Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Other Generations > 1st & 2nd Generation Camaros

Old 11-17-2014, 11:27 AM   #1
Davese67

Drives: 1967 Camaro RS Coupe
67 Driver side window and hardware

Hi.

I am looking for somewhere to buy a new driver side window and all the hardware (U channel, Horizontal channels, etc).

I have tried NPD and Ricks and looked all over but no Driver side and the hardware. Called and looked on website.

Also is it very difficult to replace?

Thanks

67 RS
Davese67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 01:13 PM   #2
Jim Kirk

Drives: 1977 Type LT Rally Sport
I have had good luck finding window track components for for my 1977 Camaro from Classic Industries. They have a large selection of parts.

I watched a 68 Camaro being removed once, and remember it looking easy. Not sure about 67s.

I recommend you purchase the Camaro Restoration Handbook by Tom Currao and Ron Sessions. It covers 1967 through 1981 Camaros. I bought my copy for around $18 a long time ago. It probably is still under $25

isbn 0-89586-375-8
Jim Kirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2014, 06:32 AM   #3
MLL67RSSS
Account Suspended

Drives: car
First gen door internal parts are tough to find. The rear mount on the drivers window u-channel broke off on mine. I never was able to find anyone that had one that would sell it. Ended up having mine welded/repaired. Since they don't re-pop that stuff those that have it were hanging onto it. You can buy new door shells, skins, glass, and even the "regulator" assem., but I guess they all assume that you have the track parts from your old one to transfer over. Check places like http://www.chicagomusclecarparts.com/ who sell used stuff. Occasionally they'll get stuff like that in. Also check ebay. People desperate enough have just bought entire junkyard doors to get those parts.
Not hard to put in, hands and arms/wrists will get scratched up. Finicky part is getting all the adjustments right, upper stop/lower/stop/window angle, etc.

Last edited by MLL67RSSS; 11-20-2014 at 09:43 AM.
MLL67RSSS is offline   Reply With Quote