Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 07-25-2010, 02:34 AM   #743
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
well im coming tomorrow morning, hopefully Z madness will be there too. i cant wait to see that TURBO!
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2010, 02:05 PM   #744
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
Ron's Auto Parts Show

Is anyone going to this? Sounds like it might be tight. Just checking. Thanks, Z
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2010, 09:32 PM   #745
Hawaii_Subs

Drives: 2010 IBM SS/RS
Send a message via MSN to Hawaii_Subs
Hey all,

Just a quick hi from Guam. Let me tell you if you want to see Challengers, they almost rival the Mustang on the road out here. New ones everywhere. If you want to see Camaros though, well, I have seen one yellow with black stripes in the week I have been here. I have been told that there may be 2 Transformer-ish Camaros here. Talk about withdrawals. Anyway, figured it was a little too quiet in here, I have another week and wanted to know if anything is coming up soon back in Hawaii.

Cheers!

James
Hawaii_Subs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2010, 05:32 PM   #746
Z Madness

Square tips

Anybody interested in the MBRP stainless square exhaust tips? I noticed a bunch of guys with the factory GFX kit but still with the stock round tips. I ordered them for mine but it won't work so I'm going a different route. U am willing to sell for cost (so basically free shipping). You can inspect them first. Let me know. Cost was $140.
Old 08-02-2010, 04:01 AM   #747
BBfan24

Drives: '10 Black 1SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Anybody interested in the MBRP stainless square exhaust tips? I noticed a bunch of guys with the factory GFX kit but still with the stock round tips. I ordered them for mine but it won't work so I'm going a different route. U am willing to sell for cost (so basically free shipping). You can inspect them first. Let me know. Cost was $140.
Are you talking about the concept exhaust tips?

Nash
Old 08-02-2010, 01:01 PM   #748
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
Z, how come they don't fit? My tuner/friend has installed quite a bit of them on GM GFX kit's. If you want I can PM you his contact info if you have any questions
Old 08-02-2010, 03:15 PM   #749
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Z, how come they don't fit? My tuner/friend has installed quite a bit of them on GM GFX kit's. If you want I can PM you his contact info if you have any questions
It's because of the Turbo. The placement of the wastegate relative to the opening make the tip portrude over 2" (even after trimming the wastegate outlet). Also, the wastegate has to adjust from a small opening to the 3" id of the MBRP kit.
Old 08-02-2010, 03:16 PM   #750
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBfan24 View Post
Are you talking about the concept exhaust tips?

Nash
Sorry, don't know what concept is. You can google MBRP to see what Im talking about.
Old 08-02-2010, 10:53 PM   #751
Andro
NOICE!!! ™

Drives: Force Fed 427
Quote:
It's because of the Turbo. The placement of the wastegate relative to the opening make the tip portrude over 2" (even after trimming the wastegate outlet). Also, the wastegate has to adjust from a small opening to the 3" id of the MBRP kit.
Yeah I realized that you had a rear mount turbo after I made the post. I'm an idiot! Lol
Old 08-03-2010, 02:08 PM   #752
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andro View Post
Yeah I realized that you had a rear mount turbo after I made the post. I'm an idiot! Lol
C'mon Andro, no big deal. I just thought you would have remembered me...JK
Old 08-04-2010, 02:32 AM   #753
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Finally back from Maui

Finally back from Maui. Enjoyed the week there, but time to come back home to relax a bit!

Heard that Rons Performance Car Show went well this past weekend. Heard that there were 26, 808camaro club members at the show. Hope some of you were able to make it.

There are two more car shows this weekend, one is in Mililani and cant remember offhand where the other one was (I attended the other one before and it was really small). I understand that the 808camaros will be at the Mililani car show this weekend if you can make it. I plan on attending that one. Hope to see some of you there.

Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2010, 02:49 PM   #754
Z Madness

Quote:
Originally Posted by taz View Post
Finally back from Maui. Enjoyed the week there, but time to come back home to relax a bit!

Heard that Rons Performance Car Show went well this past weekend. Heard that there were 26, 808camaro club members at the show. Hope some of you were able to make it.

There are two more car shows this weekend, one is in Mililani and cant remember offhand where the other one was (I attended the other one before and it was really small). I understand that the 808camaros will be at the Mililani car show this weekend if you can make it. I plan on attending that one. Hope to see some of you there.

Taz
I believe the other one is at Aikahi Park shopping center.
Old 08-05-2010, 02:43 AM   #755
taz
Taz

Quote:
I believe the other one is at Aikahi Park shopping center.
Yes your correct. Last time I went there were actually three car shows that day and it was raining at Aikahi Park. I didnt stay too long. I think mine was the only 5th gen at the show.

Taz
Old 08-05-2010, 02:48 AM   #756
taz
Taz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Well 1 week from today I fly home, can't wait. I will be checking on here for any group meets. Will be busy the first weekend. But hopefully the weekend of the 20th I will have time.

Craig
The only one that I know of is the car show at Windward Mall, Kanehoe on August 21, 2010. Starts at 6pm and ends around 10pm. Bring an umbrella or a rain jacket. The two times I have gone, been a passing shower waiting for me. At least I am stocked up on towel and some touchup spray for the car.

Hope you can make this one. We usually have our own roll of cars and would love to talk story when you get a chance. Maybe get some of your toys instaled. I am hoping my heritage grill is install for that show, but the Vossen Forged VF068 wheels wont make it in time I think.

Taz