Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-13-2010, 06:15 PM   #29
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Drives: 2009 Ducati Streetfighter
Quote:
Originally Posted by justincase_2008 View Post
To me the whole SYNC was a huge turn off i know many with it and dont LOVE it like they thought they would. Yeah its cool but i dont need a high tech car i have pcs at home for that i have a smart phone for nav and all that good crap. To me a car is not a office on wheels. I would not have gotten the camaro if it had a huge "break in my car to steal me" screen. I drive to drive not play with all the toys in the car. I love the new camaro for newer safety and comfort. The new mustangs are nice but they are way over priced. Ford is damn proud of those cars.
The starting price for the GT Premium is pretttty much the same as for the SS. And as I already said, that same price gets you more speed, more power, more fuel economy, and newer technology.

I dont know about anyone else, but clicking around on your phone to get directions isnt exactly convenient or safe. The most useful application for me would be the built in hard drive. Not having to bring my Zune and sync cable around all the time to listen to my music is kinda handy.

Lastly, I dont know what kinda area you live in, but Im around Infinitis, lexus, and land rovers all the time around here, so the mustang is relatively low profile here, and for most places.

Texas Residents: Join the Texas social group!

Semper Fi!
SemperFi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:16 PM   #30
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by SemperFi View Post
He said he loves both cars my friend, and he is on a Camaro forum right now, so I'd say he's got a plenty fair opinion.
I am not sure where I said he couldn't give his opinion. I was just trying to be funny. I guess I wasn't.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:18 PM   #31
Heliwrench

Drives: 2010 Black 1SS
Quote:
The starting price for the GT Premium is pretttty much the same as for the SS. And as I already said, that same price gets you more speed, more power, more fuel economy, and newer technology.
I've read all your posts in this thread. Just go buy one.
Heliwrench is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:19 PM   #32
prostock69
Female Muscle Car Nut!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS IOM Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beemer View Post
Maybe I'm in the minority here but I really don't give a flip what Chevy or Ford do. I don't care if I have the fastest car in it's class.

I bought a '10 Camaro because it's (like me) dead sexy.
LOL!! Same here But in all seriousness, I don't care about these OEM wars. I just want the muscle car to be around forever.

MODS: Borla "S" Type Exhaust, American Racing Headers 3" Longtubes, New Era Cold Air Intake, HP Tune, Custom Ground Camshaft, Professionally Ported Heads by Darin Morgan, Ported Throttle Body, 3000 Stall Converter, and 160 Degree Thermostat.

http://www.rehermorrison.com/; http://www.darinmorgan.com/; http://www.neweraperformance.com/
prostock69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:20 PM   #33
navmaxlp

Drives: Not a Camaro :(
Quote:
Look at the number of mustangs on the road compared to Camaros on the road. Although the Camaro started out wayyyy strong, mustang still sold more units last year. Those are facts.
This argument doesn't really work. The modern camaro has only been in production for less than one model year, Ford has been producing the modern mustang for a good few years. Of course there's going to be a whole lot more on the road.
navmaxlp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:22 PM   #34
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Right, that's 100% fact. But the original argument, that Chevy cant fire back quickly due to it's commitment to vette production is faulty anyway. While that may be true, it doesn't matter to the everyday car buyer who is looking for the best value. The best value is now the 2011 mustang.

Chevy needs to introduce a more refined engine, or at least introduce some worthwhile tech on the interior to match the huge advantage Ford has with the SYNC. Seeing a huge NAV/media screen in the center stack is quite an attraction. Although the whole HUD thing is nifty, it doesnt play music on voice command or dial the pizza place to call ahead an order.
That's one opinion.

Just some counter points:

GM has found that many car owners no longer want NAV. They prefer to have cheaper equipment that they own and can be brought car to car. Studies have actually shown residuals are lower with NAV than without. But it does make a pretty pictures on your dash.

SYNC for me is not really a standout technology. It's ok that some disagree, but you are assuming that because Ford has it, then they are superior. I could tell you about the clinic participant that was sure she has SYNC. Actually tried to show they knew how to use it. Turns out they didn't have but apparently enjoyed yelling "BON JOVI" at their car. And OnStar can do everything SYNC can do but with a live operator. So again it just depends on you. And the features that OnStar offers, SYNC can't do.

The Mustang still has a solid rear axle................sorry.

So this is simply the age old debate. The GM powetrains both have more power. But the Camaro is a heavier but farrrrrrr roomier car. There are trade offs.

MY OPINION, is that both cars are outstanding. Both have loyal fan bases. Both are good for America if nothing more than keeping people interested and talking about great cars, just like we are doing here. For some it will be FE decision for others a HP decision, for others pure styling and yes there are people that believe in their hearts and minds that the Mustang is more beautiful than a Camaro.

But to your original question, will? Does GM have the will? Absolutely you can take my word for it. This car will be continually improved with some very exciting inovations, tweaks and chanes over the next several years. And you know what? I expect Ford will do the same. Don't think for a minute Ford is somehow in a differnt boat than GM. Ford owes a bunch of money to people other than the U.S. Government..............and they can't pull a Chrysler and go thanks for the money, we don't plan to pay you back though.

SYNC? Really?
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #35
BigMatt
2010 Camaro 2 SS/RS M6

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Send a message via AIM to BigMatt
z28
Forged LS3, FED M311 heads, CAI Inc, ARH 1 7/8, Corsa Xtreme, Taylor Wires, MGW Shifter, Street slayer twin carbon clutch, Tick braided clutch line & speed bleeder, ZL1 Diff Swap, BMR Split drop, Sway Bars, Trailing Arms, Toe Rods, Pro bushing kit, Carslyle racing 15in conversion, Whipple, LPE dual fuel pumps, Rx catch can, Id1300x, Alky Control
BigMatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #36
macwest

Drives: 10 Camaro 2SS/RS, 70 Cuda, 71 Cuda
camaro, mustang or challenger at least they are based on American tradition. For me... do not care what ford does the ford dealers in my area are a rip off. Every car was over MSRP and the sales people treated me as dumb. The dodge dealres tink they have gold. My camaro was under MSRP and my Chevy Dealer called me a week after I bought the car to make sure I was happy with it. Never have had better service in my life from a car dealership. I have been a die hard mopar nut but after this service I will have a hard time lookng at something that is not Chevy.
macwest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #37
BackinBlackSS/RS
Go Blue!!!!!

Drives: 2012 Cruze LT
Bottom line. Of course Chevrolet will strike back. They have already started with putting the 312hp rating on the V6 and this is just the beginning. The more I think about the thread title, I think it is hilarious to think that Chevrolet would not strike back.
BackinBlackSS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:23 PM   #38
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by navmaxlp View Post
Not according to vehicle sales since the camaro has been released
wrong.

http://mustangs.about.com/b/2010/01/...es-in-2009.htm

while it is true that the Camaro wasn't for sale as long, that 3 months is negated by the fact that the Camaro is a brand new/appealing design and was highly publicized in the transformers movies and a strong ad campaign.

Camaro has sold more so far in 2010, but you can expect that to change when the 2011 mustang sales pick up. The 2011 mustang has already received about 15000 pre-orders.

Semper Fi!
Old 04-13-2010, 06:24 PM   #39
justincase_2008
The Freak Kid

Drives: ABM 2010 SS/RS White strips
Quote:

I dont know about anyone else, but clicking around on your phone to get directions isnt exactly convenient or safe. The most useful application for me would be the built in hard drive. Not having to bring my Zune and sync cable around all the time to listen to my music is kinda handy.

Lastly, I dont know what kinda area you live in, but Im around Infinitis, lexus, and land rovers all the time around here, so the mustang is relatively low profile here, and for most places.
I live in a small town but its getting bigger every year. And i have my zune on me at all time so using the Aux cord and leaving the zune in the center counsel is no biggie to me while i drive. And i only have to set my phone up once to give me directions when i rarely need them. To me tech doesnt scream Muscle. Im not disagreeing with what you're saying cause everyone loves there car for a different reason then the next. But to me i dont need all the extra stuff thats why i got the 1SS the "striper" model as some would call it. And kuddos for using a zune!!!
justincase_2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 06:28 PM   #40
navmaxlp

Quote:

Not sure if you count this but the camaro has turn by turn navigation built in.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:29 PM   #41
navmaxlp

Quote:
wrong.

http://mustangs.about.com/b/2010/01/...es-in-2009.htm

while it is true that the Camaro wasn't for sale as long, that 3 months is negated by the fact that the Camaro is a brand new/appealing design and was highly publicized in the transformers movies and a strong ad campaign.

Camaro has sold more so far in 2010, but you can expect that to change when the 2011 mustang sales pick up. The 2011 mustang has already received about 15000 pre-orders.
Dude, the camaro has out sold the mustang for how many months in a row?

And that article has nothing to do with 2010. They even say in it that if the camaro had been out for the whole of 2009 it would have beat the mustang.

So, in summary, every month since the camaro has been released, it has outsold the mustang. Essentially, what I originally said is not wrong at all.
Old 04-13-2010, 06:30 PM   #42
SemperFi
U.S. Marine Corps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
That's one opinion.

Just some counter points:

GM has found that many car owners no longer want NAV. They prefer to have cheaper equipment that they own and can be brought car to car. Studies have actually shown residuals are lower with NAV than without. But it does make a pretty pictures on your dash.

SYNC for me is not really a standout technology. It's ok that some disagree, but you are assuming that because Ford has it, then they are superior. I could tell you about the clinic participant that was sure she has SYNC. Actually tried to show they knew how to use it. Turns out they didn't have but apparently enjoyed yelling "BON JOVI" at their car. And OnStar can do everything SYNC can do but with a live operator. So again it just depends on you. And the features that OnStar offers, SYNC can't do.

The Mustang still has a solid rear axle................sorry.

So this is simply the age old debate. The GM powetrains both have more power. But the Camaro is a heavier but farrrrrrr roomier car. There are trade offs.

MY OPINION, is that both cars are outstanding. Both have loyal fan bases. Both are good for America if nothing more than keeping people interested and talking about great cars, just like we are doing here. For some it will be FE decision for others a HP decision, for others pure styling and yes there are people that believe in their hearts and minds that the Mustang is more beautiful than a Camaro.

But to your original question, will? Does GM have the will? Absolutely you can take my word for it. This car will be continually improved with some very exciting inovations, tweaks and chanes over the next several years. And you know what? I expect Ford will do the same. Don't think for a minute Ford is somehow in a differnt boat than GM. Ford owes a bunch of money to people other than the U.S. Government..............and they can't pull a Chrysler and go thanks for the money, we don't plan to pay you back though.

SYNC? Really?
You have to pay for those fancy onstar services, whereas sync is free to use at will. It is also an optional item, for those that want the regular shaker 500 audio system, they can have it instead no problem

As to your roomier statement, that is false im afraid, the dimensions are almost exactly the same, and it has more space in the trunk.

About the live rear, you may recall Motor Trend and other magazines giggling about what they were able to do even with the live rear in the mustang. They couldnt believe it was actually a live rear, so it would seem as if Ford has perfected that technology and doesn't feel the need to fix what aint broke.

Semper Fi!

Tags
2011, 5.0, mustang gt