Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 11-29-2010, 02:37 PM   #155
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeSVX View Post
Don't count on that. My Subaru SVX is 1 of 1500 made the same model year. That includes all colors. It's worth a wopping $3000.
I traded it in at the end of August anyway. GREAT car. Best I've ever owned, but it didn't meet my needs anymore.
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:03 PM   #156
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
You can buy one soon. It's the Caprice. Of course you need a badge to get it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 03:09 PM   #157
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post
You can buy one soon. It's the Caprice. Of course you need a badge to get it.
Chevrolet Caprice PPV = Holden WM Caprice (based more on the WM Statesman until it was killed).

Pontiac G8 = Holden VE Commodore.

Very different cars.
Old 11-29-2010, 04:19 PM   #158
cozbyrt

Drives: 2011 Buick Regal CXL turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by djinva View Post
http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...evy/index.html

Check out this link, looks promising for the new Chevy G-8!
Thank you for the link but I saw that on GMI last week. I was hoping he might give us some new information like a name and when we might see it.
Old 11-29-2010, 08:18 PM   #159
ArkySS
Camaroless for now...

Drives: 2014 Blue Topaz Silverado
Lumina or Chevelle?
Old 11-29-2010, 11:04 PM   #160
BlissStreet
High Plains Drifter

Drives: Captiva 3.2, Aveo 1.6
Having driven the Lumina SS and CSV, I'll be honest with you, it handles like a tank. Why would you want it to be brought to the US? It's a family sedan that evolved into a wanna-be muscle car. Just sit in the back seat and you'll see what I mean. To get it to handle anything like a sports car, you need to do some serious work to the suspension. And the gearbox....needs help.

Wouldn't it make more sense in the current GM like up to bring back the Solstice rather then have 2 large muscle cars? One muscle and one small coupe wouldn't be cannibalizing sales from one another while at the same time giving consumers sporty options. If they start bringing back multiple large heavy V8 options, they would be making the same old mistakes, imo.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #161
Entaille

Drives: 2018 Camaro 2SS
I don't think so. GM does not have a entry / mid range four door powerful car. currently if you want a four door with some balls you have to get the cts-v. this is the appeal that the G8 brought to the table.

I think there is room and reason for it in the market.

Entaille is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 11:25 PM   #162
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissStreet View Post
Having driven the Lumina SS and CSV, I'll be honest with you, it handles like a tank. Why would you want it to be brought to the US? It's a family sedan that evolved into a wanna-be muscle car. Just sit in the back seat and you'll see what I mean. To get it to handle anything like a sports car, you need to do some serious work to the suspension. And the gearbox....needs help.

Wouldn't it make more sense in the current GM like up to bring back the Solstice rather then have 2 large muscle cars? One muscle and one small coupe wouldn't be cannibalizing sales from one another while at the same time giving consumers sporty options. If they start bringing back multiple large heavy V8 options, they would be making the same old mistakes, imo.
Yes, a car that has drawn multiple comparisons to the BMW M5 and was described by many automotive journalists as "the poor man's M5," lauded for its excellent balance of power and handling, combined with a near 50-50 weight distribution, is a wanna-be muscle car.

The G8 most likely had an immense amount of performance upgrades when compared to the Lumina SS.
Old 11-29-2010, 11:54 PM   #163
BlissStreet
High Plains Drifter

Drives: Captiva 3.2, Aveo 1.6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Entaille View Post
I don't think so. GM does not have a entry / mid range four door powerful car. currently if you want a four door with some balls you have to get the cts-v. this is the appeal that the G8 brought to the table.

I think there is room and reason for it in the market.
I can see the appeal, don't get me wrong. But the Lumina SS isn't an entry level car. It sells for about 60,000 USD in South Africa and 40,000 USD in the UAE. I don't have the MSRP for the G8, but as an imported car, I doubt it would be considered entry level in the US.

The Lumina CSV is a hoot to drive, and getting it out on a track makes for a good day of hooning. But it does have some body roll issues, the 2->3 shift is awful, and like the Camaro, under steers like crazy out of the box. But it would take a rather lot of moding to get it near an M5 on a track, and that is from first hand experience. But looking at the lineage of the Lumina, it's a family sedan on steroids. And you feel that driving it. (of course, if you have 2 kids and need something more fun then the American Minivan experiance, then it's perfect!)
Old 11-29-2010, 11:57 PM   #164
FenwickHockey65

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlissStreet View Post
I can see the appeal, don't get me wrong. But the Lumina SS isn't an entry level car. It sells for about 60,000 USD in South Africa and 40,000 USD in the UAE. I don't have the MSRP for the G8, but as an imported car, I doubt it would be considered entry level in the US.

The Lumina CSV is a hoot to drive, and getting it out on a track makes for a good day of hooning. But it does have some body roll issues, the 2->3 shift is awful, and like the Camaro, under steers like crazy out of the box. But it would take a rather lot of moding to get it near an M5 on a track, and that is from first hand experience.
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/...est/index.html

http://www.autoblog.com/2008/11/21/i...ontiac-g8-gxp/

I rest my case.
Old 11-30-2010, 02:08 AM   #165
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
when the 2011 charger sales show up I won't be surprised if chevy announces the caprice.
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2010, 07:43 PM   #166
cozbyrt

Drives: 2011 Buick Regal CXL turbo
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkySS View Post
Lumina or Chevelle?
I think Chevelle would be the best name imo. The ute would obviously be the El Camino.