Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Audio, Video, Bluetooth, Navigation, Radar, Electronics Forum

Old 06-16-2013, 10:38 PM   #127
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
thanks - the reliability reviews are pretty terrible - I have owned a lot of infinity marine stuff with good resutls but why take chances - I'll return it thru Amazon..just bought a bazooka powered sub that looks like it has good reviews of reliability...

Bazooka BTA10250D BT Series 10-Inch 250-Watt Class D Amplified Tube
Are to only buying this because the Rockford unit is back ordered? Of course you have the final day in what you spend your $ on but I highly recommend this unit for our cars. I wish the 12" model would have fit because I wanted that one and settles on the 10". The 10" is perfect.
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 10:39 PM   #128
Glen e
Retired from Car mfrs....

Drives: 2LT RS/HR-V
no one has the RF...
Glen e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 11:07 PM   #129
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen e View Post
no one has the RF...
What does that tell you? Everyone is buying them, they are worth the wait, trust me. I think it took mine like 3 weeks from when I ordered to ship out.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:52 PM   #130
Glen e

well after all was said and done, I stayed with the Infinty and if it blows before warranty, I'll get a new one and if after, I'll order up something else. Money not too much of a concern for me. The install was easy using the ******** harmess - using the front RCA's acc to ********. I also found as everyone did here, to fire the sub rearward. It gets great bass for my ears. Just need some slit loom to hide some of the wiring seen here. Big 3/8 in zip ties secure it from the top.

Last edited by Glen e; 06-18-2013 at 10:08 PM.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #131
45thCamaro

I was going through my garage, and I think I found out of those mounting brackets for it if you ever need a spare. I may still have the control box too, have to look for it.
Old 06-28-2013, 08:53 AM   #132
mpieszala

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT
Question It has arrived :)

So mine arrived yesterday and I'm anxious to get started.
I plan to install the same as you, but had one question.
What did you purchase/use to run the power? I've seen amp install kits but I don't really need all of that. I believe I just need a a fused positive and a ground. I'm guessing you used 4 gauge?

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigVic View Post
Well, I finally upgraded my 2012 1LS non-BA system with a simple powered sub install for the trunk. I went with the Rockford Fosgate Punch P300-10, It's a 10 " sub.

The sub is great, I really like it. It was around one hundred fifty bucks shipped at Sonic Electronix.
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_...e-P300-10.html

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_575P300...10.html?tp=114

Here is a link to the manual/instructions for the sub:
http://a248.e.akamai.net/pix.crutchf.../575P30012.PDF

The install was super easy. Pos to battery, neg to bolt in trunk. Used speaker level inputs. I tapped into the rear speaker...easy. I did not need a separate turn on wire, as the sub turns on when an incoming audio signal is detected , and off when no audio signal.

No line output converter is needed. Just connect the pos/neg from the sub to the pos/neg of your rear speakers. I just used a t-tap so I didn't even cut the wire.
Here are the colors for the +/- for both the rear non-BA speakers (option code UQ3).

======================
Left (drivers rear):
(-) Yellow
(+) Brown

Right (pass. rear):
(-) Light Blue
(+) Dark Blue
===================

The only thing I needed to run up front is the PNC rotary control. Controls the bass level. It is optional, but it's a no-brainer install so you can fine tune the bass. If not, all the controls for boost/output would be in the back.

It also fits perfect. Push it all the way back, and it fits perfect, like it was made for the Camaro. Just used a little velcro. I'll post a pic later.

The sound is very good, and I can easily make the rear view mirror shake. Glad I made the purchase. It gives the stock stereo that missing low end punch that was missing without spending all that much.

Forum user Hayden installed the 12" version, and he is also quite pleased.
mpieszala is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #133
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpieszala View Post
So mine arrived yesterday and I'm anxious to get started.
I plan to install the same as you, but had one question.
What did you purchase/use to run the power? I've seen amp install kits but I don't really need all of that. I believe I just need a a fused positive and a ground. I'm guessing you used 4 gauge?

Thanks
And you need some t taps for the speaker inputs.
Old 06-28-2013, 09:56 AM   #134
Glen e

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
And you need some t taps for the speaker inputs.
LOL - I had to buy a pack of 48, so if you need some.....

But I was surprised how much better the sub feed was using the RCA's of the ******** kit vs the speaker taps. I had full continuity from the taps so I know they were hooked up correctly and to the right wires, but the rca's in the subthunmp increased the signal a significant amt. Also, I planned at the time I got the harness that I would be doing a amp upgrade, and the harness is used in that application as well, so purchasing it for the sub was logical.
Old 06-28-2013, 10:24 AM   #135
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
I just installed mine also (P300-10), and I really like it. I keep it on like 10-15% gain as it fills the deep sound that was missing before.

Anything higher than 20% is pretty obnoxious and will draw unneeded attention.

I have the BA system and I stole the signal from a rear 6x9 deck speaker that was busted anyways. I can check on the color of the OEM wires used if anyone needs this info.

I used 8 gauge wire that came in this http://www.amazon.com/KIT-2-Complete...ds=boss+wiring

I found that it works better to get a Monster cable (composite RCA) as the signal conductors are much bigger and make installation easier (since you need to cut the coax cable to tap into the 6x9s. The RCA style connectors in the Boss install kit were extremely thin conductors which was a pain.
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 01:07 PM   #136
latino2SS

Drives: 2012 IOM 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bell040 View Post
I have the BA system and I stole the signal from a rear 6x9 deck speaker that was busted anyways. I can check on the color of the OEM wires used if anyone needs this info.
I would like to know the colors of the oem BA speaker wires used please. Thanks.
Flowmaster Outlaw Axelback Exhaust, CAI Intake, Apex Scoop, Vmax TB, Elite Catch Can, Eibach Springs, CF VIS AMS Hood, Heritage Grille, Havoc Diffuser, ZL1 Rockers, ACS T4 Splitter, Glossy CF Anvil Spoiler, Showstopper Side Markers, FR Glossy Style 41's, IOM Calipers, 1LE Suede Steering Wheel, CFD Tap Shifter & other stuff.
latino2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2013, 10:02 PM   #137
Tbar

Drives: Silver 2012 LFX
Ordered one last night.
Old 06-29-2013, 10:35 PM   #138
Bell040

Drives: 2SS/RS - Black - GFX
Quote:
Originally Posted by latino2SS View Post
I would like to know the colors of the oem BA speaker wires used please. Thanks.
Here ya go... (and a few extras)

I used the drivers side rear deck speaker input. The wires I cut are the low range + and -. The ones still attached go to the tweeter that still works (the 6x9 is blown). Yes, there are 2 of the blue/white wires... that's why you need this picture. I am not saying that this is the correct way to do it... I am only saying that it works.

I kept the signal wires away from the power wires to reduce noise.

Trunk space

Knob
Built: 3-30-09 (#1691)
Recieved: 6-12-09

Blacked out, Cammed (Lunati Voodoo 233/245, .578/.598 @114°, +4°), ARH LTs, VR OTR CAI, Cutouts, and lots of other fun mods.
Bell040 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2013, 10:56 PM   #139
TwentyTen2SSRS

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS
Anyone have any issues??

Mine just started "popping" intermittently and when not popping it's not working.

Is this a wiring issue? Or is it blown? Only had for 6 weeks or so at the most!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
Cold Air Inductions CAI • Stainless Power LT's with HFC's • Flowmaster American Thunder Cat Back • APEX Scoop and WW Relocation Kit • VMAX Ported Throttle Body • Custom Dyno Tune • Pfadt 1.25" Lowering Springs • ZL1 Rims on 275 front 315 Rear • custome underlay vinyl wrap • Anvil Spoiler • heritage grill • APR Front Splitter • Custom Emblempros emblems • ZL1 Side Skirts • 416.5 whp 410 torque (CURRENTLY) Up Next: BTR Stage 3 Cam and supporting mods (in garage now)
TwentyTen2SSRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 05:38 AM   #140
45thCamaro

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2013BlackLS View Post
Anyone have any issues??

Mine just started "popping" intermittently and when not popping it's not working.

Is this a wiring issue? Or is it blown? Only had for 6 weeks or so at the most!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2
I was getting a bit of popping, however mine is wired up with the ******** harness. I had a feeling the extra Eva's were grounding out, so I used some electrical tape to cover them. I don't drive my car often enough to say that it is permanently fixed. Make sure nothing is touching metal.