Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 10-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #1
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
My day: Good to BAD.

So, today started out great. Woke up at 6:00, got to campus at 7:00, took a test at 8:00 (Which I think I aced! :thumb up and got on my way home at about 11:00.

I had an appointment to take my car to the dealership to see if I could solve some of the issues I have been having [popping window, clunking in the rear when accelerating (very embarrassing), gurgling noise in the rear after car is turned off (???), a raspy metallic noise when accelerating, seemingly coming from the engine bay or transmission, idk.) There are numerous problems.

Well I get to the dealership and explain the problems I am having. I clearly stated the metallic noise was coming from either the engine or transmission (keep this in mind.) and they take it back to the service department to look at it, and as the guy drives off with it, I notice a DENT on the passenger dear body line underneath the passenger mirror. Hopefully this can be removed, so however distraught I was, I figured I have bigger issues on my hands...

2 hours later, the guy comes to me and tells me they can't replicate the issue. I told him the clunking noise usually only happens after its been sitting for awhile, so I understand that. But I don't know how to describe the metallic noise to him. Like nobody thinks its strange, but I know its not supposed to sound like that. He didn't even mention the gurgling noise that I told him about...

These were the service guys exact words... "Since you can't tell me exactly where its at, I can't really do anything about it. I won't even know where to begin." :eye bulge: WHAT?!?! I TOLD HIM THE TRANSMISSION OR ENGINE. WE DIDN'T PAY 32,000 FREAKING DOLLARS TO HAVE A CAR WITH THESE PROBLEMS.

Why can't they just do their job and check on it. That is what they are for. I took the car to the dealership because I didn't know what the problem was, and wanted them to tell me... BUT apparently since I don't know whats wrong with it they can't do anything or even check.

//END RANT
Old 10-31-2014, 07:15 PM   #2
Kleeeb

Here's the dent. It's hard to see because of the exposure of the picture and whatnot. In person it's worse.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-31-2014, 07:41 PM   #3
rberns

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2SS/RS
I stopped going to the dealership now. I found a small service shop that does good work for a fair price.
2011 Camaro 2SS/RS, Circle D 3200, ADM Transmission Cooler, BTR Valvetrain, Cam Motion .621 .595 228/244 113+4, ARH 1 7/8 full exhaust, Cold Air Inductions, Katech C5R TC, Melling HV, BTR SLR lifters, Trunion Upgrade, LS2 Dampner, LS9 head gaskets, Bo White PTB, MM can, GFX, Subs, B&M Deep transmission pan,
Holley fuel rail, Proform valve covers, relocated coil packs
rberns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 07:42 PM   #4
Jfoster

Drives: 2016 GT vert.
If it makes you feel better I put my Tahoe in the shop when it went into limp mode with the engine, abs, traction control lights on. Sat at the dealer for two weeks and said they couldn't replicate the problem and couldn't find anything wrong.....

So sorry bout the dent.....campus idiots.
Jfoster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:17 PM   #5
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jfoster View Post
If it makes you feel better I put my Tahoe in the shop when it went into limp mode with the engine, abs, traction control lights on. Sat at the dealer for two weeks and said they couldn't replicate the problem and couldn't find anything wrong.....

So sorry bout the dent.....campus idiots.

It doesn't make me feel better, but it makes me realize it could be worse! Lol

Old 10-31-2014, 10:20 PM   #6
Evergreen6

Drives: 2023 Camaro 1SS
Sorry man. Dealers just aren't helpful sometimes. They can usually fix obvious issues, but when things are functioning but making noises that are hard to recreate and aren't affecting operation or drivability, they're not real interested in spending a lot of time trying to diagnose them. I had a similar experience on another car and it's super frustrating.

Try a different dealer? Maybe get on the horn with the service manager if you want to take it back to the same place? Ask if you can take the tech for a drive and recreate all the annoying symptoms?
Evergreen6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:37 PM   #7
Caddyroger

Drives: 2011 RJT Camaro LT2 RS auto shift
Try this make a recording of the sounds.
Old 10-31-2014, 10:41 PM   #8
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caddyroger View Post
Try this make a recording of the sounds.

It's hard to do that when you have to factor in background noise of the video, plus road noise, and everything else. I've tried, it doesn't work well.

Old 10-31-2014, 10:43 PM   #9
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evergreen6 View Post
Sorry man. Dealers just aren't helpful sometimes. They can usually fix obvious issues, but when things are functioning but making noises that are hard to recreate and aren't affecting operation or drivability, they're not real interested in spending a lot of time trying to diagnose them. I had a similar experience on another car and it's super frustrating.

Try a different dealer? Maybe get on the horn with the service manager if you want to take it back to the same place? Ask if you can take the tech for a drive and recreate all the annoying symptoms?

I did take him for a ride, but the roads around here are so loud you can't hear it well, and even though I hear it, I don't know how to explain it so that he knows what I'm hearing. My mom can't hear it in the passenger seat, either. The clunking noise never happened, but I contribute that to it not sitting there long enough. It's usually after its sat for a good hour our so. I don't know... Thinking about another dealer

Old 10-31-2014, 10:44 PM   #10
enzia35

Drives: '16 Garnet Red 1SS
Next week you'll find out that you failed the test. It always happens like that.
enzia35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2014, 10:45 PM   #11
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by enzia35 View Post
Next week you'll find out that you failed the test. It always happens like that.

Oh jeez don't tell me that!!

Old 10-31-2014, 11:41 PM   #12
LimaCharlie

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS - 2004 Silverado
Sorry for your misfortune. However, your description of the sound is vague. The metallic noise could be ANYTHING under your car, not just the engine or transmission. It's very difficult to find a source unless you really narrow it down (driver's side front suspension, etc.).
Based on what you are saying, I would check to see if the heat shield under your car is loose. If not, maybe it's your transmission mount. I'm out of suggestions unless I hear it on your car.

2004 Black Silverado 1500 2WD Regular Cab, Short Bed
-5.3 LM7, 4L60E, 3.42, G80

2014 White Caprice PPV
-6.0 L77, 6L80E, 2.92, G80
LimaCharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2014, 04:18 AM   #13
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
SMH !!! That's all I can do . Sorry for your problems OP. I know the frustration man. The hurtful part is most of these dealers correction stealers don't really give a f$ck !! (With the exception of a few)

GL with getting your girl back on the right track.

Old 11-01-2014, 06:12 AM   #14
Ron71

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS RS Convertible
Regarding the dent Google paintless dent repair (PDR) by you. Likely is about a a 15 minute and $60 repair.
Ron71 is offline   Reply With Quote