Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Tuning / Diagnostics -- engine and transmission

Old 03-15-2011, 06:25 PM   #43
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
Im an HP Tuners guy so I dont know what trifecta offers

Just one simple question. Are you going to say that its not possible to get anything by tuning stock v6 LLT or you guys are going to prove every other tuning company wrong? Thats all I want to know
and basically trifecta does everything, but specially for our v6 LLT they can maximize whatever mod we have accordingly and do all the normal turning the cel off, firming up the shifts, changing shift points, etc.. etc.. and from talking to trifecta in the past, vince the guy who basically run the show said that there's nothing much more to gain in stock form, and diablo just gave up on the whole v6 tuning project after basically saying the same thing.
So as you can see us v6'ers get real happy when there's more company giving us hope but usually that hope dont live long
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 06:46 PM   #44
The Beard

Drives: 2013 2SS HWSE M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmorecam View Post
Just one simple question. Are you going to say that its not possible to get anything by tuning stock v6 LLT or you guys are going to prove every other tuning company wrong? Thats all I want to know
and basically trifecta does everything, but specially for our v6 LLT they can maximize whatever mod we have accordingly and do all the normal turning the cel off, firming up the shifts, changing shift points, etc.. etc.. and from talking to trifecta in the past, vince the guy who basically run the show said that there's nothing much more to gain in stock form, and diablo just gave up on the whole v6 tuning project after basically saying the same thing.
So as you can see us v6'ers get real happy when there's more company giving us hope but usually that hope dont live long
Old 03-15-2011, 07:44 PM   #45
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
......... I love lamp!
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:00 PM   #46
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Drives: Not a Camaro
Quote:
If we get a tune to get the maximum out of header, exhaust, intake or whatever, than isnt that something thats already being done by like vince at trifecta? Like what would be really new about that? I can go down the road to our local tuner and probably get things corrected on a dyno to get maximum horses out of whatever setup I will have.
I mean having your shift points maximized, correcting your a/f, making your shift firmer or looser, etc.. thats nothing new.
If thats where tampa tuning is headed than I am really not surprised to be honest, and vince can probably do all that and even better since he's been doing it since day one which mean more experience specifically for our v6 LLT.
What I want to know is, can there be a way to give us more power safely even if is only 15-20hp on a stock car? so when time comes to tune for additional mod we can see gains worth paying hundreds of dollars to these tuners. Right now I really can't see paying 400 to firm up my shifts, raise mph, turn off the light, or to even maximize additional mods unless theres lots of hp/tq that can be made.
Some peoples say that its worth or a must to have a tune if you have a header and intake and exhaust but how much extra horses are we really talking about that we are leaving on the table for the tune?
So unless there's someone who can figure out a way to give us more horse power gain on a stock v6 LLT, I just dont think there's a future for a tune for our v6 until we really need a tune for a turbo or supercharger. Thats just my opinion.
Quote:
You are nit picking a product that isn't even ready. You dont even know the gains and you are already flaming them. COME ON.

And what if it is the same thing as Trifecta but you dont have to email, you can go to a shop? Or it causes Trifecta to lower its prices a little since there is competition. That itself is a gain. I just dont see why you are being so negative when its not even here yet.

Yes alot of companys have tried to make a tune and abandoned us... But why are you treating TT bad when it could work?

He can't give you anymore information that you are demanding when they just got a stock car to pull its tune! They are just starting!

Last edited by GTAHVIT; 03-16-2011 at 09:19 AM. Reason: .
bossbunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:05 PM   #47
Hollywood2

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post
You are nit picking a product that isn't even ready. You dont even know the gains and you are already flaming them. COME ON.

And what if it is the same thing as Trifecta but you dont have to email, you can go to a shop? Or it causes Trifecta to lower its prices a little since there is competition. That itself is a gain. I just dont see why you are being so negative when its not even here yet.

Yes alot of companys have tried to make a tune and abandoned us... But why are you treating TT bad when it could work?

He can't give you anymore information that you are demanding when they just got a stock car to pull its tune! They are just starting!
Will you marry me? Haha I agree with you. I can't wait until numbers come out! Until then my opinions are reserved
Hollywood2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2011, 10:13 PM   #48
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollywood2 View Post
Will you marry me? Haha I agree with you. I can't wait until numbers come out! Until then my opinions are reserved
Sure!!

I know, we shouldnt startt counting our chickens yet but we shouldnt be acting rude either. Reserved is good. Just wait and watch and ask questions when the process starts moving along.
Old 03-15-2011, 10:18 PM   #49
Hollywood2

Haha yep. Although I as well as many others Including you are starting to get anxious at the potential for some good numbers....PLEASE haha

No point in flaming yet. I wouldn't even if the numbers aren't as great as the trifecta. But another failure to complete the job of trying makes me want tonsay "bring on the flame" haha. Keep up the work TT and make us proud
Old 03-15-2011, 10:20 PM   #50
Hollywood2

And haha my phone didn't show your answer. But sweet. Not that far...makes it easier...camaro lover....perfect haha. We might need to get off here and into our own private messages....haha. Glad Someone shares the eagerness and same mindset about the situations
Old 03-15-2011, 11:13 PM   #51
rhd
dirtbag

Drives: 2010 camaro LS
i would drop the cash on the tune now, with out even knowing what kind of extra power i could get. as long as it will help me retard timming, fix the speedo when i do gears and clear any cel's.....o and up the speed limiter :( its the only thing i hate about my ls
www.lonestarcamaro.com
rhd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 12:11 AM   #52
jeff4946

Drives: 2010 RS 2LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by rhd View Post
i would drop the cash on the tune now, with out even knowing what kind of extra power i could get. as long as it will help me retard timming, fix the speedo when i do gears and clear any cel's.....o and up the speed limiter :( its the only thing i hate about my ls

X2
K&N Cai, BSR Ported intake, MBRP catback, BBK long tubes, VMax throttle body, 3.73 SS gears, Zex nitrous 125hp shot, window switch, purge,remote bottle opener, bottle heater, Trifecta tune, Hurst short throw, RX catch can, Intake isolator, Ported Intake manifold
jeff4946 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 06:21 AM   #53
Tampa Tuning
Account Suspended

Drives: TAMPA TUNING FACEBOOK & INSTAGRAM
www.TampaTuning.Com

Obviously Im just an end user and we are on hold till the platform compile is released, but after communicating with HPT, Im hopeful something is released in a month of two.

They have seen the demand growing for the platform, but cant give a release date because R&D, but they are working it.

As far as gains go, I cant guess so I wont. When I get the platform and plug in to a V6, Ill give you true numbers with no fluff. It is what it is.

What the bunny wants, the bunny gets
Tampa Tuning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 AM   #54
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tampa Tuning View Post
www.TampaTuning.Com

Obviously Im just an end user and we are on hold till the platform compile is released, but after communicating with HPT, Im hopeful something is released in a month of two.

They have seen the demand growing for the platform, but cant give a release date because R&D, but they are working it.

As far as gains go, I cant guess so I wont. When I get the platform and plug in to a V6, Ill give you true numbers with no fluff. It is what it is.

What the bunny wants, the bunny gets

A month or two?! SO SOOOOOOOOOOOOON! YES!

I'm glad someone has finally seen that there is demand, so many of us are putting off mods or running around with CELs waiting for more tuning options. Not that Trifecta isn't great, didn't say that, just would be nice to have more options!

Can't wait to see numbers, trying to stay optomistic without getting my hopes to hight...
Old 03-16-2011, 07:50 AM   #55
bmorecam
Account Suspended

Drives: jealous vendors mad!! HAHA!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by badgebunny View Post

Yes alot of companys have tried to make a tune and abandoned us... But why are you treating TT bad when it could work and then you look like a butthead?

whooow... calm your nerves bunnywhat are you talking about? lol I am not flaming anybody and I am defenitely not flaming TT. If anything I am giving trifecta and vince compliment since they been around since day one, and alot of tuners came through with nothing but empty promises so I was just hoping that TT is not going to do the same but in no way I am putting them down or anything!
bmorecam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2011, 07:56 AM   #56
bossbunny
Mrs. Bunny to you

Quote:
whooow... calm your nerves bunnywhat are you talking about? lol I am not flaming anybody and I am defenitely not flaming TT. If anything I am giving trifecta and vince compliment since they been around since day one, and alot of tuners came through with nothing but empty promises so I was just hoping that TT is not going to do the same but in no way I am putting them down or anything!
Well you were being pretty critical of him. And you sure didn't sound as nice and fluffy like you are making it sound. TT isn't making the tune. HP Tuners is, he is just relaying the information to us. I know Vince has been around forever but home slice also charges a arm and a leg. And we have ALL been wanting more tuning options so we should be happy that maybe FINALLY someone else has jumped on board. How do you know its going to be a broken promise yet? It maybe, but it might not! So until then just wait.