Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-16-2012, 11:33 AM   #15
Ebbsnflows

Drives: 2018 Camaro ZL1-1LE
I HATE the new format :( They're ruined the basic premise of the show.

The best part of the old show was the absolute torture that they inflicted on the "victim", and the 180 deg emotional swing that they experienced when discovering the truth. I think we've all put ourselves in the shoes of the victim and tried to imagine the emotional rollercoaster that they're going on.
I can't Imagine thinking that my car was stolen/destroyed and gone forever...only to discover that not only am I getting my prized possession back...but with a 100000% improvement.

The new format lacks the same pain and anguish...thus losing the passion and emotion of the reveal. Now it's just another Custom Car show like the other 20 that are on TV.
Old 10-16-2012, 03:58 PM   #16
camaroitalia
Go Harder Than Baltimore!

Drives: 2010 CGM
I wish they would show more of the paint work being done, thats my favorite part. like they would talk about the primers, paints, clears used and I look watching chip lay down the stripes and his tape work
Old 10-16-2012, 11:56 PM   #17
Silverlsinva

Drives: 2013 Fiat 500 Abarth Grigio
Wait there are actually new like brand new episodes? from this year and not from years pass that they never got to air?
Silverlsinva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:19 AM   #18
Buffnshine
So Cal Camaro5 Race Team

Drives: '10 SS/RS, '06 HHR, '70 El Camino
yes these are new episodes.
TEAM L99 - So Cal Camaro5 Race Team #27
9/5/09 Purchased #36962 Black 1SS/RS L99 "E-TCKT" Base Dyno 328hp/341tq @BBK meet
Mods to Date: Window Tint 5% & 15%, ACC P13W Lighting, Adaptive DRL Harness, Ghost Armor, Lloyds "SS" Mats, Dash Plaque, Flowmaster Outlaw Exhaust, Drake Front Bowtie Delete, Stealth 3457 Chrome/Mirror Signal Bulbs, Grant Revolutions Steering Wheel, PFADT Sport Springs, Sway Bars, End Links, Trailing Arms, 4 Wheel Alignment, Hurst Auto Shifter and Paddle Shifter, Satin Black Rear Tail Light Bezels
Buffnshine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 12:28 AM   #19
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neumatic View Post
Wow, didn't know Overhaulin was back. That's awesome, one of my favorite shows.
Discovery brought it back. They have ages quite a bit too.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:56 AM   #20
flyingskibiker

Drives: Cars, Trucks, Bikes, ORVs, Planes
Send a message via Yahoo to flyingskibiker
Not the first gen they ruined... Though, that one was "just" a 6cyl. Messed up a few other muscle cars, too. Sorry, I'm a "back to original" kind of guy. And iron blocks, as well... Just MHO.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:25 AM   #21
skuttduck

Drives: 2010 RJT 2LT Camaro
Send a message via ICQ to skuttduck Send a message via AIM to skuttduck Send a message via Yahoo to skuttduck
Quote:
Originally Posted by flyingskibiker View Post
Not the first gen they ruined... Though, that one was "just" a 6cyl. Messed up a few other muscle cars, too. Sorry, I'm a "back to original" kind of guy. And iron blocks, as well... Just MHO.
The two episodes I saw that they "ruined" the vehicles were well, already ruined.

The 1950 Chevy Truck, had been in the family originally but had been in a crash and had the engine replaced.

The 1967 Camaro was originally a v6, but it was re-done with a small block.

The previous seasons, Chip and the A team was all about keeping things original if they could. In both of these cases they were already "ruined" and not original. So why not just go all out?

It was nice to see the show again though. I do kind of miss the pranks and how they take the vehicles. I'll try and watch a few more though.
Old 10-17-2012, 08:44 AM   #22
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by skuttduck View Post
The two episodes I saw that they "ruined" the vehicles were well, already ruined.

The 1950 Chevy Truck, had been in the family originally but had been in a crash and had the engine replaced.

The 1967 Camaro was originally a v6, but it was re-done with a small block.

The previous seasons, Chip and the A team was all about keeping things original if they could. In both of these cases they were already "ruined" and not original. So why not just go all out?

It was nice to see the show again though. I do kind of miss the pranks and how they take the vehicles. I'll try and watch a few more though.
They never had V6 engines in a 67 Camaro, it was a straight 6. And I doubt you watched many of the original series because they did radical things to many of the cars back then. Including making a 2 door out of a 4 door, making a convertible out of a hardtop with no top to put on it. There were only a couple that I recall that they kept close to stock. So in my opinion the cars they are doing now are less radical than in earlier seasons.
Old 10-17-2012, 10:15 AM   #23
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Let's see. An old straight 6 grocery getter that now has a full TCI front sub-frame and TCI rear 4 link kit, ( i.e. modern suspension AND brakes), and an entire new drivetrain with a new 427 Big Block crate motor? Beautiful paint and color, killer interior, killer stereo etc., etc. Bet that is one rockin' first gen now baby!!! I like!
Attached Images

MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 10:23 AM   #24
Christiancoach

Drives: 2008 Holden Commodore SSV
I watched it last night. The car is killer! I have watched the show since it started. A little less radical than some of the early season cars, but this came out as one of the best. Very usable, and beautiful.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:21 PM   #25
Richy_Rich
FAVOR

Drives: Many Different Rides
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLL67RSSS View Post
Let's see. An old straight 6 grocery getter that now has a full TCI front sub-frame and TCI rear 4 link kit, ( i.e. modern suspension AND brakes), and an entire new drivetrain with a new 427 Big Block crate motor? Beautiful paint and color, killer interior, killer stereo etc., etc. Bet that is one rockin' first gen now baby!!! I like!
It was a good build; would have rather seen the standard 5 spoke Foose wheels, no stripes and a Z/28 grill combo.

Liked the rest.
Old 10-17-2012, 12:58 PM   #26
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
Yeah wasn't crazy about the wheels. However I've always like the all black, hidden headlight RS grille. (JFTR there is no Z-28 grille per-say. A non-RS Z-28 would have the standard grille, a Z-28 with the RS package would have the hidden headlight RS grille.)
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 02:09 PM   #27
Renegade
Banned

Drives: Camaro SS Edition
Send a message via AIM to Renegade Send a message via MSN to Renegade Send a message via Yahoo to Renegade Send a message via Skype™ to Renegade
Quote:
Originally Posted by Christiancoach View Post
I watched it last night. The car is killer! I have watched the show since it started. A little less radical than some of the early season cars, but this came out as one of the best. Very usable, and beautiful.
Foose makes true masterpiece cars.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2012, 05:41 PM   #28
yzrider58
Aviation guru

Drives: 10 1SS, 09 Acadia, 90 K1500 Z-71
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebbsnflows View Post
I HATE the new format :( They're ruined the basic premise of the show.

The best part of the old show was the absolute torture that they inflicted on the "victim", and the 180 deg emotional swing that they experienced when discovering the truth. I think we've all put ourselves in the shoes of the victim and tried to imagine the emotional rollercoaster that they're going on.
I can't Imagine thinking that my car was stolen/destroyed and gone forever...only to discover that not only am I getting my prized possession back...but with a 100000% improvement.

The new format lacks the same pain and anguish...thus losing the passion and emotion of the reveal. Now it's just another Custom Car show like the other 20 that are on TV.
The "victim" still doesn't know their car is being restored. I prefer the new format as they spent too much showtime on the "tricking" as opposed to the modding in the previous episodes.