Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 10-20-2006, 02:45 PM   #1
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4dr
Chevy needs to take this idea from Dodge

I know that Hot Rod Magazine made a survey about the Camaro, but Chevy should follow in the steps of what Dodge has done. On their website you can "Build and Price" the new Avenger concept just like any other production vehicle. Chevy could really get some good input from potential buyers with this idea. It would also be a good way to get more "buzz" about the production version.

Here's a link:
Avenger Build and Price
Urthman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2006, 08:11 PM   #2
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
I know that Hot Rod Magazine made a survey about the Camaro, but Chevy should follow in the steps of what Dodge has done. On their website you can "Build and Price" the new Avenger concept just like any other production vehicle. Chevy could really get some good input from potential buyers with this idea. It would also be a good way to get more "buzz" about the production version.

Here's a link:
Avenger Build and Price
But, keep in mind that Dodge can do this because even though the Avenger is called a "concept", that is essentially the same exact vehicle that will be available early next year. The Camaro isn't nearly as close to being available for order/production yet. But as the Camaro gets close to being available for order I'd love to see something like this for the car also.
Tran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2006, 07:47 AM   #3
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

That's true, but why not do something similar to this and the Hot Rod survey to help them make final decisions? It's always better to have as much input from your clients as possible.
Old 10-23-2006, 08:40 AM   #4
Casull

Drives: Chevy Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by Urthman View Post
That's true, but why not do something similar to this and the Hot Rod survey to help them make final decisions? It's always better to have as much input from your clients as possible.
My guess is becasue of marketing reasons. If GM puts something like that on their website then they are endorsing it and setting expectations. What then happens if the customers expect that what is on their website will also appear in the production model. You will either have pissed off customers because they do not like what they see on the website even though the production model may be different or you have customers who are pissed when the car is actually released becasue they expected to see the options in the camaro that were on the website but did not make it intot he car. Either way it is a lose lose situation. Plus if they continue saying nothing then it builds anticipation.
Casull is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2006, 01:25 PM   #5
fierocamaro
69 Camaro lover

Drives: 1969 Camaro
I think Urthman is right. chevy should pick up on that idea. I think they would sell so much more with people willing to pay a higher amount.
Old 10-29-2006, 01:12 AM   #6
TAG UR IT
www.Camaro5store.com

Drives: 2014 ZL1 #705
Nope. Not a good idea. Potential buyers would give input and then be let down when a certain something wasn't offered in the regular production version. They could possibly feel let down like GM wasn't listening to them and just say, "screw that". If GM wanted anyones opinion, all they would have to do is sit down on any computer and go to any camaro related website. Plus, the big guys from GM are already talking to fbody owners who have owned 3,4,5+ Camaros in their time. They get their information directly from the source. Not from people who just happen to take a poll on a car they would never buy anyway. Polls can be skewed...especially by people who have no idea about the true legacy that Camaro is. An opinion from a face to face 3rd time Camaro owner is much more valuable.

No GM survey for me, thanks.
TAG UR IT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2006, 07:19 AM   #7
Moose

Drives: '99 Camaro SS #1392
I'm with Tag. GM would gain alot more "useable" information/opinions/thoughts, etc., from actual f-body owners, ie; focus groups as opposed to surveys.
Moose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2006, 01:25 PM   #8
Urthman
Future Camaro Owner

You may be right, but having owned only one Camaro previously I don't fall in to that category.
Old 12-15-2006, 10:55 AM   #9
LowRider
LowRider

Drives: 1992 Camaro Z28 & 1996 S-10
Send a message via AIM to LowRider Send a message via Yahoo to LowRider
Sorry but i agree w/ tag too.
LowRider is offline   Reply With Quote