Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 11-18-2009, 04:25 PM   #393
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
does anyone here know if i change out my halo's to amber color if it will void my warranty?
I called the place in the mainland AAC they have many different colors for right at $200 then my next question does anyone know a shop here on island that would do the work for me ??

Thanks
Craig
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2009, 05:05 PM   #394
HotWire

Drives: 2008 Redline, 2004 Dale Jr MC
Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
does anyone here know if i change out my halo's to amber color if it will void my warranty?
I called the place in the mainland AAC they have many different colors for right at $200 then my next question does anyone know a shop here on island that would do the work for me ??

Thanks
Craig
Not sure about who to take it too however doing the mod will more than likely void warranty covering your halos. For example if your halos stop working then GM will not fix or replace it for you. But you wont have a problem with the rest of the parts of your car. Its the same as if you replace your speakers with aftermarket ones and the blow. GM is not going to help you out there since its not their product and or it was modded. Now if you change your halos and yourum lets say transmission or radio dont work no more than that studd will be covered. Ive been through that type of warranty issues many times over the years with GM.
HotWire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 04:34 PM   #395
Haole
2017 SS

Drives: 2017 Summit White 2SS
Boy no one has posted here for quite a while. Everyone must be enjoying their camaro's.
well if i do not make it on here before Christmas everyone have a Merry one and a Happy new Year.

Craig
Haole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 04:03 AM   #396
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
I'm starting to see other Camaro's on the road. I have seen a Victory Red a couple of times in the Kailua/Kaneohe area. I also saw a black LT/RS in the Kahala area. I was in my girlfriends Honda driving next to it one time, and going the opposite direction a couple other times. I still see the yellow one from Cutter. And tonight as I was driving home from work I ended up behind an SS/RS with Illinois plates. I believe it was black.

It's pretty fun seeing and driving next to another Camaro. I'm still up for a meet and drive if anyone can get things together.

Nash
Old 12-03-2009, 05:15 PM   #397
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS 426 hp
pics of strips

Here are two pics of the strips my brother an i did.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
tbss1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2009, 05:46 PM   #398
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

pics

here are a few more pics of what did to my car.
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
[IMG][/IMG]
2010 2SS/RS, M6, OBX 7/8" l/t headers, with high flow cats, MBRP full 3" exhaust, Whipple supercharger, 3.875 pulley, ID-1050X 1260CC injectors, JRE rough idle street blower cam kit, ZL1 fp, ZL1 fpcm, ZR1 3 bar map sensor, cold air intake, Richman 4.10 gears, BMR toe rods, trailing arms, f/r sway bars, f/r sway bar end links, BMR end link brackets, full BMR poly bushing including solid rear cradle bushings, BMR frame connectors and tunnel brace, f/r Hurst swaybar bushing brackets, Fluidamper, MGR shifter, and tune by Jannetty Racing.
Old 12-04-2009, 03:26 PM   #399
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
hey are those the faded looking gills? and if they are, where did you get them if you mind me asking?
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2009, 04:01 PM   #400
tbss1
More then meets the eye!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kreature View Post
hey are those the faded looking gills? and if they are, where did you get them if you mind me asking?
My brother ordered them for me, He does this kind of work. I'll pm you his number.
Old 12-05-2009, 07:08 PM   #401
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbss1 View Post
Bentley78, I was wondering if you got your car yet, I put some rally strips on my car, ill post some pics later.
Hey havent been on the Hawaii board in a while. Yeah i got my SS beginning of Oct. CGM 2SS, have eibach springs tint and corsa exhaust on it. I've seen yours around a few times in Kahului? We should hook up for a cruise some time.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2009, 07:10 PM   #402
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
Hey havent been on the Hawaii board in a while. Yeah i got my SS beginning of Oct. CGM 2SS, have eibach springs tint and corsa exhaust on it. I've seen yours around a few times in Kahului? We should hook up for a cruise some time.
Hi,
I wanted to know what you thought of the Corsa Exhaust that you installed on your camaro? I'm on the verge of making the final decision to upgrade. How much louder is it? Are you planning on upgrading the headers?

Also, is your camaro the LS3 or L99 engine? I'm thinking of installing the Corsa exhaust because of the AFM issues about the noise switching from 4 to 8 cylinders becoming worse if you upgrade the exhaust system and Corsa seemed to address that issue. If I was running a LS3 engine, then that wouldnt be an issue.

Thanks,
Mike
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 01:37 PM   #403
Bentley78
Rice Cooker

Drives: Avalanche Z/71, 2010 Camaro2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Hi,
I wanted to know what you thought of the Corsa Exhaust that you installed on your camaro? I'm on the verge of making the final decision to upgrade. How much louder is it? Are you planning on upgrading the headers?

Also, is your camaro the LS3 or L99 engine? I'm thinking of installing the Corsa exhaust because of the AFM issues about the noise switching from 4 to 8 cylinders becoming worse if you upgrade the exhaust system and Corsa seemed to address that issue. If I was running a LS3 engine, then that wouldnt be an issue.

Thanks,
Mike
I like it, not as loud as i thought it would be but has a great purr when you start it or jump on the throttle, if you drive anywhere that has an echo chamber like between buildings are driving past parked cars it sounds unreal! Deff better than stock.
Yes im actually looking at American Racing Headers for the next upgrade, then a Cam later down the road. I have the LS3 and the car sounds stock when at cruising speed, no drone at all.
Bentley78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2009, 06:03 PM   #404
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley78 View Post
I like it, not as loud as i thought it would be but has a great purr when you start it or jump on the throttle, if you drive anywhere that has an echo chamber like between buildings are driving past parked cars it sounds unreal! Deff better than stock.
Yes im actually looking at American Racing Headers for the next upgrade, then a Cam later down the road. I have the LS3 and the car sounds stock when at cruising speed, no drone at all.
Sounds good! I'll be installing the American Racing Headers later down the road too. I've been looking for a tuner before I install the headers. Probably have the exhaust upgrade right after Christmas and the headers in Jan/Feb timeframe. My camaro is on loan until the 20th for visiting friends since its my weekend fun toy. I can do without for a couple of weeks.

Mike
Old 12-10-2009, 08:47 PM   #405
FRKNlo

Drives: VStar 1100 Classic, 2010 CGM 2SS/RS
wow taz! can I be your friend? Your frineds are so lucky for borrowing your 'maro!
FRKNlo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2009, 08:35 PM   #406
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by FRKNlo View Post
wow taz! can I be your friend? Your frineds are so lucky for borrowing your 'maro!
Yep, and already sweating that they might get it all dinged up or wreak it. Mabye I should have loaned my BMW instead... but black interior and two white dogs shedding in a maro isnt what I wanted to do. Guess I just have to sweat it out.

Anyways, cant wait to upgrade the exhaust later this month.

Mike