Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-16-2013, 11:25 AM   #57
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Dealerships are showing more and more why they are looked at as bottom feeders in a service oriented world. The people who sell the car are not a "SALESMAN" they are 100% money motivated with zero interest in you getting a good deal or even the right right car. Tell them what you want and need and than go look at a different vehicle and they will tell you its the greatest thing ever. They dont listen to needs or what is best for you..they just want to sell you a car take YOUR money and be done with you. If you think any different and you think they REALLY care about you/us your being foolish. They walk around with their foolish tie on that doesnt match,their pants are wrinkled and $12 shoes on... Typical guy at a dealership...White shirt..some sort of tie..black wrinkled pants..cheap shoes. You pull in and he jumps you and makes you feel pressured from the time you show up..than wants to tell you there are no rebates...not a better deal...there not making any money on the deal..all lies and trying to steal YOUR money. Dealerships will never get it and the guy trying to keep the price up on you...he will be gone from that dealership in 30-60-90 days anyways. Moral of the story....If you want a new car your screwed before you ever get there.. I feel better now..sorry but had to vent
Old 03-16-2013, 02:30 PM   #58
Pappa Joe

Drives: Charger/TL1000R/Cobalt/ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKreme15 View Post
+1

When I bought mine I told him exactly what I wanted 2 or 3 times lol
watched him mark it down n everything !
Pappa Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:38 PM   #59
eightup

Drives: 2013 zl1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
He made the mistake not the dealer, he has a carbon fiber hood it is not exposed. GM is not responsible for the buyer not checking on what he bought. No one said he could not look at the build sheet. You should always check the window sticker, that is what it is for.
Also there is no emails saying he was getting a Exposed CF hood. Yes he did get a CF hood.
It is way more than $600. That is just the price for the option, to buy it now is way more money.

I had two other ZL1s on order and one that a dealer had, I made them give me a build sheet or window sticker before I gave them a deposit.
Salesman all think on a 13 if it has the big screen it has NAV, well they all did not after I checked.
I have not seen any pics of the buyers paper work that says the car has a ECF hood.
and you sell what
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 10:31 PM   #60
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by eightup View Post
and you sell what
what does that have to do with anything skylane said?
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:11 PM   #61
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
The OP seems to be indicating that his window sticker did not show that he was charged for an ECF hood.

In theory though, let's say he showed up in Dallas, and saw that the car didn't have the ECF hood. Could the dealer have switched it there?

And if the dealer did this, then the VIN number would not indicate that his ECF hood was installed at the factory. It would be a dealer installed option.

Is the OP trying to get the dealership to ship him a "free" ECF hood insert? And then the OP is willing to install it himself ?

If so, the dealership probably would say: We sold you exactly what was shown on the window sticker.

It is up to the buyer to do a complete analysis and verify that what he is about to buy, matches what he wants.

(Out of curiosity, how long did it take before this buyer took notice that he did not have the ECF hood ? )
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 03:44 PM   #62
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
What are the odds that the saleman at the dealership did'nt know the difference between a painted CF and the ECF? Wouldn't be the first time.
In that scenerio, the dealer could have told him, 'yes it has the ecf insert' without realizing, no, it has the PAINTED CF insert.

Either way, If I were you buy a car out of state, I'd want a copy of the order, a copy of the window sticker and pictures of the car from all angles before I bought it.

Like any other package that gets shipped, I would expect the right to refuse delivery if what got shipped wasn't what I ordered, and get a refund.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:08 PM   #63
Hercules

Drives: 13 ZL1 1091, 04 Ram 2500, 12 CX9
I toally feel your pain about your dealer. I have gone back to verbally complain to my local dealer about empty promises. Asked to speak to the General Manager got the sales Manager and a hell of a lot of attitude. Pretty much was told sucks to be me. This is my first new GM since '86 and with the dealers customer service it could possibly be my last. I wish GM themselves had more control over their dealers. Good luck in getting this resolved, I gave up caring a while ago
Hercules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 04:51 PM   #64
OVERPAR73
2018 Garnet Red ZL1 conve

Drives: 2013 & 2018 ZL1 vert
HELP Brandon

Brandon,
Where are you!!

Iv'e called this customer service rep 4 times now within the last two weeks and no call back. Please see if you can get someone else assigned.

I would really like to get a rep who actually knows what I'm talking about and doesn't give me the "I don't care" attitude over the phone.
Old 03-19-2013, 05:12 PM   #65
fcu678
5Th Gen (Craig)

Drives: 2014 C7
Have you considered that there may be things going on behind the scene that won't allow Brandon to comment publically??
Have you tried sending him a PM??

fcu678 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:01 PM   #66
RoadieWingZ

Drives: 2013 Black Camaro 1LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by fcu678 View Post
Have you considered that there may be things going on behind the scene that won't allow Brandon to comment publically??
Have you tried sending him a PM??
Ditto...PM's are easy and effective way to communicate directly with the forum member you're looking for.... Brandon was very helpful in a recent issue I had, but my issue was shown on the sticker so he and his colleagues helped get the dealership's focus where I couldn't. This case is different, so is a bit stickier. Good luck..

2013 Camaro LS
RoadieWingZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:16 AM   #67
Kluch

Drives: CTS-V
We've all made mistakes like this, so don't feel too badly. Next time you will be more careful for sure. If I were you I would post in the classifieds and try to trade. You will pay much more than the $600 option cost to buy a new insert, though there are plenty of good dealers on these boards that will order for you if yours will not. The part may not be readily available for order, though. If it is limited in any way the part will be reserved for new builds and not for individual sale. When I was trying to get yellow calipers for my V, they were really hard for dealers to order even though they weren't on constraint. Demand was just high. Good luck.
Kluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 03:43 PM   #68
Bad@ssCamaro
BeckyD Rocks :-)

Drives: 2015 1SS/1LE
I saw on another thread that forum member dimitri received a ECF hood insert when he ordered the black painted insert. Maybe you can pm him and work out an exchange?

Here's the link to the thread he posted in:

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showth...69#post6324169

Bad@ssCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 05:43 PM   #69
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Here is how I see this...

Uninformed sales people are a way of life. Next to a lawyer...I can't think of someone you trust less in life than a car salesman. Honestly, odds are slim you will find a salesman who knows more about the ZL1 than an enthusist looking to buy it. If you drop $55K on a car...out of state, without ever seeing it before you agree to buy...you have the responsibility to make sure something as basic as the options are right before you buy.

Now I personally have searched for a ZL1 I wanted..and it was DXed from out of state. That said, GM's website shows what all is on the car..along with window stickers. Most dealers websites have options, and window stickers. You have to be basically ignorant to not know what is on a specific car. It is all there and easy to find.

So I see on of two scenerio's here-

#1- Least Likely- The paperwork (build sheet, windows sticker) shows you should have a CF insert...but the car was built without one. I seriously doubt this...but if it is the case..yes, you were wronged, and deserve the insert to be added.

#2- Most Likely- You called the dealer because you somehow found them with a car you wanted (crystal red ZL1 Vert). You likely told the person you wanted a CF insert. However they saw the dark standard insert, and not knowing better assumed that is was it. Keep in mind..they have likely have only had 2-3 of these cars..and the dark insert is only on the ZL1...so I think it could be an easy misunderstanding. After all, you called them because they had the car you wanted. This is all irrelevent since I am willing to bet that nothing on any paperwork mentions a CF Insert.

Then you somehow proceded to buy the car site unseen, without verifying that that option was on the build sheet, window sticker, or that you even paid for it. Or if that was not the case, maybe you saw you were not being charged for it, but kept quiet because you wanted to see if you could get it for free since they claimed it had one.

Now you have bought a car with the standard insert...and that is what all the paperwork says you agreed to buy and paid for. In this case, it's yours...and it is your mistake for not making sure everything was perfect before buying a $50K + car out of state. Basically, you pooped your pants...don't expect someone else to wipe your butt for you and fix your mistake.

Not trying to be brutal here...but barring the car being built wrong, there is no way this happens without the customer being careless in reviewing paperwork.
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2013, 06:13 PM   #70
Midnight Rat

Drives: SS 1LE
Well said.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarylandSpeed View Post
Here is how I see this...

Uninformed sales people are a way of life. Next to a lawyer...I can't think of someone you trust less in life than a car salesman. Honestly, odds are slim you will find a salesman who knows more about the ZL1 than an enthusist looking to buy it. If you drop $55K on a car...out of state, without ever seeing it before you agree to buy...you have the responsibility to make sure something as basic as the options are right before you buy.

Now I personally have searched for a ZL1 I wanted..and it was DXed from out of state. That said, GM's website shows what all is on the car..along with window stickers. Most dealers websites have options, and window stickers. You have to be basically ignorant to not know what is on a specific car. It is all there and easy to find.

So I see on of two scenerio's here-

#1- Least Likely- The paperwork (build sheet, windows sticker) shows you should have a CF insert...but the car was built without one. I seriously doubt this...but if it is the case..yes, you were wronged, and deserve the insert to be added.

#2- Most Likely- You called the dealer because you somehow found them with a car you wanted (crystal red ZL1 Vert). You likely told the person you wanted a CF insert. However they saw the dark standard insert, and not knowing better assumed that is was it. Keep in mind..they have likely have only had 2-3 of these cars..and the dark insert is only on the ZL1...so I think it could be an easy misunderstanding. After all, you called them because they had the car you wanted. This is all irrelevent since I am willing to bet that nothing on any paperwork mentions a CF Insert.

Then you somehow proceded to buy the car site unseen, without verifying that that option was on the build sheet, window sticker, or that you even paid for it. Or if that was not the case, maybe you saw you were not being charged for it, but kept quiet because you wanted to see if you could get it for free since they claimed it had one.

Now you have bought a car with the standard insert...and that is what all the paperwork says you agreed to buy and paid for. In this case, it's yours...and it is your mistake for not making sure everything was perfect before buying a $50K + car out of state. Basically, you pooped your pants...don't expect someone else to wipe your butt for you and fix your mistake.

Not trying to be brutal here...but barring the car being built wrong, there is no way this happens without the customer being careless in reviewing paperwork.
Midnight Rat is offline   Reply With Quote