Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 07-28-2009, 05:39 PM   #1
Sales@Hennessey

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Send a message via AIM to Sales@Hennessey
Hennessey Performance Releases Shifter Option - RIPShift!

ENJOY THE ULTIMATE SHIFTING PERFORMANCE FROM YOUR NEW CAMARO WITH RIPSHIFT

30% Shorter Shifts -- Never Miss 3rd Gear Again!

Want that extra edge over the opposition? Then you need RIPshift, the industry standard around the world for seamless manual gear shifting and performance; now available for the 2010 Camaro.

RIPshift have been industry leaders for more than ten years and have the credentials in street, stock and circuit racing applications to prove it.

RIPshift is the fastest aftermarket manual shifter available anywhere in the world with features that include;
• up to 30% shorter throw between gears
• adjustable stick height (up or down)
• positive stop bolts to reduce over-shifting and broken synchros
• rubber infused gear stick to reduce sound and vibration (eliminate up to 93% of vibration)
• ultra-sharp and direct shifting through gates, especially second to third
• pro-tension springs provide a firm but fast shift

The RIPshift's pro-tension springs make the critical 2nd to 3rd shift faster and more precise, while its polyurethane insert limits sideways movement, giving you better fedback and control over your throws.

Manufactured to precise GM standards, the shifter is available as a ‘bolt-on’ to the factory fitting.

Fabricated from 7075 aircraft-series billet-alloy, the RIPshift is renowned for quality and performance, a reflection on the exhaustive testing and development that has been undertaken by the manufacturer.

Fitting is simple and requires no modification to the car, just the basics, from a half inch wrench to a set of feeler gauges, you can replace the whole unit in as little as two-three hours.

Fitted with pro tension springs to assist the rapid shift between second and third gears, the RIPshift manual shifter also comes with a polyurethane insert to limit sideways movement and provide a positive quick shifting feel back to the driver.

RIPshift also allows you to re-use your stock shifter as it fits perfectly into the factory mounts, so no-one will be any the wiser. Just you as you pull away from the line with that RIPshift advantage.

Please see the image below of the items included. Items are instock and ready for immediate shipment!!

Feel free to call our sales dept at 979-885-1300 or order online now http://www.hennesseyperformancestore.com
Sales@Hennessey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 11:25 PM   #2
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
this is a tuning thread?
hot ss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:18 AM   #3
Sales@Hennessey

This is the only Transmission specific thread I saw when posting. I have since contacted the moderator to see about a possible move! Thanks.

James
Old 07-29-2009, 10:13 AM   #4
PolishMike

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
I wish I had the $$$ right now. After trading in an STi with a cobb shifter, I immediately noticed that the throw on the stock Camaro is RIDICULOUS.

ETA: Will you guys be offering a forum discount? Ill be honest - It looks like i'll go with the Hurst because of their discount.
IOM w/ White Stripes 2SS RS M6 #17772
Now - Stainless Works 2" Headers, Intake, Cam, tune, ect
And shepherds we shall be, For thee my lord for thee. Power has descended forth from thy hand, that our feet may swiftly carry out thy commands. So we shall flow a river forth to thee, and teeming with souls shall it ever be.In nomine Patri, Et Fili, Spiritus Sancti

Last edited by PolishMike; 07-29-2009 at 10:24 AM.
PolishMike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:20 PM   #5
hot ss

Drives: aqua 2ss l99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sales@Hennessey View Post
This is the only Transmission specific thread I saw when posting. I have since contacted the moderator to see about a possible move! Thanks.

James
looks like a great part. nice stuff JT.
Old 07-29-2009, 09:43 PM   #6
badkarma

Drives: 2010 SIM 2SS Camaro
Any noticeable increase in transmission noise? I had a GMM in my GTO and while it was damn near perfect, the noise was really noticeable
badkarma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 12:24 AM   #7
JDBeck23

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2SS/RS
Wow, nice shifter... this is the first shifter I've seen for the new camaro's with adjustable shift stops! I likey

2010 2SS/RS CGM
American Racing Headers, Magnaflow axle back, Roto-Fab CAI, Audio Integrations Sub box, Alpine Type R 10, Alpine MRP-500 amp, Pro Clips iPhone Mount
JDBeck23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 09:47 AM   #8
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by badkarma View Post
Any noticeable increase in transmission noise? I had a GMM in my GTO and while it was damn near perfect, the noise was really noticeable
At this time we have not experienced any noise at this time and I also have a display here on my desk that has gone thru alot of testing

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDBeck23 View Post
Wow, nice shifter... this is the first shifter I've seen for the new camaro's with adjustable shift stops! I likey
Thank you for the nice words.
Old 07-30-2009, 12:57 PM   #9
nards444

Drives: 1SS/RS Black
looks nice but you might have to get closer to Hurst in price to persuade people
Old 07-30-2009, 01:20 PM   #10
jpsuperman81
Yep I'm back!

Drives: 2017 Krypton Green 1SS 1LE
Hennessy only knows one price, high.
jpsuperman81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #11
Rikarus
I can't tpye!

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Victory Red
no cool knob? pretty steep price.
Rikarus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 01:31 PM   #12
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpsuperman81 View Post
Hennessy only knows one price, high.
Atleast your signature hit the nail on the head

However I would suggest members compare apples to apples. The hurst shifter is a short throw with a white know. This shifter has the upgraded bushings, springs and uses the stock knob to be completely stock looking after installation. Also the item is instock and can installed in your car in no time!
Old 07-30-2009, 01:34 PM   #13
Genevieve

Drives: 2SS/RS
I know nothing about shifters, considering this is my first stick. how is this different then the hurst. I see the height is adjustable as well as the stops, that sounds nice but will i be able to appropriately adjust them, or am I going to screw my tranny up? Both are short throws and seem to be nice but I could not tell you why. I have no problem paying more as long as I am getting a better product........ your a sales rep......... sell me.. any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks
B

EDIT: you are faster than my questions. but what will i notice different then height and short throw.... or will i not? sorry but I dont have any knowledge on this and I would love too.
Genevieve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2009, 04:41 PM   #14
Sales@Hennessey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Genevieve View Post
I know nothing about shifters, considering this is my first stick. how is this different then the hurst. I see the height is adjustable as well as the stops, that sounds nice but will i be able to appropriately adjust them, or am I going to screw my tranny up? Both are short throws and seem to be nice but I could not tell you why. I have no problem paying more as long as I am getting a better product........ your a sales rep......... sell me.. any info is greatly appreciated.

thanks
B

EDIT: you are faster than my questions. but what will i notice different then height and short throw.... or will i not? sorry but I dont have any knowledge on this and I would love too.
Did you know the worlds best saleman never sold anything? I will be happy to answer your questions though! The shifter that we offer, RIPShift, is actually easier on the synchros than the stock shifter with the upgraded springs. That also means this is a safer shifter on your transmission than the Hurst as the Hurst is just a shaft with a knob. I would say that a big difference, wouldnt you agree? The RIPShift has full adjustability for height up and down as well as gear stops to prevent you from pushing too far into the gear and damaging the synchros in the transmission.

Thoughts?