Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-05-2010, 01:55 PM   #15
X-treme Horsepower

Drives: 2010 LSX Shootout World AM Finalist
corsa borla and magnaflow are all bad ass exhausts
once you decide which one you would like send me a pm or email me and i will get you a price
X-treme Horsepower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:20 PM   #16
danhr
BAMF SS

Drives: 2016 Camaro 1SS A8
Send a message via AIM to danhr
borla's don't sound good imho.

kooks or corsa would be the two i'd consider

Stock Longblock

800 SAE rwhp. 9.4 @ 145 mph.
danhr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 02:30 PM   #17
GHL Exhaust

Drives: 2010 Camaro
You might want to check out GHL Exhaust. Here is a pic.

Name:  camaro.jpg
Views: 287
Size:  43.2 KB

Sound clips:www.youtube.com/ghlexhaust
GHL Exhaust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 03:20 PM   #18
Dangeruss
Bayoucitymusclecars.com

Drives: Camaro LSX
For the most part, you want to go out and buy what you like the sound of, but there are differences.

Companies like Borla and Corsa used T304 stainless steel. T304 is typically considered a better quality steel because of it's higher chromium and nickel content (about twice the chromium and about 20 times the nickel).

Other companies such as Magnaflow and Flowmaster use T409. T409 will over time show some surface rust, and the weld points will also turn a brownish color.

T304 systems will not rust or oxidize, so they'll look better over a long period of time.

I'm not saying that T409 is going to rust and fall apart in a year, but companies like Borla and Corsa do use more expensive materials. Just wanted to clarify, because I have seen posts where people think that all the exhaust systems are exactly the same.
Dangeruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 04:56 PM   #19
Ivan @ Southwest Speed

Drives: '15 Z06, '01 NBM SS, '97 SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dangeruss View Post
For the most part, you want to go out and buy what you like the sound of, but there are differences.

Companies like Borla and Corsa used T304 stainless steel. T304 is typically considered a better quality steel because of it's higher chromium and nickel content (about twice the chromium and about 20 times the nickel).

Other companies such as Magnaflow and Flowmaster use T409. T409 will over time show some surface rust, and the weld points will also turn a brownish color.

T304 systems will not rust or oxidize, so they'll look better over a long period of time.

I'm not saying that T409 is going to rust and fall apart in a year, but companies like Borla and Corsa do use more expensive materials. Just wanted to clarify, because I have seen posts where people think that all the exhaust systems are exactly the same.
+1

Get what you like as far as sound AND value....

-Ivan
Ivan @ Southwest Speed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 05:41 PM   #20
Riderover40

Drives: 2010 ABM Camaro 2SS LS3 w/RS
Best is Corsa IMO

Remember this: All aftermarket exhausts do three important things to improve overall performance: remove or improve degree of bends or kinks, remove or improve degree of purpose designed flow restriction, design the system to get the best sound ! All three of the big manufacturers do that without question ! Borla, Corsa, Flowmaster, Magnaflow, and SLP always had something that I liked and until upgrading my 2010 SS I favored SLP! But all of these Brands supplied one characteristic that I did not like......I still do not like it....."DRONE" ! Exhaust drone is that annoying, consistent, loud metallic humming that you hear at highway speeds. They all have it and if you travel much you likely wish you did not have it....... well take heart because there is one manufacturer that advertises that they have a system that does not have the dreaded "drone" ! I didn't believe it until now. My choices were down to either a Bola or Corsa system. The sound clips I heard were very impressive indeed and the customer reviews backed them up. Corsa was bragging that their system eliminates interior drone so I bought it. Not only do I now have an SS among the best sounding out there but I do not get any dreaded interior drone........the material is #1 and workmanship is eye candy! Happy Happy Happy I am ! Buy Corsa man !
Roto Fab CAI, Magnacharger MP2300, Kooks HO SS 1-7/8" LT's, Kook's Catted Connectors, Corsa SS Dual Rear Exit Cat-Back for A6 with Lasered Livernois Signature 4" Dual Wall Exit Pipes, Barton Short Throw. 546 RWHP 517 RWT

This Car Rocks !! "Bring It On" GT-500
Riderover40 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2010, 09:05 PM   #21
Hopper
Chevy Lifer

Drives: '13 Caddy ATS, '10 2SS/RS ABM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
The THR mufflers Tom Henry Racing pops on his cars are.....well, in short -- fantastic! He offers a range of Healthy, to Loud, to Ear-splitting...and they all sound GREAT. The Catback piping includes an X-pipe, and I believe is 3" all the way back.

Build Quality is impeccable, and the service from THR is great!
+1... THR FTW!!!