Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Member Car Journals

Old 06-16-2011, 09:34 AM   #1429
bi11ymc
"Silver Street"

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by PQ View Post
Ok. So what kind of waranty will I have with them? Any? Just labor?
Before I had my work done they emailed me a 90 day warranty document. I can look it up but it would be best to have them email you a current one.

CAI Inc., ARH LT Headers with Cats, Borla Touring Cat-Back; Pfadt Coil Overs, Sway Bars, End Links, and Trailing Arms; Comp Cams Blower Cam, Dual Springs, Push-Rods, and Lifters; GM LS2 Lifter Trays, 6.2 MLS Head Gaskets, Crank Bolt, and LS2 Front Cover; 3-Bolt Conversion Timing Gear, Katech C5R Timing Chain, ARP LS2/LS3 Head Bolt Kit, Melling Hi Volume Oil Pump, TVS 2300 Supercharger (Black); Build by Vengeance Racing; Custom Tune by Vengeance Racing
bi11ymc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 09:46 AM   #1430
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Originally Posted by bi11ymc View Post
Before I had my work done they emailed me a 90 day warranty document. I can look it up but it would be best to have them email you a current one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Jkel View Post
I feel you Kyle, mine was done at Vengeance and they take care of me but then again I do not race it.

I was impressed when I did my mods that Ron suggested that I change the oil pump because in his words " They are junk" so I did. Then 3 months later the TSB came out, Whew glad I listened to him.

I know my engine is not Bullet Proof and if something breaks it is on me, but Vengeance is real good about listening and answering any questions I have when I " Hear " a noise that I do not recognize. The funny thing about it is they run it harder than I do when I take it in.

As Ron always tells me " Boy Drive it like you stolt it"

I was so concerned about blowing it up that he actually waited to dyno it until I got their to pick it up. He raised the rev limiter to around 7400 rpms to show me what it would do, show me I wouldn't blow it up by driving it and actually made four different runs at 7400 rpms. Of course they lowered the rev limiter back down to 6200 before I left. Made me feel alot more comfortable about what I had done to my car.

Hopefully I do not have any defective internal parts but I guess time will tell that story, but if for some reason it does tear up Ron will get to do his magic and build me another one.
I'll bet my knock/tick is from a failing oil pump.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle.Gilmour View Post
well.. from a guy that has been to a few different raceshops...

let me tell you.. you better ask... and even if you do..... some shops... wont mention names any more... will not honor it. Make sure to get warranty stuff in writing... specially when it comes to high hp motors

Quote:
You know I have never asked that question, but I am sure it is a standard race shop warranty whatever that means.

I know I have had the one issue with the ricker arm and rocker tray and they took care of it for me. I had to make them take the money for the parts ( 42.00) but I guess mine is different cause I don't track mine, more of a crusier and not a DD, I only have 9000 niles on it and I got it 7/1/09 I know, Ron fusses at me and tells me to DRIVE IT like I stolt It.

Tick Tick Tick, NOW I remember, I had this ticking noise when I initially had mine worked on by the shop in Alabama, everyone told me it was just valvetrain noise, well one Ron got the rocker arma nd rocker tray thing took care of I had no more ticking. Just a thought.

I am sure they will look at all this when they take care of your car.
Ask Chris... LMAO, I CRINGE when my car is on the dyno.

You couldn't drive a needle up my ass with a sledge hammer when that engine revs like that.
Old 06-16-2011, 10:58 AM   #1431
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
[QUOTE=PQ;3346323You couldn't drive a needle up my ass with a sledge hammer when that engine revs like that. [/QUOTE]

Charlie and Ron get a kick out of me when they Dyno'd my car. I was like you are going to blow it up, my car has never been that high. Ron said oh yes it has, then Charlie stomped it. What made it especially nerve racking was the cut outs were open and it was screaming and of course the fear of it shooting out the door because a strap broke. Funny thing is I wasn't watching anything but the MPH and when it hit 191, I just shook my head.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:02 AM   #1432
PQ
Booooosted.

Shoot out the door........ LMMFAO!!!!!!

That's not a worry of mine. Mines just a rod or spring or whatever. I just keep waiting for the boom and flames. LOL
Old 06-16-2011, 11:08 AM   #1433
Dr Jkel
and MR. HYDE

Drives: 2010 2SS RJT/BLK 6Spd Man
Quote:

Shoot out the door........ LMMFAO!!!!!!

That's not a worry of mine. Mines just a rod or spring or whatever. I just keep waiting for the boom and flames. LOL
Oh Charlie told me " Don't stand in front of the car in case the straps break" I had visions of my car shooting out the door like some horror movie gone wrong. Of course they were messing with me about that.

I kept looking at Charlie and he just smiled as it rev'd. I was waiting for him to mess with me and turn the car off and go "Uh Oh" I would have shit a brick/but they didn't play any jokes on me about that.
Dr Jkel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 11:32 AM   #1434
SSE 4 2SS
Boosted Moderator

Drives: Bone Stock LS3
Send a message via AIM to SSE 4 2SS Send a message via Yahoo to SSE 4 2SS
Quote:

You couldn't drive a needle up my ass with a sledge hammer when that engine revs like that.
I don't think any sledge hammer is needed... Just line the needle up and it'll disappear in a hurry, I'm still trying to find the leather plug missing from my passenger seat....

Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

“If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough.” Mario Andretti

If you can turn, you ain't going fast enough...
SSE 4 2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 12:20 PM   #1435
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Oh Charlie told me " Don't stand in front of the car in case the straps break" I had visions of my car shooting out the door like some horror movie gone wrong. Of course they were messing with me about that.

I kept looking at Charlie and he just smiled as it rev'd. I was waiting for him to mess with me and turn the car off and go "Uh Oh" I would have shit a brick/but they didn't play any jokes on me about that.
lol, Just before the first pull I asked Mike if he'd ever blown a car up on a dyno and he comfortingly said, "Bunch of times"........ Name:  huh.gif
Views: 234
Size:  322 Bytes

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSE 4 2SS View Post
I don't think any sledge hammer is needed... Just line the needle up and it'll disappear in a hurry, I'm still trying to find the leather plug missing from my passenger seat....
LMAO!!!!!!!!!!! No doubt. hahaha
Old 06-16-2011, 12:46 PM   #1436
Mr Twisty

Drives: the 2nd amendment home
sick puppies... the lot of ya
Old 06-16-2011, 02:28 PM   #1437
Darth_Emma
Psssssssssshhhhhhhhhhhhh!

Drives: under contruction
I must be odd... when my car is on the dyno, I think it's the sweetest sound I've ever heard! Maybe I just don't know enough to clench.
Darth_Emma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2011, 02:31 PM   #1438
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterCamaro69 View Post
sick puppies... the lot of ya

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth_Emma View Post
I must be odd... when my car is on the dyno, I think it's the sweetest sound I've ever heard! Maybe I just don't know enough to clench.
Well, if you installed the mods yourself you would.
Old 06-16-2011, 02:40 PM   #1439
Darth_Emma

Quote:

Well, if you installed the mods yourself you would.
Maybe that's true. I wonder how things would unfold (warranty wise) if the motor went kerflooey on the dyno? (sorry for the technical jargon)
Old 06-16-2011, 02:51 PM   #1440
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Maybe that's true. I wonder how things would unfold (warranty wise) if the motor went kerflooey on the dyno? (sorry for the technical jargon)
Well, I have dynoed at shops that have a disclaimer you sign that says if it blows up, it's your problem.

As far as a shop that had just done mods on your car it would be interesting to know how they'd react.

Covered be the shop?

I bet only after they take it apart and determine it was a part THEY did.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:04 PM   #1441
Darth_Emma

Quote:
Well, I have dynoed at shops that have a disclaimer you sign that says if it blows up, it's your problem.

As far as a shop that had just done mods on your car it would be interesting to know how they'd react.

Covered be the shop?

I bet only after they take it apart and determine it was a part THEY did.
I have been dealing with IPS long enough to know they'd take care of me if there was ever a problem. I guess it's that confidence that make me not worry so much while my car is on the dyno.

Has your car gone off to Vengeance?
Old 06-16-2011, 03:15 PM   #1442
PQ
Booooosted.

Quote:
Has your car gone off to Vengeance?
Still waiting on Ron to call.

He said he wants to pick it up tomorrow.

Tags
camaro of the week, the circle