Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Closed Thread

Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #155
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperSport2011 View Post
what I'm trying to say is that some people can afford a v8 but don't care to because they got other hobbies and like to have more money in their pocket. They also buy the v6 because it looks badass and it's more then enough for their wants/needs. The reason some people "realize" they should have got a v8 is because of morons that have the need to go out there way to talk trash. Most people that do, have minivans or shitboxes and the v8 guys, I don't know what their deal is [probably a need to pump their ego]. Enjoy what you have and shut your mouth and let others enjoy theirs. And if you're wondering why I'm saying all this it's because when I see a v6 at the car wash or I bump into someone in a parking lot the last thing that crosses my mind is ''should have got a v8'' I just say nice car and actually ask questions so I can learn more about it. I don't live there lives and I don't make the payments so no need to talk down on there choices.
I made a post on the first page of this thread, read the next page or two and then skipped to the last page.

Thank God for this post. Some people still have good heads on their shoulders.

I am 29 years old. Married. Have a good stable job. Bought my own home in 2008 Not fancy, but a comfortable 3 bedroom, 2 garage home a good shape. I have a truck I use as a daily, and my Camaro as the sunny day driver.

I put down half of the 29K I originally purchased the car for. Been making double payments for the last year or so. Now next month, my car will be paid off nearly a year and half earlier than expected. Even after paying all my bills, car note, and other various loans I'm putting away around $500 a month. Now that the car will be paid off I could be putting away $1000 a month just on my paycheck alone (NOT including my wife's paycheck) but of course I'll be redirecting some of that extra money towards other loans and home improvements. Not to mention I live in a part of the country where expenses and home ownership is cheap compared to the larger urban areas of the country.

What's my point? I have other interests, other hobbies, and other life goals and I hate living paycheck to paycheck. So please don't tell me I didn't get the V8 b/c I couldn't afford it. I got the V6 b/c it looks great, I'd have extra money to make it look like I want, and I decided I didn't need the extra power. Yes power is fun of course...otherwise I wouldn't be modding my V6, but I kind of like the idea of a 350hp V6 as much as I do a 450hp V8. Its less power, but really for the size of the engine, just as if not more impressive. If the Camaro wasn't so damn fat I'd be extremely happy with the car.

Have fun debating you guys. The argument got old years ago.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:36 AM   #156
31B

Drives: 2014 Black 1SS A6
Send a message via Yahoo to 31B
Quote:
Originally Posted by StangKiller-SS View Post
This coming from someone that owns an SS V8 or do you claim to be different than anyone else?

People get V6's thinking that it's a smarter choice until they realize that they are paying just as much in payments and more in insurance than it costs to own a V8 and then they are also disappointed in the fact that their car isn't a V8 SS in the long run. There is nothing more realistic about owning a V6 LS/LT compared to the V8 SS when you look at the big picture and the cost of owning each.

I know this first hand as my grandad and I tried to talk my mom into getting a V8 the first time around when she first bought a 5th gen new in 2011, but she got a 2LT instead. She had a higher car insurance rate than I did with my SS even with her driving record is spotless clean, and 5-6 months later she was regretting not getting an SS. Then after only 1 year after owning the 2LT she traded it in on a 2010 2SS. Only thing she misses from the 2LT she owned is the exterior color of the car.

Listen to all the stories here of people buying an LS or LT V6 and trading up after a year or less of ownership, the worst part is that they are willing to lose $5,000 plus just to do it. What does that tell you? When people buy the V6 it's just personal preference that they feel that they don't need the V8 and at the moment they think it's a more realistic choice but words speak for them selves of what happens in the long run.

Not sure why insurance would go up more that much. I traded in my Cruze and it went up a Grand Total of $2 a month. Almost broke the bank.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:38 AM   #157
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I guess you have forgot all the threads asking for more differences between the models. You can tell the difference but the average Joe hasn't got a clue how to tell.
plus 1 , ,,,People on this site can , the average Joe doesnt know crap except how cool they look , I had a guy tell me he would choose my car over a brand new white convertible 20132ss,
Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #158
MBS

Drives: 2010 rs 2lt
Quote:
Originally Posted by AmericanMuscleCars View Post
Like the front splitter, badges, and ground effects kits?
Huh , Maybe you did not see I was talking about the 2010"s They are very hard to tell apart , thus the refresh that makes it much easier to tell apart if your into cars, the average Joe still probably couldn't see the difference of the 2014's unless you pointed it out to him
Old 06-09-2013, 11:43 AM   #159
LS3 Handler
I love the LS3

Drives: 2010 IOM 2SS Manual
I bought my 2012 1LS because I saw the Camaro and wanted one but I didn't have deep pockets. But I love my Camaro even if I get asked and have to say "yeah its a V6". It has plenty of power for me right now and looks great. I am all the time getting compliments cause most people don't know the difference in a SS to a RS or V6 to a V8. I have a V6 and im not ashamed. Now granted I love a V8 rumble and in a few years ill prolly trade it in for a V8. Yes the V8 has more stock power but it not all about the power cause somewhere there's a Supra with a 1000HP 4 banger that will wax my a**. I just personally love a V8 rumble and that's about it... plus the power but I can keep my V6 and do all kinds of mods and have all kinds of power. So at the end of the day I love all the different kinds of Camaro's and hate none of them and think no less of one just cause it doesn't have one feature or another.

BTW I see a lot of people saying good night at the end of there post. Why would you go to sleep when you have a Camaro to drive.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:52 AM   #160
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Ok I think we are done
Old 06-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #161
rtcat600man
having FUN now 13.66@101

Drives: 2010 2LT IOM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
I made a post on the first page of this thread, read the next page or two and then skipped to the last page.

Thank God for this post. Some people still have good heads on their shoulders.

I am 29 years old. Married. Have a good stable job. Bought my own home in 2008 Not fancy, but a comfortable 3 bedroom, 2 garage home a good shape. I have a truck I use as a daily, and my Camaro as the sunny day driver.

I put down half of the 29K I originally purchased the car for. Been making double payments for the last year or so. Now next month, my car will be paid off nearly a year and half earlier than expected. Even after paying all my bills, car note, and other various loans I'm putting away around $500 a month. Now that the car will be paid off I could be putting away $1000 a month just on my paycheck alone (NOT including my wife's paycheck) but of course I'll be redirecting some of that extra money towards other loans and home improvements. Not to mention I live in a part of the country where expenses and home ownership is cheap compared to the larger urban areas of the country.

What's my point? I have other interests, other hobbies, and other life goals and I hate living paycheck to paycheck. So please don't tell me I didn't get the V8 b/c I couldn't afford it. I got the V6 b/c it looks great, I'd have extra money to make it look like I want, and I decided I didn't need the extra power. Yes power is fun of course...otherwise I wouldn't be modding my V6, but I kind of like the idea of a 350hp V6 as much as I do a 450hp V8. Its less power, but really for the size of the engine, just as if not more impressive. If the Camaro wasn't so damn fat I'd be extremely happy with the car.

Have fun debating you guys. The argument got old years ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
Ok I think we are done

:w ord:
Old 06-09-2013, 12:40 PM   #162
mikeyg36

Drives: 2015 Z/28 #533
LOCK IT!

Closed Thread