Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > Specific Packages / Variants > 6th gen Camaro 1LE

AWE Tuning

Old 03-22-2019, 08:50 AM   #1
madscotsman

Drives: 2018 SS 1LE
ACS Side Skirts

Anyone else have this problem with these? Just noticed it when I sprayed my car off yesterday. I reached out to ACS but not sure what they can/will do about it? Seems like they should be a little more resilient to road debris. Car has 4000 miles on it and they have only been on the car for 3000. I replaced the Goddyears with Bridgestone 980AS's before these were installed. Not sure what I can do to fix this if they tell me i'm outta luck. Can't just remove them either because of the holes you have to drill for the rivets. Sorry for the sideways pics...
Attached Images

madscotsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:33 AM   #2
RyanR3KC
"1/LE Rebel Alliance"

Drives: 18 Black 1SS 1LE “Siouxsie
i plan on doing the RPI Designs rock guards in the wheel wells first before doing side skirts
RyanR3KC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 09:52 AM   #3
madscotsman

This is in front of each rear tire. It looks to me like the damage came from under the car though rather than from the tires throwing up debris?!?! I have the ACS rock/splash guards on the front wheel-wells and the OEM color matched rock/splash guards on the back of the rear wheel-wells.
Old 03-22-2019, 11:25 AM   #4
kropscamaro16

Drives: 2016 1ss camaro
its fiberglass so nothing you can really do it about it and not really their fault goodluck!
Old 03-22-2019, 12:09 PM   #5
Gen6_1Le

Drives: 2018 Camaro 1Le
Quote:
Originally Posted by madscotsman View Post
This is in front of each rear tire. It looks to me like the damage came from under the car though rather than from the tires throwing up debris?!?! I have the ACS rock/splash guards on the front wheel-wells and the OEM color matched rock/splash guards on the back of the rear wheel-wells.
In front of the tires I think would be the splitter, behind would be the side rockers and would take anything kicked up from the tires.
Gen6_1Le is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 03:26 PM   #6
Warrior102

Drives: 2018 2SS 1LE Black
IMHO not their fault, a rock to the windshield wouldn't be GM's responsibility. That said it looks like an easy fix whether you use fiberglass, bondo or epoxy. Off topic but how are those tires working out, noise, traction, overall opinion? If you read the reviews on Tire Rack they are the best thing since sliced bread or louder than tractor tires and suck at everything and excel at nothing.
Warrior102 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2019, 07:02 PM   #7
madscotsman

I know it's not their fault, just thought they would be able to withstand some road debris or they would be a little thicker where they meet the wheel wells. No way to fix these unless there's a way to add some support from behind them to bond a patch to. And that's after drilling out all the rivets (like 22) holding them on. They are pretty thin. ACS said they hadn't seen this since their Gen5 rockers and that was when people drove down gravel roads. Then they accused me of driving over a curb with the rear tires. The offered me replacements with a $200 discount since I was beyond any possible warranty after 3 months. I'm thinking they got tore up driving through these damn blacktop pothole patches that are impossible to avoid here in Indiana after this winter.

The tires are working great and a million times better on wet roads than the stock goodyears. I haven't noticed any road noise and they work fine for me on the dry roads as well without any traction issues but I don't track my car.