Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 05-02-2009, 09:23 PM   #1
Computerplay

Drives: 2010 1LT RS Black/Silver
Ordering Question...dealer ordered as "Retail Stock"

Ordered mine in mid April after some negotiations, was told 12 weeks for delivery which I understood but my order says Retail Stock, not a sold order. I was given an order number and no down payment required.

Question is, after May 6 unveiling, will all "Sold" orders have priority over mine, or does it go by order date? Everyone has seen how their priority system works with people ordering much later than Oct. and already getting their cars. I'm thinking it could be alot longer that 12 weeks before I see mine.

Should I/Can I demand the order is changed to "Sold"?
Computerplay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:41 AM   #2
Computerplay

OK, can anyone tell me what their workbench order says for "Order Type".

Mine says: TRE - Retail Stock

Thanks
Old 05-03-2009, 11:51 AM   #3
UCF w00t
Geek

Drives: IOM 2010 Camaro 2SS
They can change it to sold but it really doesn't matter at this point. Sadly, the sold pre-orders are not getting priority over retail stock in any way. Sold orders say "SRE - Retail Sold"
UCF w00t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:53 AM   #4
infernoss

Drives: Pontiac Grand Prix GXP
My order type is "Retail Sold." When you get your car will depend on your dealership's allotment, and your priority; your priority is listed on the bottom right of the Workbench form.

Most dealerships were asking for a deposit, but your dealer likely realizes he would have no problem selling the car if you back out. Did you get MSRP in writing?
infernoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 11:55 AM   #5
1969Fbody

Drives: 1969 Firebird
F.Y.I.,
Our Workbench form states: SRE-Retail Sold. We ordered on 10/13/08.
1969Fbody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 01:06 PM   #6
Computerplay

Yes order was at MSRP, I think that's why it was ordered as Retail Stock. I'm assuming there will be alot of orders after May 6, so if there is any kind of priority system after that, I will probably get bumped down......at my dealer and in production. Guess I'll just have to wait and see.
Old 05-03-2009, 03:38 PM   #7
BrianGriffin78

Drives: 2009 GMC Yukon
Quote:
Originally Posted by Computerplay View Post
Ordered mine in mid April after some negotiations, was told 12 weeks for delivery which I understood but my order says Retail Stock, not a sold order. I was given an order number and no down payment required.

Question is, after May 6 unveiling, will all "Sold" orders have priority over mine, or does it go by order date? Everyone has seen how their priority system works with people ordering much later than Oct. and already getting their cars. I'm thinking it could be alot longer that 12 weeks before I see mine.

Should I/Can I demand the order is changed to "Sold"?
It really goes by order date I would think. I put a downpayement at my dealership back in Decemeber, was the first person to do this. GM was not accepting orders yet. However, my dealer called me as soon as they were, which was Mid- March. I called last week and my dealer said that my car will be the first car after the showroom car. Hopefully that is a good sign. I know May 6th is a big date for them, they will likely be taking in a lot of orders, so good thing you got your order before this date. They invited me to come take a look at the car, sit in it, blah blah. They also wanted to give me my Vin #, hopefully that is another good sign. I am a very optmistic person but don't want to get my hopes up and then be told it will be even longer.

It's interesting because I have gone to several different dealers, and they tend to tell you different things. One dealer said it will take 8 to 12 weeks to even build a Camaro. If that was the case , then I can understand why GM may be entering bankruptcy, lol. If it took them 8 weeks to build one car, lol. What are they building Ferrari's?

Another local dealer got in a SS, which I am going to take a look and play dumb and ask him questions. He doesn't need to know that I placed an order already.

You'll likely get your car end of June, beginning of July if all goes according to plan, imo, maybe even sooner. Good luck to you. I hope you get it as soon as possible.
BrianGriffin78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-03-2009, 03:43 PM   #8
bobby35ny

Drives: 18 ZL1 A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianGriffin78 View Post
It really goes by order date. I put a downpayement at my dealership back in Decemeber, was the first person to do this. GM was not accepting orders yet. However, my dealer called me as soon as they were, which was Mid- March. I called last week and my dealer said that my car will be the first car after the showroom car. Hopefully that is a good sign. I know May 6th is a big date for them, they will likely be taking in a lot of orders, so good thing you got your order before this date. They invited me to come take a look at the car, sit in it, blah blah. They also wanted to give me my Vin #, hopefully that is another good sign. I am a very optmistic person but don't want to get my hopes up and then be told it will be even longer.

It's interesting because I have gone to several different dealers, and they tend to tell you different things. One dealer said it will take 8 to 12 weeks to even build a Camaro. If that was the case , then I can understand why GM may be entering bankruptcy, lol. If it took them 8 weeks to build one car, lol. What are they building Ferrari's?

Another local dealer got in a SS, which I am going to take a look and play dumb and ask him questions. He doesn't need to know that I placed an order already.

You'll likely get your car end of June, beginning of July if all goes according to plan, imo, maybe even sooner. Good luck to you. I hope you get it as soon as possible.
June/July? I'll cry if its that soon. I Pre-Ordered in Dec 08 18 out of 24 and they are telling me JULY the earliest!!

-Bobby
Old 05-03-2009, 04:25 PM   #9
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobby35ny View Post
June/July? I'll cry if its that soon. I Pre-Ordered in Dec 08 18 out of 24 and they are telling me JULY the earliest!!

-Bobby
See, I think The pre-orders happening early for people gives them priority at that dealership. The orders GM accepted were later than that, like Feb to March, right? Some folks got their cars quickly while others are still waiting. Which number are you at your dealership?

What is good for you and I, we are in the first wave which should be June the latest, imho, but it depends on the dealer and so many other factors. It's a roll of the dice, really.
Old 05-03-2009, 09:18 PM   #10
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by infernoss View Post
My order type is "Retail Sold." When you get your car will depend on your dealership's allotment, and your priority; your priority is listed on the bottom right of the Workbench form.

Most dealerships were asking for a deposit, but your dealer likely realizes he would have no problem selling the car if you back out. Did you get MSRP in writing?

My order type is SRE-Retail Sold. I don't see a priority at the bottom of my Order Workbench, but I know I am #5.

ALSO what does everybody have for "Allocation Group" Which is just above "Order Type"?
Old 05-03-2009, 10:44 PM   #11
RPO_Z28

Drives: 2007 C6Z
It goes by priority first and then if there are 2 orders with the same priority, the earlier order gets pulled first (if within constraints). When you order it as an SRE sold order, it opens up the fields to enter the sold customer name, address and phone number for price protection.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:17 PM   #12
quickdraw

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
This is a very interesting discussion but wrong. Your dealer will take your order, submit it as a confirmed order and then wait for their allocation. If they are allocated 2 cars in May then the dealers inventory manager will at that time decide what 2 orders he is submitting for production. GM doesn't make that call and it has nothing to do with when you ordered if your dealer wants to play games. At this point GM does not decide what cars and which order with the exception of constraints (which cars that they cannot build at that time). If some guy walks in and tells your dealer that he will pay $5K over sticker for the next spot, then your dealer can make that call and there is nothing we can do about it. They can change your priority at any time. You don't have a spot other than what your dealer decides to give you. Sad.....but true.
Old 05-03-2009, 11:23 PM   #13
ZZcamaro

Drives: 2SS w/ ZZ427 Package!!
It does not mean a darn thing if you pre-ordered or not...

I would say that since you are probably going to get your car before some of us who ordered more than 6 months ago...You may want to keep it quiet when you take delivery. If not there may be a mob of pissed off Camaro fans trying to find you!!!
ZZcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2009, 10:05 AM   #14
BrianGriffin78

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZZcamaro View Post
It does not mean a darn thing if you pre-ordered or not...

I would say that since you are probably going to get your car before some of us who ordered more than 6 months ago...You may want to keep it quiet when you take delivery. If not there may be a mob of pissed off Camaro fans trying to find you!!!
That's the thing. Everyone is different. It really depends on a lot of factors. If you are #1 at your dealership chances are better for someone who is at the last car on the dealer's allocation. I tried to pick a dealer that does a lot of sales volume. They have a Corvette showroom above the Chevy showroom and tend to rake in a lot of high performance car sales.

I pre-ordered back in Dec, and that did not speed up the GM process since they did not accept the order months later, it only made me 1st in line at the dealership.