Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-17-2013, 07:49 AM   #71
Eich

Drives: '11 SW/Beige 2SS RS Manual
The new transformer bumblebee rear end is a better version. The diffuser plastic doesn't go so high up.

Eich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 07:55 AM   #72
Cheveey57

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveagogo1 View Post
Overall the car is fine. Not my cup of tea but, oh well. I already have mine that i do like.

However, rarely does anyone say your fat or ugly to peoples faces either. Food for thought.
X2
Old 08-17-2013, 08:40 AM   #73
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bonanza7 View Post
The '14 is a damn fine car. The haters just don't want to face the fact that their cars are an old design.
Please tell me that was a joke. I would drive an outgoing Mustang to that.
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 08:41 AM   #74
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eich View Post
The new transformer bumblebee rear end is a better version. The diffuser plastic doesn't go so high up.

I actually like the way that looks
mikeyg36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #75
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
Yes well the disappointment of what could have been is the case of why a lot of us do not appreciate the changes of the 2014. Simple changes to a nose and rear for appearance styling, which comes off not as retro on a retro car as the previous 2012-2013 style will be scrutinized by many. Sure it can have a color hud ....no great up grade there, or you can dump 2 grand into retardo buckets. While they have actually one decent idea to put a air passage (extractor) in the hood....they had to make it a small plastic cheap one , kind of a zl1 wannabe instead of a decent hood with a real style other already car owners would want to purchase to fit to their car. NO cowl induction, no going round on the tail lights which would be more second gen Camaro....(the 2010 to 2013 were a blend of 1st and 2nd gen and corvette kind of being semi square with chrome trim). NO they went with a tail light they like to say looks like the 69....not even close...... The s9 had chrome all around it a trim line horizontally through the tail light and it was more rectangular not getting wider and wrapping around a corner. And the larger plastic diffuser is just cheap personified, I also thought that about the front lower grill design and how it has a big plastic solid part of the grill up top ...Like mount a bumper to me.........

I do think the front grill squeeze is not the baddest of looks, yet they need to change from egg crate grill, and they failed. And the lower grill should have matched the top better and be more heritage style.

ANd the zl1 wannabe DRL surrounds just show how low on ideas they are...goes with the hood.

Do not get me wrong I love the Camaro, I would just have to get aftermarket grills in the future or alter the ones on a 2014 to make it nicer, take off and paint the rear diffuser, get pissed about the missing body line in the center of the rear end and frown a lot, and figure a way to alter the tail lights to look really like a 69 and not some prelude by trimming it with plastic chrome and painting the wrap around part.
And the now square DRL surround I would paint body color along with the little extractor toy in the hood.

And then I would kind of be happy with the car as the appearance would be more retro sort of when I trade it for 2013 or earlier .................Just kidding.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, unfortunately the beholder at g.m. should have been punched in the face then beat with the ugly stick when he came with these changes, instead he got a pay check and any old chevy motorhead like me could have done a better job at designing it..............As some of us have artistic talent to create, and some are monkey see monkey do..............

the 1969 taillights some like to think look like the 2014

and the 1969 front end.....with its square running lights.........

When it comes to a matter of taste............Some people like turkey burgers............some of us like steak
Old 08-17-2013, 10:40 AM   #76
TStko
TKO

Drives: you crazy...
Car is ok BUUUUUT that back end should definitely have been through a focus group of car enthusiast instead of productivity people that want to install 2 lights instead of 4. Back end is important look how Ford brought it on the new Mustang it looks way sicker from the back than the previous models. Our new back end is bland and doesn't scream American Sports car. I would've gone with the Euro lights and tail end.

Reminds me of this GM commercial GM made to make fun of themselves:

cars are like women, some are old, some are new, some get turned on easily some need a lot more help, some you just wanna drive into the river, some you can't wait to get inside of, some are expensive to maintain, some are low maintenance, however if you treat them right, you'll have her for the rest of your life.....
TStko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 10:50 AM   #77
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by TStko View Post
Car is ok BUUUUUT that back end should definitely have been through a focus group of car enthusiast instead of productivity people that want to install 2 lights instead of 4. Back end is important look how Ford brought it on the new Mustang it looks way sicker from the back than the previous models. Our new back end is bland and doesn't scream American Sports car. I would've gone with the Euro lights and tail end.

Reminds me of this GM commercial GM made to make fun of themselves:
Have you read any of fbodfathers posts about the changes? From what you say here its obvious you haven't. They did have input from enthusiasts....
You say the new back end doesn't scream American sports car yet you say you would have went with the Euro lights and tail end?????
Old 08-17-2013, 11:09 AM   #78
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by firedrop View Post
I think it looks good.. i personally love the hood. The back isnt bad, an i like my 2012s grill a tad more, but overall i think its a beautiful car.
Why all the hating, bitchin, crying, whining, and complaining? It's human nature and therapeutic. And this forum is a good place to come and voice your dissatisfaction and to do your crying, knowing someone will hear you. All you constant repeating whining people who dislike the 14's, live and learn, not everything in life goes your entitled way. If you don't like the new Camaro, what a shame. Say it once and move on. That way you might not have to eat as much crow in the future. Makes the forum look foolish with the same repeated crap. And I'm a fool for wasting my time.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:18 PM   #79
2cnd chance
Too Many Great Choices

Drives: Grand Sport/Z07
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Why all the hating, bitchin, crying, whining, and complaining? It's human nature and therapeutic. And this forum is a good place to come and voice your dissatisfaction and to do your crying, knowing someone will hear you. All you constant repeating whining people who dislike the 14's, live and learn, not everything in life goes your entitled way. If you don't like the new Camaro, what a shame. Say it once and move on. That way you might not have to eat as much crow in the future. Makes the forum look foolish with the same repeated crap. And I'm a fool for wasting my time.
Old 08-17-2013, 01:46 PM   #80
CRTZL1
Banned

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by GMTool View Post
Couldn't agree more with this post!!

But I gotta just say it one more time before I move on....

I don't like it!!!

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 4
CRTZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:18 PM   #81
JC6

Drives: 2011 GS Vert. Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
Never mind the lights, how can anyone think more black rear plastic almost to the belt-line is attractive and not just cheap?
You nail it bro!!!
JC6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:29 PM   #82
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSeniorMoment View Post
Or, in my case, I was strongly considering buying a Challenger until I saw the '10 SS. Had the '14 design come out first, I'd be driving a SRT8 Challenger.
LOL agree! A R/T for me
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:33 PM   #83
nUcLeArEnVoY
Oldbie that nobody knows

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS M6
Send a message via AIM to nUcLeArEnVoY
I can't stand the front end of it; specifically the grille/headlights. The deep, wide v-shaped inset grille was an iconic part of the 1969 Camaro and was recreated in the 2010-2013. The aggressive front end is a hallmark feature of the 5th gen but with the 2014 it looks like it's squinting and the headlights are too elongated. In non RS, it looks like some future robot thing and with RS, it looks like it's looking down to the ground because of the awkward positioning of the halos. And then of course that ungodly chrome strip, yeeugh.

Last edited by nUcLeArEnVoY; 08-17-2013 at 03:47 PM.
nUcLeArEnVoY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2013, 03:42 PM   #84
upflying

Drives: '86 Monte Carlo SS
The '14 looks good but then I'm not buying one either.
upflying is offline   Reply With Quote