Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 05-01-2009, 01:27 PM   #43
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sierra View Post
Well one thing I can agree on is that we are friends of the camaro.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:28 PM   #44
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
I'm a manager at a grocery store.I'm not trying to stir things up either. I'm just saying that there's an alternative. If you want to complain ,go ahead. I'm not saying it's entirely bad. Like someone has already said, sometimes complaints are constructive. I'm just saying not to get too worked up about it, That's all.
No problem dude. Did you order one yet?
Old 05-01-2009, 01:38 PM   #45
thejbyrd

Drives: My wife nuts with my obsession
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
No problem dude. Did you order one yet?
In fact I didn't.I know it's not the same but I've been waiting my whole life for a Camaro like this and I have to wait another year for the conv't. Consider yourselves lucky to be able to have one at all. The Camaro could have just not came back.They didn't have to make it. And for one, there is no company that is perfect in the customer service department. The auto industry has a lot of flaws. Just bear with them, your car will be here. When it comes and you get to drive it off the lot, all worries and tiffs will seem meaningless and you'll once again remember why you loved the car in the first place.
thejbyrd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 01:41 PM   #46
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by thejbyrd View Post
In fact I didn't.I know it's not the same but I've been waiting my whole life for a Camaro like this and I have to wait another year for the conv't. Consider yourselves lucky to be able to have one at all. The Camaro could have just not came back.They didn't have to make it. And for one, there is no company that is perfect in the customer service department. The auto industry has a lot of flaws. Just bear with them, your car will be here. When it comes and you get to drive it off the lot, all worries and tiffs will seem meaningless and you'll once again remember why you loved the car in the first place.
Old 05-01-2009, 03:06 PM   #47
dbotsfordtat

Drives: 2016 Camaro
Quote:
I have not placed an order. I have not hidden this fact.
Now I understand. friggin troll.
dbotsfordtat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 03:35 PM   #48
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Because someone hasnt ordered their a troll.... thats just idiotic
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2009, 11:32 PM   #49
Sierra

Drives: 2004 GMC Sierra SLT 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbotsfordtat View Post
Now I understand. friggin troll.
Excuse me? Are you calling me a troll? Are you freaking kidding me?
Old 05-02-2009, 04:20 AM   #50
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Hylton,

I swear, if you ever write a book, I want to order a signed copy from you!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 05:25 AM   #51
Matrix

Drives: '10 Camaro 2SS/RS & Magnum R/T
What are you guys complaining about. I ordered last monday and took delivery of it today! Geez you guys LOL!!
Old 05-02-2009, 06:00 AM   #52
82RS2010SS

Drives: 2010 2SS
Whats with the SS grill emblem sometimes red ? Is there different options that a silver SS emblem has or do they have a big box of mismatch they stick on?
82RS2010SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2009, 07:28 AM   #53
dbotsfordtat

Quote:
Excuse me? Are you calling me a troll? Are you freaking kidding me?
Oh come on now, you start a thread like this, don't even have a Car on order and don't think you've earned the Troll label? Come on now, Help me help you. Just because you've earned the troll label doesn't mean you have to keep it. Consider this an intervention and come back from the dark side.
Now heads up, I'm going to be out of town for a bit, so I won't be able to respond to your posts. I don't want you to think I'm ignoring you.
Old 05-02-2009, 07:29 AM   #54
dbotsfordtat

Quote:
Originally Posted by shnomac77 View Post
Because someone hasnt ordered their a troll.... thats just idiotic
Well that just hurts. :(
Old 05-02-2009, 07:43 AM   #55
Hylton

Drives: fanboys and ass kissers crazy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 82RS2010SS View Post
Whats with the SS grill emblem sometimes red ? Is there different options that a silver SS emblem has or do they have a big box of mismatch they stick on?
Wrong place to post this but to answer your question, all red SS emblems signify that the car has the RS option (HID and halo lights). If an SS has the silver emblems, it means the car just has normal headlights. Taillights and roof moulding is also different on the cars.

Old 05-02-2009, 07:45 AM   #56
speedster
SST...

Drives: SST Camaro 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hylton View Post
We as North Americans have become so accepting of poor service, poor communication and poor product that it has really impacted our ability to improve how we do business.

No longer is there a strive to do things better, but rather a movement to just be quiet and accept things as they are because "they know better". Well they don't know better - you just need to compare a companies results against any of it's competition that faces the exact same challenges that they do.

When you have companies or people that do not admit fault when due, you have companies and people who are not open to suggestions, change or improvement.

Yes there are a lot of complaints right now but for very different reasons.Allow me to elaborate on a few:

Early VIN cars -

Nobody thinks that the activity of holding a car back is wrong but when you have someone like Trent who's car was built 46 days ago and there is still no trace of it, you have to ask yourself, what are they doing and how are they managing it? Are they replacing the entire car piece by piece? Let's not forget something here - it took Oshawa 4 days to build it!

But I guess you don't feel that this is a blatant internal problem...

R6P cars (Pre-production orders) -

GM's most loyal customers put their money down on a car they hadn't seen and/or driven. Why did they do that? Well many reasons but the important thing to get here is that they had faith. They had faith in the car being a wonderful product (which it is). They had faith in believing that GM would value their committment above any other customer.

This was not to be the case. GM felt it necessary to build a bunch of dealer cars which were to be used to promote the car at dealerships. If someone wanted to go look at a car and drive it, one would be available at any Chevrolet dealership they went to. What a fantastic concept! Finally, some good marketing and sales initiative. Some early buyers were upset about that but most thought it was a great idea because we all want this car to be a success.

Then GM decided to build AVIS cars before R6P orders because someone at GM decided it was a great way to have more people test drive the car. Many early order people had a problem with that but they lived with it and did not complain.

Now we come to find out that GM will not build the cars according to the date the car was ordered which means everyone who made a comittment to GM early, does not get any benefit or acknowledgement. Yes this will cause people to have to wait longer but the waiting is not the upsetting thing, it's the queue jumping that is what is upsetting. Perhaps you don't understand the relevance here.

Maybe you don't see the implications of someone walking into a dealership tomorrow and buying one of the cars that was supposedly for a dealership to use as a demo car. Maybe you don't see how someone considering a GM truck or a Cadillac will look at GM's decision to build unsold cars for dealers before enthusiasts will cause him to shop elsewhere.

GM had a great opportunity to use this as a marketing tool. Making a public statement about putting this product into the hands of those who had faith in this car before they were even saw it, goes far in the eyes of the public when evaluating a companies character.

Aside from constraints, there is no reason published or otherwise for GM not to commit to all those who originally ordered early. If you want a new Camaro, great! THE LINE STARTS WAY BACK THERE. If you don't think there is justification for R6P owners to be a tad miffed when GM openly condones this practice, then you need to rethink about what kind of society you want to live in.
Well written Hylton. This is how a FREE ENTERPRISE system works. We like it, we buy it. If not, we take our business elsewhere.