Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Closed Thread

Old 03-17-2009, 09:42 PM   #29
SS 376

Drives: 2010 IBM 1SS (Former)
Quote:
Originally Posted by SummoneR View Post
you mean the 2011 model? I doubt it... not unless it's a special edition like a Bullitt or something, I mean the GT500 is about as close as they can get now, but I'd think the SS wuld still take the GT500 even...
I'd say that's not likely... I considered picking up a used/new version of the outgoing model before I settled on the Camaro. Those GT500s are incredibly fast, and a few thousand dollars gets you 550+ rwhp, if not ~600 rwhp. That's why we need the Z/28.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:43 PM   #30
Camarino
DrIvE iT LiKe Ya STOLE It

Drives: 2005 Mustang, '68 Camaro Z28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
lol there all scared i was reading how there were making fun of the interior of the camaro alot. i like it have nothing to dislike uther than the radio but after market fixes that. unlike the mustang they have the same interior for like what 10 year's before they change it.
http://mustangforums.com/forum/musta...-camaro-3.html

lol yea they were raggin on the gauges and the speedo housing and the radio

see thats the problem NO SENSE OF NOSTALGIA they dun get that it ALL matches the 69
Old 03-17-2009, 09:48 PM   #31
Camarino

and then the other dude comes in with " GTO PWNS ALL"

lol bro 1st of all you just used the word PWN u have officaillly lost all credibility

2nd it can OWN maybe after you MOD THE SH^^ outta it !!

3rd THE GTO WAS THE BIGGEST MISTAKE GM MADE IN A LOOOOOOOOOONG TIME
WAY TO RUIN A CLASSIC AMERICAN MUSCLE CAR! WHAT AN UGLY PIECE OF SH^^
Old 03-17-2009, 09:52 PM   #32
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
http://mustangforums.com/forum/musta...-camaro-3.html

lol yea they were raggin on the gauges and the speedo housing and the radio

see thats the problem NO SENSE OF NOSTALGIA they dun get that it ALL matches the 69
Uhhhhh....these are the exact same things that the GM loyalists said about the GT500/Mustang GT before the Gen5 got the greenlight for production.

Now the shoe's on the other foot and people want to cry foul. Hypocritical, if you ask me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
I'd say that's not likely... I considered picking up a used/new version of the outgoing model before I settled on the Camaro. Those GT500s are incredibly fast, and a few thousand dollars gets you 550+ rwhp, if not ~600 rwhp. That's why we need the Z/28.
And the 2010 version will be an upgrade from the 2007-2009 versions. I figure you are going to see magazines getting 12.-12.2 quarter mile times out of showroom stock GT500's and skidpad numbers that equal or better the Gen5 SS, despite the SRA. It's a great time to be a car nut, isn't it?

Last edited by garagelogic; 03-17-2009 at 10:03 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 09:55 PM   #33
25thanniversary

Drives: 92 Camaro Convt RS,2011 Camaro RS
I really think the mustangs interior is ugly even the car it's self it really doesn't even look like a mustang. i read some one said the interior look like it's from outaspace i think the hole mustang looks like it's from outaspace it looks like a egg lol.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:01 PM   #34
2Muchmark

Drives: 2013 2SS RS 1LE
Send a message via ICQ to 2Muchmark Send a message via MSN to 2Muchmark Send a message via Skype™ to 2Muchmark
I have owned Firebirds forever but I have driven a few mustangs... I think that no matter which car is faster (Camaro's or Mustangs), people will always prefer what they like, and Mustangs will continue to sell well to the sports-car crowd (like us).

Personally, I never really liked the Mustangs. They always felt underpowered, and for some reason, many drivers of mustangs seem to really hate the F-body crowd. I discovered this in the way they like to race.

Try this: Regardless of your engine or speed, anything you get into it with a Ponyboy and the light turns green, Gun it, but make sure you don't spin your wheels. Inexperienced stang-heads always gun it and lose traction right from the beginning. On a typical city street (where you can't really race more than a block or so anyway), you will always pull in front of him, and remind him once again what a dork he is.

Anyway, I always prefered the Trans Ams and Camaro's over the Mustangs for one reason: Headspace and leg room. I'm 6'3" and never feel comfortable in a small sports car. Mustangs, I think anyway, are smaller on the inside. If my butt doesn't sit just right, and if my legs can't straighten out, then I'm not a happy driver.

(I tried a Mitsubishi Eclipse last year and I could not even lower the seat enough to keep my head from touching the roof. Idiot salesman tried to sell me the car anyway, despite my discomfort. Ass...)
Old 03-17-2009, 10:02 PM   #35
Camarino

Quote:
Originally Posted by garagelogic View Post
Uhhhhh....these are the exact same things that the GM loyalists said about the GT500/Mustang GT before the Gen5 got the greenlight for production.

Now the shoe's on the other foot and people want to cry foul. Hypocritical, if you ask me.
LOL i drive an 05 mustang i like the interior bcuz it echoes the old ones, i will not be looped in with people who didnt like the mustang interior when it first came out but if the mustang guys claim their mustangs interior are nostalgic they should realize that for the camaro and..... (read below)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 25thanniversary View Post
I really think the mustangs interior is ugly even the car it's self it really doesn't even look like a mustang. i read some one said the interior look like it's from outaspace i think the hole mustang looks like it's from outaspace it looks like a egg lol.
i agree the 2010 mustang interior REALLY got away from the original design of nostalgia feeling personally the Camaro interior looks so much better, the 2010 mustang interior looks a lil too import-ish for me
Old 03-17-2009, 10:23 PM   #36
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Can-Am View Post
Don't hold your breath. No way the General will make a Camaro that will outperform their own Corvette. Ford doesn't have that problem and can supercharge their heavy Mustang into oblivion.

Those GT-500's may become collector cars someday since they sold so few from being overpriced. But what do they have now to compete at the same price as Camaro? Nada.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:24 PM   #37
Bocephus

Drives: 2011 Mustang GT, Kona, BBP, 3.73
Hey don't lump us all together. I'm a Mustang owner and I love the new Camaro, V6 and SS. Chevy did a great job with it. You guys should be proud.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:29 PM   #38
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by EarliestMemory View Post
The new Knight Rider is JUST. WRONG.
Can't wait to smoke some 'Stangs in my V6!
Wrong is Not Enough to describe it. Let me add: Disgraceful, Shameful, and Tragic what the they have done to the Stang. I'm Just glad it wasn't done to the Trans AM.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
Old 03-17-2009, 10:30 PM   #39
garagelogic
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Shelby GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarino View Post
i agree the 2010 mustang interior REALLY got away from the original design of nostalgia feeling personally the Camaro interior looks so much better, the 2010 mustang interior looks a lil too import-ish for me
I'm sorry but I don't see how you can say that. If anything the 2010 Mustang interior more closely mimics the 1968 model than the 2010 Camaro does the 1969 model.

I have my issues with both, but interior design/layout is not high on the list of reasons to buy either car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyberfan View Post
Don't hold your breath. No way the General will make a Camaro that will outperform their own Corvette. Ford doesn't have that problem and can supercharge their heavy Mustang into oblivion.

Those GT-500's may become collector cars someday since they sold so few from being overpriced. But what do they have now to compete at the same price as Camaro? Nada.
at you calling the Mustang heavy. Pot, meet Kettle.

As for sales, Ford sold no less than 95% of the GT500's built in the 2007 and 2008 model years. 2009 numbers are yet to be released, but given the economic downturn that occurred in late 2008, I figure the numbers will not be as robust.

Until GM builds a Camaro making greater than 540hp from the factory, the fanboys will have to accept that there is a factory Mustang being produced that the Camaro will have to play second fiddle to.

Last edited by garagelogic; 03-17-2009 at 10:43 PM.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:38 PM   #40
Krazy and old

Drives: 2007 Shelby GT 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by drivingincamaro View Post
this shows that other sites can have fun and respect eachother about different cars...

This site has gotten pretty bad with other car bashing Lets try to put that in the past and respect all other cars

+1
wonder why?....Currently Active Users: 771 (164 members and 607 guests)

Sorry - this mustang owner is not freaking out....

Waiting for a test drive.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:41 PM   #41
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Quote:
I'm sorry but I don't see how you can say that. If anything the 2010 Mustang interior more closely mimics the 1968 model than the 2010 Camaro does the 1969 model.

I have my issues with both, but interior design/layout is not high on the list of reasons to buy either car.
Hey- I'm impressed that you put all of that together that fast for your post!

The Mustang DOES look more like the older one, but I think interior is important because that's what you see when you spend all that time driving your car. And I DON'T like the retro guages (just put on my fire suit) on the Camaro- retro isn't always good.

Ford will give Mustangs Jet-Packs next year. They will do something.
Old 03-17-2009, 10:45 PM   #42
Camarino

Quote:

i apologize for being overzealous in my feelings both interiors did a REALLy good job if mimicking the past cars what i should have said was IMO when i look at the mustang interior i automatically think IMPORT idk why. i think the set up matches well but i think the original interior was more on teh $ with the nostalgic feel but again thats how i felt in the cars
the camaro just felt more nostalgic, which may be important to some guys or may not. one thing i did notice is that to me the camro's radio looks & sits more like it does on my '68 lol idk y

btw nice photoshop or paint job grouping the pictures i have been trying to do that forever and just wind up getting aggravated but then again i am not the most technologically advanced guy out there lol

Closed Thread