Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 04-05-2012, 05:38 PM   #15
1JEWLDSSRS

Drives: 2011 SS-RS
Thanks Pfadt, this is good to know as my springs are going in this weekend. Good job guys.
1JEWLDSSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:57 PM   #16
ActNup NY

Drives: 2011 1LT Black Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Buffnshine View Post
WOW talk about dedication to customer service! This has constently been my expierence with the Pfadt team. Great solution and thanks for the info
Well I'm glad to see that Pdaft is a stand up company. That there are still some people out here that still believes in providing great customer service. That's why I've decided to purchase my swaybars and endlinks from them. My first mod to be- yeahhhhhhhhh !!!! lol !! As for you redrocket glad things worked out for you man. Now give them hell on those mean streets brother !!!!
Old 04-05-2012, 08:12 PM   #17
1Camaro2SS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Great customer service Pfadt! Glad I installed your springs after much debate. I am really happy with them.
Old 04-06-2012, 03:55 PM   #18
madmaxx18

Drives: 07_tundra/08_zo6
do you guys ever answer your pms
madmaxx18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 04:14 PM   #19
Synner

Drives: cars
They're in the middle of moving locations.
Synner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 06:06 PM   #20
Apex Motorsports

Drives: 2000 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Synner View Post
They're in the middle of moving locations.
+1 They have been closed since Wednesday afternoon. I believe they will be back up and running Monday. If I can be of assistance in the mean time feel free to hit me up.
Apex Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:26 PM   #21
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
I really hope this works. ive had people check the car out to find out what that noise is and couldnt find it. The sound is annoying and ive tried to ignore it for the past year.

It got to the point where a month ago i ordered a front set of BMR's. I havent gotten them yet as their on backorder with Apex, so i'm willing to give this a shot.

if it doesnt work then, BMR it is.
Old 04-09-2012, 12:35 PM   #22
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Thanks for the support guys. The entire process has been extremely frustrating for us since they were sounds that we couldn't reproduce any kind of noise on our RingSpec Camaro no matter what configuration of isolators, struts, or upper spring perches we used. That's why we had to head to Phoenix to troubleshoot with Loud Pedal on RedRocketSS's car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by madmaxx18 View Post
Sorry for the delay Madmaxx. We've been swamped getting this move to a new facility in Salt Lake finished. I will be responding to all PM's here on the forums by the afternoon!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 12:55 PM   #23
TCAT

Drives: Has Wheels
I have had your your springs on my car for almost a year and they are completely quiet, so I don't experience the noise others have. However, I did read about what they were experiencing, and I think it's phenominal that a company like yourself stands by the product and fixed the issue. Customer service means everythingggggg. All of you at Pfadt are a true class act, and have a fantastic group of individuals working there from engineersto customer service representatives. Keep the great products AND customer service going my friends.
TCAT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:02 PM   #24
Harleydave

Drives: 2SS/RS SIM/Gray
Easy Solution and it works!

Guys, i installed my Pfadt lowering springs on the 2012 SS saturday. Indexed the bushings myself. I love the stance. Drove a short distance with no noise. Drove to the alignment shop Monday with no noises and had them align it to Pfadt street performance specs. When i left I noticed a definite clunking/popping noise when making slow turns or on roadway transitions. I must say I was more than a little discouraged. I had already been reading the threads about noise and was a little apprehensive about installing these springs, since this is my wife's daily driver. My springs had isolators installed like Pic 2. Today I jacked up the front end and removed the top isolator. I really couldn't see how it would fix the noise I was hearing, but it ABSOLUTELY did! I could not be happier with these springs. The ride is great and the look is awesome. Thanks Pfadt for a great product and fantastic customer support.
Attached Images

Old 04-13-2012, 08:48 PM   #25
JesusDied4U
Romans 16:19-20

Drives: '08 Z06
I just got my springs installed today. Picked up the car after shop hours and had it left outside for me and as soon as I put it in gear and started rolling through the parking lot I heard the clunking. I was surprised that no one at the shop had heard it or if they did then why they didn't call me. I'm hoping to check it out tomorrow and have the same success story.

Love the stance though. I had the H&R springs on my V6 and the rear seemed to sag a little but these Pfadt springs are perfect. Good work
JesusDied4U is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 08:11 PM   #26
RedRocketSS
BSHU

Drives: 2011 Red Jewel SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harleydave View Post
Guys, i installed my Pfadt lowering springs on the 2012 SS saturday. Indexed the bushings myself. I love the stance. Drove a short distance with no noise. Drove to the alignment shop Monday with no noises and had them align it to Pfadt street performance specs. When i left I noticed a definite clunking/popping noise when making slow turns or on roadway transitions. I must say I was more than a little discouraged. I had already been reading the threads about noise and was a little apprehensive about installing these springs, since this is my wife's daily driver. My springs had isolators installed like Pic 2. Today I jacked up the front end and removed the top isolator. I really couldn't see how it would fix the noise I was hearing, but it ABSOLUTELY did! I could not be happier with these springs. The ride is great and the look is awesome. Thanks Pfadt for a great product and fantastic customer support.
I thought the same thing. I was like how the F is this little thing gunna make the sound go away.
Old 04-16-2012, 12:23 PM   #27
NateSS
1337 AH64D driver

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
ok I followed the instructions and I'm still getting some noise. Does anyone have any other ideas before i resort to putting on the BMRs?
Old 05-04-2012, 09:41 PM   #28
ITGuy11
Burning up tires

Drives: 2023 ZL1 Vert
I recently installed these springs on my car as well. Sure enough the front springs popped and creaked during low speed turning. The noises were especially loud when turning the steering wheel left to right while the car was not moving. The noise was not faint either, it was very audible. Needless to say, I was not happy

My springs had the single isolator towards the top of the coil. I contacted Pfadt and they sent me additional isolator material. I installed the new material by butting it up against the end of the existing isolators. I then removed the original isolators, leaving the only new isolators installed.

I was very skeptical that this would solve my noise problems, but I am pretty confident that it did After I got the car back on the ground, I turned the steering wheel lock to lock and no noise I drove the car for about 50 miles including making some sharp turns in parking lots without any creaking noise. Now I can enjoy the improved looks and handling without sounding like a 1970's rust bucket!
ITGuy11 is offline   Reply With Quote