it...
Old 04-03-2013, 12:54 AM   #4
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
A lot of people are very happy with hat product. Fyi the cutting you refered to is a small amount of plastic that serves no purpose nor would you even see it without trying. Goodluck with your mods get a tune after the intake and keep that smile going!
Old 04-03-2013, 08:34 AM   #5
ronniels3

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniels3 View Post
Just installed my ARH headers and now I need an intake. Anybody have any experience with the ADM street intake? I am not interested in the race intake because I dont want to cut the car for the scoop and relocate washer bottle. Since this is a metal intake do the IAT's get hotter than the plastic ones. I also think that this is one of the nicest looking intakes. Please share your thoughts.

Thanks

Ronnie
Thanks for the replies. Does this intake get particularly hot?
ronniels3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 09:08 AM   #6
ackeight

Drives: 10' 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronniels3 View Post
Thanks for the replies. Does this intake get particularly hot?
The tubes get hot but the iat stays normal. Even cooler with a scoop and race intake.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93862
Old 04-03-2013, 10:29 AM   #7
Camero5
Hide! My wife's coming!

Drives: 2013 Chevrolet Camaro ZL1
I have the race intake with scoop for about a year... The MAF is relocated to the inside and like others said, the cutting is very minimal, the scoop will make a difference.
Attached Images

Camero5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2013, 10:16 PM   #8
The 2010 Sin
Dont H8 Me Cuz U Aint Me

Drives: 2016 SS Sedan, 2017 Explorer Sport
I LOVE MY ADM RACE! :-) Going to get the adm street for my fiance's 13 because she doesnt need the scoop etc.