Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southwest

Old 08-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #799
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I heard something is happening this weekend. Anyone else can confirm? From what I heard, possibly new/updated info from Monday.

Applies to Oahu...

Last edited by sting808; 08-25-2010 at 03:04 AM. Reason: Wasted post. Info verified
sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 03:02 AM   #800
sting808

Nevermind. Verified. Doh. Should've checked the other local forum first. Probably old news for some. Kapolei raceway park open house. They got backing from OHA(?) and others. Hopefully, if enough interest, they will forgo 1/8 and go 1/4. Nah, dreaming again.

See below:
KRP Open House & Status Update! Saturday, Aug 28th from 10AM to 2PM!
Bring your friends and family down to Kalaeloa Raceway Park's Open House on Saturday, August 28th from 10AM to 2PM!

We're inviting all motorsports enthusiasts to attend! Dust off your racecar and bring it down! Wax up your ride and show it off! Better yet, bring your family and friends down for a great day of fun in the sun as we announce some major updates for our motorsports community! Please spread the word, pass on the flyer, and deliver the news! We'll have some great food on hand with music and entertainment...and most importantly some good news!

For media or info inquiries, please contact Michael Kitchens @ (808) 782-7432.
Old 08-25-2010, 01:47 PM   #801
Z Madness

Drives: 2010, 2000, 1971 Camaros
I think they will get a big turnout at KRP. They have been pushing this heavily with the "big announcement" that will be made. Yes, OHA is attending as they control the land use. Also expect to have Neil Abercrombie show up. Should be interesting. They do want a big showing to prove to OHA/others that there is a huge demand for this. Also note that the Spocom is also happening at the Blaisdell. I heard they will be showing the BJ Penn fight on a big screen so some enthusiast will be at the Blaisdell, not to mention the IMPORT MODELS. SPOCOM starts at 3:00 p.m. so if you are just attending, should be able to do both.

I know most clubs are rolling in together. Is the 808Camaros meeting anywhere?
Z Madness is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2010, 06:55 PM   #802
sting808

Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
I think they will get a big turnout at KRP. They have been pushing this heavily with the "big announcement" that will be made. Yes, OHA is attending as they control the land use. Also expect to have Neil Abercrombie show up. Should be interesting. They do want a big showing to prove to OHA/others that there is a huge demand for this. Also note that the Spocom is also happening at the Blaisdell. I heard they will be showing the BJ Penn fight on a big screen so some enthusiast will be at the Blaisdell, not to mention the IMPORT MODELS. SPOCOM starts at 3:00 p.m. so if you are just attending, should be able to do both.

I know most clubs are rolling in together. Is the 808Camaros meeting anywhere?
I didn't see any emails or info posted on the 808camaros website. I heard about a ground breaking and hopefully, if massive interest, investment for 1/4 instead of 1/8. Stopped looking at the other boards back in June after heard it stalled, again.

The big question on priorities...

Import Models vs Race Track
Old 08-26-2010, 01:30 AM   #803
Z Madness

Do both. KRP is done at 2:00, Spocom starts at 3:00. Perfect timing.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:27 AM   #804
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Camaro Superfest 2010 (JN Chevrolet)

SATURDAY SEPTEMBER 11, 2010

CAMARO SUPERFEST 2010!!!!

Come celebrate with JN Chevrolet and 808Camaros an afternoon of great fun, activities, food, games, and car show for the entire family to enjoy. We will be hosting the first ever Chili Cook-Off contest between JN Chevrolet and 808Camaros. There will celebrity guest judges as well as other entertainment. Come down and enjoy the beautiful cars and fun with the entire family.

Date: September 11, 2010

Time: 4:00pm – 7:00pm

RSVP: Via Email to 808Camaro@gmail.com
Name
Total number of guest (Family and Friends welcomed)
Camaro Year

Activities: Chili Cook-Off (Must register to enter contest. Limited to the first 20 sign ups)
Car Show Competition
Vendor Displays

Games

Entertainment
Much more.....

FIRST ANNUAL 808CAMAROS VS. JN CHEVROLET CHILI COOK-OFF
Official Rules and Regulations for the Chili Cooks for the
The following rules are to be adhered to by all cook-off chair people, cooks, judges and/or assistants:

1. True chili is defined as any kind of meat or combination of meats cooked with chili peppers, various other spices and other.

2. Contestants may enter only 1 batch of chili. There will be a maximum of $30.00 for ingredients.

3. Awards:

· JN’s Best

· 808Camaros Best

· Over all Best

· People’s Choice

· Each contestant will also receive a special gift package for their participation

4. All ingredients must be pre-cooked & treated prior to the event – chili is to be brought “ready-to-eat”.

5. Contestants are responsible for supplying all of their own utensils & products relating to their chili submission and maintenance of its proper temperature for serving. Spoons and cups for use in serving chili to the general public will be provided. Condiments will also be provided.

6. Each contestant must cook a minimum of four (4) quarts of competition chili. Contestants are permitted to prepare only one (1) pot of competition chili, which will be submitted for judging. Any additional chili (Other than that which is submitted) will be for public consumption.

7. Each contestant will be assigned a “contestants number” by the Chief Scorekeeper and be given a container in which their chili will be collected at the time of the official judging. Each contestant should verify that the number on the bottom of their container is the same as their contestants’ number assigned to them by the Chief Scorekeeper. At the option of the Chief Judge, each contestant may be required to cover their number on the bottom of the container with non-transparent tape prior to giving their bowl to the collector or delivering it to the judging area.

8. The decision of the judges is final. Judging will be based on score cards which are numbered. 80% of the final tally will be from the judges score cards. 20% will be scorecards from “people’s choice.”

9. Each contestant is responsible for policing and cleaning up the area at the end of the day and removing all items from the area. No items shall be allowed to remain after the close of the Cook-off.

Judging

In this competition the chili will be blind judged (no one knows the identity of the cook) and scorecards will be based on the following six characteristics:

1. Texture: The texture of the meat shall not be tough or mushy

2. Flavor: The chili should have good flavoring and chili pepper taste (not too hot or not too mild)

3. Consistency: Chili should be a smooth combination of meat and gravy not too thin or too thick

4. Spice and taste: Blending of the spices and how well they have permeated the meat

5. Aroma: This will be a personal preference of the judge

6. Color: The submitted chili should look appetizing

There will be a People’s Choice ballot box for people to score the chili. Score cards will be collected at the end of the judging and tallied and that score added to the final tally.

Chili Cook-Off Committee will provide the cups and spoons for sampling chili and the 1 quart container for your competition chili submission

808CAMAROS Show and Shine

· Awards will be given out for the following classes

o People’s Choice.

o Best of Show

o Best 1st Gen

o Best 2nd Gen

o Best 3rd

o Best 4th Gen

o Best 5th Gen

o Need 7 trophies and prizes

Please contact me if you folks have any questions!!!

Mahalo,

Dean
=====================================
RON’S PERFORMANCE CRUISE NIGHTS
DATES: September 11th, 2010
TIME: 4:30 PM to 10 PM (4:30 start parking cars, begin clearing cars at 9:30)
345 N. Nimitz Hwy #A
Honolulu, HI 96817-5314
RON’S STORE: Ron’s will remain open for business until 8 PM.
VENDORS: Mainland vendors to be announced.
PARKING: Room for up to 175 – 200 cars.
FOOD: Will be available. To be announced.
** Open to all 808Camaro members and cars
CARS AND COFFEE

Cars and Coffee is held on the second Saturday of the month from 8 am to 10 am. We will be at Ala Moana on the following dates: Sept 11
END OF SUMMER CRUISE

808Camaro End of Summer Cruise - Circle Island Cruz on Sept 12th
- Lunch at Papa Ole's (Peanut Butter Rolls are YUMMY!)
- Will have more details next week.
Going to be a busy weekend next week. Hope some of you can make at least one of these events. Also for those looking for a car show this weekend, I believe Aikahi Park Shopping Center has one on Sept 4th.

Also, did anyone go to the Hawaii Raceway meeting? Wanted to know how it was and any good info passed out? Also how was the turnout?

Thanks,
Taz
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2010, 01:01 AM   #805
Z Madness

Taz, can anyone participate in the 808camaro show or do I have to join 808 first? I'd be interested to attend this event. Thanks, Z
Old 09-04-2010, 03:09 AM   #806
taz
Taz

Drives: 2010 RS/SS Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z Madness View Post
Taz, can anyone participate in the 808camaro show or do I have to join 808 first? I'd be interested to attend this event. Thanks, Z
Good question. Might want to ask Dean. I'm pretty sure anyone with a camaro is welcome, but best to confirm with Dean.

Just heard my wheels should be done by tuesday and ready for shipment. Cant wait to get them installed.

Mike
taz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 12:46 AM   #807
Cabrera
Freightrain Coming Ur Way

Drives: V8-1968 & V6-2000 & V6 2010 Camaros
Hello everyone...... been on vacation here on oahu in kailua since Thursday. Got a red camaro rental for a day and took it back.... gets expensive. While cruisin that one day, I saw a black at the market, a white one and a cgm.

Now got this little hamster kia soul for the rest of the time I'm here. I've been sight seen and have pretty much cruised the entire island and what not but would like to hang out at bar and have a few beers. So what are some good places to eat and after hours of course drink?

Thanks in advance

Oh yeah...... what's with all the mustangs? I know the majority are rentals but DAMN!

Last edited by Cabrera; 09-06-2010 at 01:08 AM.
Cabrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 01:04 AM   #808
Cabrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
I'm in the mainland on vacation so won't make any gatherings until after Sept.12. Been up and down California and only seen a couple Camaro's so far. Going to Arizona now then to Vegas.

Craig

Hey Craig, should go into the california forum and hit up the So Cal Family.... I know they just had meets this weekend and cruises as well. There will be more this weekend coming up in Irvine......

For arizona, there is one big cam5 club and if I remember correct all meet once a month and a few during the weekends as well.

Hope this helps

Last edited by Cabrera; 09-06-2010 at 10:24 PM.
Cabrera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2010, 10:16 PM   #809
Cabrera

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haole View Post
Thanks, I just arrived I'm Vegas. Thinking of meeting up at a shop with member Andro. I posted a few messages ok the Vegas thread. I'm trying to find where i can get vinyl to do my bowties

I got some vinyl left over from mine.... if I was there.... will you be cruisin LA again? And when? I'll be back on wednesday
Old 09-07-2010, 01:08 AM   #810
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
if you need vinyl craig, i got ALOT of gloss black and some gloss white that i dont use anymore. let me know if you need them, thinking about tossing them out soon.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 08:18 PM   #811
Kreature

Drives: Summit White 1LT/RS
yeh sure no problem, let me know when your available. Its gloss black but its not precut, so your going to have to trim the excess. i think this is the best way to blackout your bowties. i bought a precut bowtie awhile ago and i found it doesn't exactly fit the way you want it to and thats why i bought a roll of vinyl.
Kreature is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2010, 10:13 PM   #812
Z Madness

Anyone going to the 808Camaro show at JN this weekend?